New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: PE+ Break Away Video Slot  (Read 1209 times)

Offline CW880

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • CW880 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
PE+ Break Away Video Slot
« on: December 28, 2018, 05:22:35 PM »
Hello everyone!

I am a new member to NLG but I have been reading a lot and this is a great site for info on the vintage slots! I have been unable to find any info on the Players Edge Break Away video slot. It looks the same as any of the PE+ 3 reel 3 pay line slots except it uses hockey players instead of fruits or 7's. The top payout of 4000 coins was a blue hockey player, a red goalie and a yellow SCORES! symbol. 3 SCORES! was 1000, 3 goalies was 600 and 3 hockey players was 400. I cannot remember what the bars paid but this game was my favorite slot on the PE+. Max bet was 3 coins and that covered the middle, top and bottom pay line. This game was on the multi game configuration with the printer instead of the coin hopper. The other 3 games on this set were Jackpot Jungle, Bonus Poker with a built in progressive on 4 Jacks - Aces and Jacks or Better. I believe the model # on the side of the machine was 8284C. Has anyone here ever heard of this game before? I am beginning to think it was designed specifically for Video Lotto Manitoba which would make it extremely difficult to track down. They upgraded all their machines to Game Kings in August 2004. Attached is a picture of the bottom glass from a machine. Please share any info...

Chris

Offline CW880

• NLG
Re: PE+ Break Away Video Slot
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 07:45:16 PM »
I managed to finally locate the top glass from this machine. It is definitely the Players Choice Multi Game with the chipset MG0XXX. It has been difficult to find these and they do not work in MAME because of the printer error.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 08:49:16 PM »
Wow, this is awesome.  I hadn't seen your original post from 2018.

Do you have any of the chipsets?  Member BrianT is the current MAME expert around here, and I'm sure would be very interested in getting copies of the chips if you have them.  He might also be able to get around any printer issue in MAME, or I can reach out to Stolistic who ported the PE+ into MAME to see if he could do so.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline CW880

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 10:26:18 PM »
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I do not have any of the chipsets from these games. I have been searching for 16 years and always hit a dead end just like I did today when I bought the matching top glass to Break Away. If I had the chipsets, I could build one of these by buying a regular PE+ which are common and swapping out the coin hopper for a printer. I believe the MG0XXX Players Choice chipsets require the super board to run and you would leave the Data socket empty. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. There was another member asking about removing a modem which I know the Break Away machines and others like it had. They were connected via phone line to a central system that Video Lotto monitored and they would be disabled after 2:15 AM until 9:00 AM. There was also a CVT (Clerk Validation Terminal) connected in the establishment that was used to validate winning tickets and for accounting info. I am not 100% sure if these machines will work as standalone without modifications. There is not too much more I can tell you about these since they have been out of service since 2004. The 2 confirmed chip numbers are MG0268 which held the Double Bonus nickel slot game, Jacks or Better and Joker Poker. MG0173 held Home Run, Lucky 7's, Joker Poker and Jacks or Better.
The closest chipset to these on MAME is MG0252 which is not working due to the Printer Error. It would be great if you could reach Stolistic since it would probably be a walk in the park for him to create a workaround for the printer. The other potential issue once the printer is taken care of would be these machines also had a monitored lower door on the stands for the coins to drop into since there was no hopper labelled as the "cash door" in the test menu. I would be happy to provide any other info I may have.

Chris

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal