New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: PE Multi Poker Drop In - Missing Optics? Door Open - Call Attendant - CMOS Data  (Read 1569 times)

Offline keithcorcoran

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • keithcorcoran New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Just picked up this DROP IN today for free.  It has "Multi Poker" come up on the screen that comes up after doing the following...
Doesn't seem to be any serial number plates or any stickers on it denoting the model.

I did find this which looks like a parts list... but not other manual.
https://rwatts.cdyn.com/download/PEPLUS/MECHANILAL%20PARTS%20PLAYERS%20EDGE%20PLUS%20%20FLAT%20TOP.pdf

When I power on I get
VERIFYING GAME MEMORY - PLEASE WAIT

Then goes to
DOOR OPEN
CALL ATTENDANT
CMOS DATA

I can hold the self test button and get a chime.

If I turn the reset key I get to see the Multi Poker screen with
STATISTICAL METERS

I'm assuming I'm missing half of my top door optic switch because I have what looks like a metal plate with 2 screw holes in it and a black and red wire that looks like it was cut just about long enough to reach that mounting point (which aligns with the optic on the bottom.

On the bottom case I have the other half of the switch with a wire that runs along the front. That was disconnected.

I assume there's another switch on the front door but that looks like it is just maybe a magnetic switch mounted to a bracket with nothing on the door that comes off.

How can I find a replacement switch to see if that fixes this?

Would like to try to get it running before just scaveging it for the 13" monitor for one of my arcade machines.

Thanks

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
The belly door has a small door optic also.
Find the machine side 4 pin female connector and jumper pin 1 to 2 and pin 3 to 4.
It should be found right side center of the belly door frame.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline keithcorcoran

• NLG
Well ok. that was easy enough once I got the polarity right on the lid (top) switch.

Now I need to figure out how to adjust the coin slot so quarters fit in. Seems they don't fit unless I slide the black plastic part attached to the spring on the coin mech to the right a little (with the sticker that says "slide to replace coin")

I thought maybe the little thumb screw on there might do it but maybe i need to slide it to the right size and then tighten the set screw next to it.

Odd part is if i do that, it'll also take nickels as well as quarters.

OK.. it occurred to me why it's called a 'coin comparitor' haha

Slide the black thing to the right... stick a quarter in there... now it only takes quarters.
Stick a nickel in there, now it only takes nickels.

DUH.

NOW...
I think now I'm going to have to go get a couple hundred in quarters to fill this thing and clear the HOPPER EMPTY error... then figure out how to make everything HAND PAY.

(Also, is there any way to empty the chute from the hopper without taking everything apart?)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 12:25:40 AM by keithcorcoran »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
If you're referring to the metal guide from the hopper that brings the coins up to the payout bin, that's called the hopper escalator.

Note that the hopper and escalator are designed for one specific size of coin and will not work with any other size of coin. If you have a quarter hopper and escalator, it needs quarters and it will not work with nickels.

You do not need a couple hundred dollars in quarters in there. You could run it with as few as about 20-30 quarters in there, although more would be fine. Can you see how many credits it's trying to pay out? You can always have it pay out like a hundred or so at a time and then just keep recycling the coins back into the hopper until it has finished its payout.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline keithcorcoran

• NLG
I was able to dig up about $15 in coins form the wife's piggy bank. :)

Payout was about 427 coins so it took a little bit but I got it reset.

It's been working well since.  Probably looking to sell it now but was thinkign of maybe wrapping it in some wood grain vinyl or covering it in some wood grain panelling since it's a drop in model that someone build a dolly-like base with wheels for.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal