New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Installed Super Crown, now V22/32 won’t start. Help please!  (Read 2167 times)

Offline rydiez

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • rydiez New User has no influence.
  • NLG

Good Afternoon,

I have received the new super crown topper for my V22/32. I installed it yesterday, which seemed quite seamless. My LCU 08 board will be in tonight, so it is not yet installed.

Upon firing the machine back up, the the new topper momentarily flashes the screen “Attention No Video Input.” The lights are flashing and I am told this is common because I do not have the LCU in yet.

Unfortunately the machine will not load and it will not get past “Loading Alpha OS” I let it run for about 15 minutes and it just wouldn’t budge. Here is a video of what it is doing.
[size=1rem]https://youtu.be/kRe2xvYEKEo[/size]

I had MJ Wanna Be Startin Something installed. I decided to to a clear and complete re-install, yet it still won’t get past the “Loading Alpha OS” message on the bottom screen. The top screen in remaining black as
well as the topper.

Can anybody advise what the problem is? The matching worked absolutely perfectly until now. Will putting the new LCU in change anything?

Any help is appreciated!

Offline rydiez

• NLG
Re: Installed Super Crown, now V22/32 won’t start. Help please!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 06:26:31 PM »
Okay so here is what I did..
I unplugged the VGA per your advice. Sure enough the game booted up.

Upon doing so I plugged the VGA back in and got an image on the topper screen. HOWEVER, the top 3rd is Showing an image of the button panel. The lower 2 thirds is showing the proper image but its overly big.

Seems like I am close to resolving this, but not quite sure whee to look next.

The OS  i installed is AV01 NSTL0360-0-3 on a card not a USB.

I also have OS 366E on a card, which I do not believe works, but could give it a shot.

Offline rydiez

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 06:34:09 PM »
Here is another photo of what the topper is doing. I hope this is just a matter of the VGA is plugged into the wrong port however I dont see anywhere else to plug it into. Currently everything is set up exactly as my old video topper that was working perfectly

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 06:52:45 PM »
360 is a really old OS and predates the crown topper by a lot.  My guess is that the OS has no clue what to do with it. I would upgrade to a 366 os and see what happens.  Also what version of BIOS do you have?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rydiez

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 07:01:38 PM »
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the suggestion. My apologies but how do I figure out what bios I have? Also the CPU is 2.0 apparently.

For clarification, I should do a clear and try to reinstall with this 366E Card?

Offline rydiez

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 07:24:30 PM »
Here is the info

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 04:25:26 PM »
You have latest bios for your MPU type, you should try the newer OS to see if that fixes your topper issue.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rydiez

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 12:23:19 PM »
So many people have reached out and helped me on this project. Special thanks to Rickhunter, iDesign, and Tommy  for countless messages trying to resolve this problem. Each of your patience and professionalism is just incredible. I am happy to say that after far to much money spent, it is now working. For anybody that faces the problem in the future the fix was simple.

I switched from a 2.0 to 2.1 CPU. Thank you again for all of the tech support. It’s beautiful

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 12:47:14 PM »
Was it the switch from 2.0 to 2.1 the fix or was it the video card itself? I didnt think you needed a 2.1 to get the crown to work or the picture correct.
-------
Charles

Offline rydiez

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 12:53:49 PM »
I have no idea. It was suggested that perhaps it was just the video card. Ultimately that would have been a fraction of the cost as replacing the cpu, but I was just tired of trying new things and I really have no clue about computers. For me the easier solution was to try the whole new CPU. When it comes to compatible BIOS and all the other terms, I just don’t have the experience (I know pathetic). It would be worth figuring out for others who run into this problem as these Alpha 2’s make their way into more homes.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 02:29:29 PM »
I duplicated his configuration on a 2.0 mpu with a Quadro 2000 (not a k2000) as he has and was not able to duplicate his error.  At this point, my best guess is that he has one of the earlier revisions of the 2.0 mpu that didn't play nice with the crown topper, and switching to a 2.1 mpu got him out of the issue.  I tried a pair of my 2.0 mpu's and couldn't duplicate his error, so all other things being equal, must have been his mpu revision.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal