New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help with Bally m9000 (newbie)  (Read 21923 times)

Offline hoffjer

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • hoffjer New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Help with Bally m9000 (newbie)
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2015, 10:56:55 AM »
Thank you so much. I had seen those but thought that because they were S9000 they would not fit in my M9000. So these are interchangeable as long as they have the correct part number? I'm learning so much!

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2015, 11:08:51 AM »
M9000, S9000, S9E, Cinevision, V32, ect all run the same hardware. The mechanicals S9000 will have added mechanical parts, but runs the same MPUs. All of these can run different versions of the Alpha 1 MPU, like the 1gig. Its faster and will run newer games.
-------
Charles

Offline hoffjer

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2015, 12:09:23 PM »
That is good to know, thank you. I just purchased the bios chip and will have an update after I receive it. What is the procedure for changing out the bios?

Offline hoffjer

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2015, 11:02:00 AM »
I should get the new bios chip either today or tomorrow in the mail.

When replacing the chip, do I just swap the chips and power the machine back up? Do I need to do the Ram Clear on the first power up or have the OS in? Thank you in advance.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2015, 12:36:20 PM »
Just came inside to take a break and seen your post.  With all pwr. off. remove mpu, remove old bios carefully, install new bios noting correct orientation ( little curve dimple lines up with curve on board). remove all cards and perform a clear.  install os and game cards, let boot  and set the game up.  I would not use that game it came with for now.  try another one. Will chk. back later on your progress.-- :cool_thumb_up: .

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2015, 08:20:39 PM »
Well,... Did you get it going- :Scratch-Head: .

Offline hoffjer

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2015, 09:48:47 PM »
Unfortunately the bios seller was lazy getting it to the mail and I have yet to receive it. I will give updates as soon as I can. Trust me this wait is killing me.

Offline hoffjer

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2015, 07:53:24 PM »
So I finally received the bios chip today but after opening the package I found AVBBPR0OR809-00 instead of 807-00 which is what I ordered. Not a very happy camper. Will this chip work with my current software? (Yes I already sent an email to the seller, hopefully he will send the correct chip asap)

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2015, 08:19:55 PM »
It will definitely works with the games, but I show you would need a 320 RAM clear with that bios. Do you have that one or the 312?
-------
Charles

Offline hoffjer

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2015, 08:35:57 PM »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2015, 12:24:03 PM »
You will also need a new OS with that BIOS.  An OS in the 82X range.  You probably have 817 or similar.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline hoffjer

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2015, 04:53:02 PM »
So after a struggle I finally got the correct BIOS chip. I switched it out, performed the ram clear successfully. But when I tried turning the machine on with the OS and game card in, I got the prepart failed screen again. I turned the machine off and switched the BIOS chips back and now I'm stuck on this screen. I'm lost. Why won't my OS load with the new chip? Did I miss a step?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2015, 05:26:50 PM »
NVRam 2 battery low, you need to replace the batteries in the MPU board.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline hoffjer

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2015, 09:14:07 AM »
Ok, I'm assuming that I can just find out what battery I need by following the markings on the battery after it is removed?

Also, if there is anyone that has the correct OS card for the AVBBPR0OR807-00 BIOS chip I would greatly appreciate it and would want to buy it. I fear that because of my machine's unique setup, the OS I currently have is not operable with any BIOS chip other than the one that came with the machine. PM me if you have this OS [size=78%]AVOS00000317‐XX.[/size]

Offline hoffjer

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2015, 08:41:02 PM »
UPDATE:

Sorry I have been lazy on updating everyone on my machine's status. With the help of Rick Hunter, I found that my machine came with a one of a kind BIOS chip, SJUR chip, Operating System and Game Software (also the Glass Kit). All of these parts needed to be replaced with standard hardware and software in order for me to be able to play normal games and swap them out. This has been taken care of and the machine runs the new games wonderfully. I replaced the batteries on the MPU and on the back board and therefore have no more low battery errors showing. I also purchased the Bettor TITO equipment and a bill validator update chip. These have been installed and are working great. All in all, my machine is now running very well. I guess if the right collector ever came along and really had a desire to purchase my unique software and hardware I may be willing to part with them but for now they are sealed up and will be put in storage.

The only part of my machine that is not working now is the printer. It is an Ithaca 850 and from what I have researched and observed, it is a complete unit. Whenever I push the cash out option (both on the touch screen and the button on the panel) the printer lets out two blank tickets and then the machine displays "Call Attendant." When I go to the setup menu, the error "printer jam" is displayed. The only way to clear this error that I have found so far is to pull the printer out, disconnect it and reconnect it. I have entered information into the voucher input so the printer does have a message that it should print. However, the tickets are always blank and the printer always jams. Any help with this (hopefully) last issue is greatly appreciated.

Again, I want to give a great big shout out to Rick Hunter and James at Bettor Slots for the great amount of help they have given me to get my machine to the point it is at now. These guys (and many other members here) rock with their incredible knowledge of gaming devices.

Also, if anyone has access to a list of games that are compatible with Alpha 1 machines (don't know if there has ever been one compiled) I would love to see that as I would like to get as many games as possible. Just a shot in the dark.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2015, 04:23:02 AM »
Someone here a few months had an issue similar to yours with their ticket printer and it was printing blank tickets, I believe they had the ticket paper loaded upside down or wrong in some way?? Have you double-checked the ticket paper and how it is being fed into the printer? I'm thinking that maybe on some thermal printers the paper is only sensitive on one side.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2015, 08:10:38 AM »
Yes, check to make sure the printer is fed right, there should be diagrams on your printer telling you which way the little black boxes printed on the ticket need to face.  That being said, I always seem to have issues with ithaca printers on bally machines.  The first thing I do when I work in one, is to put a gen2 printer on it, seems to work all the time.  At least that is my experience.

Offline hoffjer

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2015, 10:12:13 PM »
So I have great news! The tickets were already loaded into my machine when I bought them so I assumed they were in correctly. I guess that's what I get for assuming because with your suggestions I found out that the tickets were indeed loaded in upside down. I flipped them over so that the black dot aligned on the top and hooray everything with the printer errors went away. So that makes me very happy.

However, after I printed out a ticket and tried to insert it back into the machine it just got rejected by my validator over and over again. I do have the Bettor TITO installed with all of the recommended settings set to the manual's instructions. After further inspection, I noticed that the printed image on the ticket was a bit fuzzy and that may be the cause of the validator rejection. I tried printing another ticket and the print quality got worse, the quality continually got worse with every print. I guess my question is now on what I need to do to get a clear printed ticket? Do I need a completely new printer? Can I clean my printer and if so how do I do that?

I'm attaching a picture of the first ticket I printed to show evidence of how far we've come with this project so far. Thank you all for your future/past/present help with my new obsession.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2015, 10:28:57 PM »
Is your printer paper new stuff or old?  These are thermal transfer paper, so if they are old sometimes they do nor react with the thermal printhead right and you get bad prints.  I would buy new paper and give it a go, since it is the cheaper solution to try before you try a new printer.  I would also recommend cleaning the print head, but it is very delicate and you can easily scratch the elements, and then there's no return.  Also is your validator a JCM WBA or an MEI?  They may not be configured to accept tickets.  When you put the ticket into the machine, do you get a message on the lcd saying it is validating voucher  or a voucher inserted message?  If you don't, then your validators have ticket acceptance disabled.  If you have a JCM WBA validator, check the dip switches on the side, they should all be in the same position.  One of them controls ticket acceptance, I think it is the first switch, but I am not 100% sure.  Anyway, they should all be set to the same position to accept everything.  If you have an MEI, there is a configuration paper you can print out and bubble in the currency types and the ticket acceptance.  The manual is posted in the validator thread.  Look for MEI or Mars not accepting currency or tickets in the subject.

Offline hoffjer

• NLG
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2015, 09:47:37 PM »
Awesome news. I bought some new tickets from Spin Inc. they came very fast and were extremely well priced. I put the new tickets in my machine and they printed out clear as can be. They also were read fast and easily by my bill validator. I now have a 100% working machine and I'm very happy with it! Thank you to everyone that helped me along the way! The only thing I need to do now is find a list of games for my machine and make my collection bigger!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal