New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally V7000 - Saferam error + IC Chip issues?  (Read 5873 times)

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Midcoastsurf New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally V7000 - Saferam error + IC Chip issues?
« on: August 22, 2015, 01:22:21 PM »
Hello,

I picked up this project machine, but need some help.  Looks like the battery needs to be replaced (i'll install a battery holder).  While pulling the board out to replace the battery, an IC chip fell off the board.  See pics.  I then noticed these two IC's don't fit the entire length SIP sockets.  Is this right?

- Where can I buy a replacement IC? (a leg on this one is broken off)

- After the battery install, do I need a clear chip? (I know this often common when replacing a battery on an S+ slot with a 61 error loop).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:48:34 AM by Midcoastsurf »

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
Re: Bally Triple Play - Saferam error + IC Chip issues?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 01:31:13 PM »
screen message...

Offline ricker

• Reputation Power: 14
  • ricker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 01:49:06 PM »
Looks like fun. The board looks like a Gamemaker. Yes some chips are shorter 28 pin. The set/clear chip is a shorter(27C512) and is used in socket P-10. Without labels on any of the chips, it's hard to tell what ya got, unless you get it going or have programmer to read what ya got.  Your broken leg on chip can be fixed, and somewhere on here you will find how or someone will chime in.  I would replace battery, fix or remove broken leg chip, and fire it up.  Keep us posted.

Richard

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 02:16:07 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I'll try Googling the IC leg fix.  I just ordered some batteries off of Amazon.  I'll start soldering on new battery holders in the mean time (3 project machines).  Stay tuned.

Offline ricker

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 04:05:29 PM »
Hey, here's some info on broken chip leg fixes.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1769.msg8929#msg8929

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 09:35:45 AM »
Ok, the IC is back in place and the continuity on the broken leg to the board is good.  I'll provide an update once the battery is installed this coming week.

Is it common to have different glasses on poker machines?  The top glass is Bally and the lower glass is IGT.  The game is stamped Bally on the right side.  It appears someone taped in cards that describe the 3 games that are on this machine behind the top glass.  Did Bally ever make a generic lower glass that would match up closer to this top glass?

Thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 09:55:26 AM »
...Is it common to have different glasses on poker machines?  The top glass is Bally and the lower glass is IGT.  The game is stamped Bally on the right side....

Maybe the lower glass was broken or removed for some reason, like to repair another working machine. Then someone installed whatever glass they had or could easily find to "complete" this machine. Bally and IGT are two separate companies, competitors in fact. That would be like putting a Ford hood ornament on a Chevrolet car. Not original. You should be able to find the proper glass for it, or one that is close enough. Places like ebay and Rudy's have glass for sale all the time. Plus there are several people here on NLG with extra glass pieces. If you can find a photo of the same model machine that will give you an idea of what glass to look for.

In your photo the lower glass says "Triple Play" and I guess that is how you titled this thread. If so, what is the actual game name of your machine? Because of the top glass on the machine and what ricker said about the mpu board maybe your game is a Bally GameMaker or otherwise a Bally video machine?? Can you post a clear photo of the machine idplate on the right side, and a photo of the inside of the machine, door open with us looking inside?

I lightened your photo so I could see it better, and attached it below, might help others to see it and help with glass advice. I've also attached a photo of an IGT Triple Play machine so you can see the difference.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:48:19 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline ricker

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 11:27:37 AM »
Hey,
Thanks for lightening the pics. That is a model V7000, 20 inch monitor. The upper glass refers to 3 different 9-line slot games. The givaway for the older gamemakers: Model 7000 has cash can access on side of machine, model 7200 you open the main front door. Both models use the same main board, the model 7200 had option for 12 button deck for some of the newer games( multi-chip stand alone themes) develped for the 7200 platforms. Yea, wrong bottom glass for machine.  Gamemaker has some 3 hand pokers, but not like  igt's.

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 11:48:12 AM »
It definitely has the side access door to the cash box.  Here are a few more pics.  Does the V7000 require a clear chip after a battery change?  According to the top glass, there are two slot games (Gold Mine Slot and Reel Gems) and a Poker game (Jumpin' Jokers).  We'll see if those match up with the board once she fires up.

Yes, I know the hopper is missing.  I am going to pick that up in the next day or two (seller has it at another location).

Offline ricker

• NLG
Re: Bally V7000 - Saferam error + IC Chip issues?
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 12:32:25 PM »
You will need a clear chip. Perhaps the chip in P-10 now is a clear chip, if your lucky :stirthepot:. I think the Jumpin Jokers is a slot game, I actually have it on my GM now.

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 02:19:12 PM »
That's what I get for assuming Jokers = card game. Haha.

If the chip in U10 was a clear chip, wouldn't I still need a game chip?

Is there a list of games that will run in the V7000?  Does someone just program any 3 games onto a game chip?  Is 3 games the limit?  I'd prefer having at least one poker game since I have 2 real slot machines.

Thanks for all the help!

Offline ricker

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 11:20:27 AM »
You have 10 ic sockets labeled P1-P10. You can have up to 10 games. Only 1 game per chip. Some home users use only P1-P9 and leave P10 empty as it is for the clear/set chip, as you will make changes as you develop your skills with the GM's many options, unless you are going to sell. There are Pokers, Keno's, Slots, Blackjack, and other games of chance avail. for the GM.

Richard

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 11:53:36 AM »
Very helpful, thanks for the info!  I'll post an update once I get the new battery installed. I still need to get a clear chip as well.

When I Google Bally V7000, the images don't look like my machine. My monitor goes the width of the machine and the images online have the coin acceptor to the right of the monitor. Is my machine really a V7000?  Just want to make sure I get the right clear chip.

Thanks!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal