New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: NXT2 Hard Drive /dev/sda Not Found...  (Read 826 times)

Offline Eddiie

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
NXT2 Hard Drive /dev/sda Not Found...
« on: January 19, 2021, 05:49:44 PM »
Machines seems to get jealous of one another, at least they do here.  After a month or two of 'neglect', if you will, the machine turns on and complains it cannot find the hard drive.   So put another one in.   Same message.     What!  Ok, fine, third drive AND different cable.     SAME thing.   3 drives.   I know they are good drives.
I know this was working.    Can't get into diags to check anything.

What the..............

I'll reseat the CPU but don't think that is going to help. 

Batteries????

Hoping someone else has run into this with known good hard disks and fixed it. 

Offline Eddiie

• Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: NXT2 Hard Drive /dev/sda Not Found...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 09:19:42 PM »
Really?   No one?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 09:36:27 PM »
You know....It's possible no one saw your post...I know I didn't.

I want to know what your exact message was.
Did it look like this photo below?
Go get your camera.

I disconnected the hard drive cable to get this message on my LCD screen - just for you.
My machine says there's nothing in the "sda1"....probably means port #1?
I have no idea what it means really....just guessing but I care about you being happy and getting your machine running the way it should.
Try a new hard drive cable maybe?

Click on picture below to enlarge if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 09:51:44 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Pinaddicted New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 06:29:42 AM »
Eddiie

I realize this is an old post but I'm having the exact issue, and this was the only result found doing a search.  Did you ever find the cause/solution to this error?

I'm getting the same error on a (new to me) NXT2 CPU, I'm thinking it has been sitting awhile unused. I'll contact the previous owner tomorrow to see.

During my first clear/install attempt with this CPU I get this error immediately after the green "Formatting hard drive"... The error is orange and reads... "WARNING: Hard drive  "/dev/sda"  not found.

Anyway... Do you remember what your remedy was on this issue???

Thanks, Mark

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 08:08:27 AM »
It's not finding the HD.  Check cable connections.  Did you try using a clear card?  If you still get error most likely the HD.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 09:28:51 AM »
It's not finding the HD.  Check cable connections.  Did you try using a clear card?  If you still get error most likely the HD.

Yes, I cleared the machine first. Actually multiple times with same result. Also reseated HD connections. I'm trying to load a basic game, Sea Tales.

It will eventually boot to the setup screen, and when that is done it goes to final configuration and locks on the odd "Call Attendant"

Then, the blue screen says.... Program Time Out.... No Trigger from Sea Tales

Thanks for your help!!!

Mark

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 09:34:57 AM »
This sounds like the game is not loaded on the HD and is just trying to play from RAM.  Did you try using a different HD or SSD?

I assume  you still get a message about not finding the HD during the boot process

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 09:47:18 AM »
This sounds like the game is not loaded on the HD and is just trying to play from RAM.  Did you try using a different HD or SSD?

I assume  you still get a message about not finding the HD during the boot process

Yes, I still get the not finding hard drive message.

I'm currently swapping the HD, I'll post my results.

Thanks!!!

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2024, 10:08:47 AM »
Same result with different HD

SATA cable?

I don't see the release tab on the white SATA cable connector... what's the secret? I figured it out...lol

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2024, 10:46:10 AM »
I switched the white connector to the other port... same result.

Swapped SATA cables... same result.

I clear and reload after every hardware swap.

This is getting frustrating!!!  :Scratch-Head:

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2024, 10:49:08 AM »
What about power, you sure you are getting power to the HD.  Try the other port.  Check the cable for power with a meter

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2024, 11:39:45 AM »
Out of curiosity, I put my original working CPU back in and have the same issue with it!!!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2024, 11:44:42 AM »
Are you locking the CPU down with the CPU down with the lever?

Check for bent pins

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2024, 11:47:53 AM »
I've checked that and they look fine, but I'll check again.

The only thing different between the original CPU swap is that I connected a WAP controller to J18 before I installed the other CPU.

Yes, the CPU is locked down.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2024, 08:40:14 PM »
I gave up on this issue, no matter what I did it ended with the same result.

The original CPU was re-installed and everything works as it should. I may swap out the backplane, I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for all tips and suggestions.

Mark

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2024, 04:58:32 AM »
So the original CPU that didn't work before, works now?  The backplane would have nothing to do with the SATA drive not working, unless there was a power issue.  But if the game works with another MPU, then there may be something wrong with the other mpu's motherboard or adastra.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2024, 07:17:09 AM »
So the original CPU that didn't work before, works now?

Yes, it did as of my last post, but all I was doing was test loading a normal game and never left it on very long. Then I installed the transmissive equipment and after about 5 minutes of play, the video goes out on both monitors. The sound stayed on, video out. If I reboot the game it would load and do the same thing. My original MPU/CPU (what's the correct term?) worked flawlessly no matter what equipment was used before I installed the other MPU.

I'm sure some of you are wondering why I would want to remove a perfectly good working MPU???  I purchased some WAP software and controller that was programmed to work with the other MPU's MAC address.

I have an extra (NEW) backplane that I could install, could this be the issue between the two MPU's?  Something got damaged on the original backplane?  All the pins look good to me.

Mark

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2024, 01:01:59 PM »
I re-seated the DVI to the bottom transmissive monitor and inspected/adjusted the ribbon cable, (that looks delicate) and that resolved the new issue concerning the video. It's been on for at least 2 hours with no issue.

The alternate MPU issues remain a mystery.

Is the adastra board where the unique MAC address is stored?  That's why I swapped MPU's in the first place.

Thanks, Mark

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal