New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1994 triple diamond deluxe error code  (Read 7698 times)

Offline Greaty

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Greaty New User has no influence.
  • NLG
1994 triple diamond deluxe error code
« on: August 18, 2016, 05:04:20 PM »
i have a code 41 then i reset and get a 42 then a 43 i went to 61 1 and reset that works for about three spins then starts all over with 41 please help as i am new to this.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: 1994 triple diamond deluxe error code
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 06:56:37 PM »
41, 42 and 43 are all reel errors.  I would check the clearance of the reels to make sure they are not rubbing against something creating the error.  If that doesn't fix it, the cables that control the reels are under the reel shelf toward the back.  It is a molex type connector that you can pull out.  Examine all 3 connectors make sure there are not burn marks and then plug them back in, making sure they are in nice and tight.  After that, the other thing to check are the reel control chips on the MPU, the easiest way to do that is to swap out the mpu board with a known working that, otherwise it involves desoldering the existing chips and installing new ones.  If you don't have a spare MPU board, now is the time to get one while they can be found relatively easily.  The S+ is built like a tank, and things rarely go wrong with them, but they are over 20 years old now, and eventually getting parts for them is going to be very difficult, so if you want to keep it around for a while, I suggest you get some spare parts, like MPU's, motherboards, reels, and a power supply.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Greaty

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 03:59:21 PM »
ok how do i know what mpu to get is the number on the board?

Offline Greaty

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 05:11:57 PM »
just a heads up if i turn the reels by hand a little then shut door it works for a little the i get  one of the errors 41 42 43. could it be the reels themselves?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 05:31:04 PM »
Have you checked to make sure that nothing is physically rubbing on the reels when the door is closed?  The wires that run above the fluorescent tube that is mounted above the reel glass are good suspects -- they'll be taught when the door is open, but watch them closely as the door closes, they start to sag.  If they sag enough, they could touch the reel baskets while they're spinning, possibly causing a reel error.

As far as what MPU board to purchase, if that's the problem, you're likely in the market for an IGT S+ 10mhz MPU board.  No particular part number, just a 10mhz S+ MPU board.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Greaty

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 05:39:55 PM »
nothing rubbing wired tied every thing.

Offline Greaty

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 05:41:36 PM »
one of the reels #3 does wobble a little i don't know if that will effect it. it doesn't touch anything tho.

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 05:48:43 PM »
Just a suggestion...

Are the small nuts on the lower side of the display board tight?  I was hearing a scraping noise (not to the point of causing a reel tilt) and found that to be the cause.

Also, with the door open move each reel ~two notches one at a time.  Each one should cause the machine to run the right to left reel alignment with the door open so you can look for anything rubbing in the cabinet or odd noises.

Edit: how much wobble??  Is a spoke cracked?

Offline Greaty

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 05:59:09 PM »
no strip was not in groove properly i just got machine and i got it in so the wobble is very slight. nuts are tight. but it does not do the wheel alignment when i move the wheels a little.

Offline off-track

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 06:16:23 PM »
Hmm, that doesn't sound right?  With the power off you should be able to easily move any of the reels with no resistance.  As soon as you power up they should visibly "stiffen".  After that, when you move a reel does it resist (like a "notch") turning?  Even one "cnotch" causes my machine to do a reel alignment.

I'm new here.. just going by how my Triple Sapphire works.  They appear the same to me?  I'm sure a more senior member will know more. 

Offline Greaty

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 06:50:12 PM »
 :Scratch-Head: when powered off they are free when powered on the first to have very little to no notch the third one has notch but they do not realign.

Offline off-track

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 07:07:38 PM »
When you shut and latch the door does the display blank for ~10 seconds and then reverse spin all three reels?

Offline Greaty

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 07:17:46 PM »
no

Offline Greaty

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 07:20:16 PM »
it does blank but most of time it does not spin never took notice if it reverse spins

Offline off-track

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 07:54:03 PM »
Sorry, my mistake.

If the door is just opened and closed it doesn't do the right left alignment.
If, when the door is open mine will do a re-align if one reel is moved.  After that, when the door is shut it will again do an alignment.
Door open, power cycle, the BV runs it's self check, then the reels do a right/left spin.  Close the door, the display blanks and the the reels do another right/left spin, the display comes on and the lower (blue) candle flashes until the next spin completes.

Maybe try re-seating the reel connectors or possibly temporarily swapping the reels to see if the "limp" behavior follows?

Offline Greaty

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2016, 08:04:24 PM »
when i first got it it do a realignment now it just stopped. :banghead:

Offline off-track

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2016, 08:15:51 PM »
Another thought... how does the motherboard power connector look?  The S+ is known for having problems because of that?  If you search here you'll see several posts of how to spot/fix that problem.  It should be pretty obvious as a darkened/burnt pin in the molex connector.

Offline Greaty

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2016, 08:33:34 PM »
nope looks nice and white . :Crazy: this thing is killing me it worked for a week after i bought it now it's driving me nuts.

Offline Greaty

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2016, 08:51:28 PM »
Just ordered a mpu and reel set figure i'm going to need them as backup any way. let us pray!

Offline off-track

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2016, 09:31:40 PM »
Shotgun rather than diagnostic but.. oh well? 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal