New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 809 top box problems  (Read 2299 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
809 top box problems
« on: April 11, 2019, 11:58:47 AM »
I have a bally 809-7z7 (3 reel, 1 payline, 5 coin) slot.  I have got it accepting coins and reels spin and stop. 

the top box has lights for each coin.

After a spin when I put in first coin the lights reset to show one coin.

Problem is when I put second coin in it doesn't advance and light up 2nd coin lights (it will after 3 or 4 tries).

once the top box shows 2nd coin accepted then it advances as it should for each coin up to 5.

I noticed that when first coin is put in the reset relay is pulled in and should open as soon as it resets.

hope this makes sense to you guys and thanks for any help.

Bob

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 809 top box problems
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 01:06:05 PM »
Bob,  I'll check the schematics tonight and tell you what might be causing your problem.  In theory, after the first coin is accepted, it locks a relay switch to divert any more coin in switch activity to the top box odds counr up coil, its this coil that will advance the lamps and move the pointer to the right drum to do the multiplication for any wins.  did you clean and oil the large disc in the right corner, (looking from the back of the feature unit)
wd40 the contacts and work it using your finger to count it up and the other coil to reset it. do this many times so it runs smoothly, and all the contacts are cleaned. (no black carbon build up).

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 08:11:00 AM »
Jim,
I have cleaned the disc and everything seems to work smoothly.  I'm pretty sure the problem is the reset relay is not "opening" back up after first coin (it pulls in and stays closed). 
Bob

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 10:25:11 AM »
Bob,   check these switches for being closed all the time, use the white wire with the black tracer to locate the switches and then follow them back to the yellow wire.     Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 12:40:54 PM »
I put a piece of business card in between the top of the reset coil and it has been working fine.  I'm not sure why it was "sticking" shut.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 08:43:00 PM »
Please post photo of the fix, if you can.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 04:49:19 AM »
Here's pics of the fix.  Note I replaced business card with a layer of painters tape.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 06:23:42 AM »
Bob,  there was another thread about a mixer relay running longer than it should, turned out to be the top of the coil plate had some gunk on it and the plate stuck to the coil. Maybe your had similar gunk on it and by putting the card and tape in between solved the problem of sticking. Maybe a good cleaning of the plate will solve you problem??

Jim

Signature:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 09:52:17 AM »
You can wear a burr on the plate from where it contacts the coil. I have use a file or emery board to fix the problem.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 09:01:07 PM »
IF it ain't broke don't fix it however I have noticed in the past that those metal flaps can become magnetized over time.  The one near the handle release coil is notorious for this.  When that happens they stick.  Tape works as you know.  I also have a little magnetize de-magnetize tool that I bought from Harbor Freight.  I use it to magnetize screw driver tips.  A pass or two with this device and I have been good to go for many year.

My 2 cents
Ra 

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 09:08:21 PM »
Nice tip. I have had those diverters stick as you stated.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 04:19:06 AM »
thanks guys for all the help, machine is working pretty good right now with just an additional few coins on large payouts.  All payouts up to 70 seem to be ok. 
Bob

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 08:49:45 AM »
We get the picture and will not bombard you with emails.  Enjoy your game.

Ra

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 09:05:07 AM »
IF it ain't broke don't fix it however I have noticed in the past that those metal flaps can become magnetized over time.  The one near the handle release coil is notorious for this.  When that happens they stick.  Tape works as you know.  I also have a little magnetize de-magnetize tool that I bought from Harbor Freight.  I use it to magnetize screw driver tips.  A pass or two with this device and I have been good to go for many year.

My 2 cents
Ra

Residual magnetism can cause havoc.  Happens a lot on EM pinball machines too.  I need to make a trip to harbor freight and pick up one of those! thanks Ra!

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 09:24:07 AM »
My pleasure and honor to be able to help.  It is incredible how much trouble an UNSEEABLE  problem can cause.  Everything looks perfect to the eye.  No broken wires or missing springs but your game just does not work correctly.   A real head scratcher at times indeed.   :Scratch-Head:

May God continue to bless you all during this sacred time of year.

Ra

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2019, 10:03:26 AM »
Anybody know good place to buy the florescent bulb sockets like the ones in the belly glass?  Pic attached.
thanks

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2019, 01:42:30 PM »
I might have those here.
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 06:34:16 AM »
Gary, please let me know if you do.
thanks
Bob

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2019, 03:49:40 PM »
Bob,
I found these. They are from bulb fixtures on the sides of the reels. They use the same T5 bulb.

Gary
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal