New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bonus Sizzling 7 - NEW ACQUISITION - ALMOST working..need help!  (Read 1018 times)

Offline timcdfw

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • timcdfw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bonus Sizzling 7 - NEW ACQUISITION - ALMOST working..need help!
« on: January 11, 2020, 03:24:01 PM »
I got this machine today for nearly nothing.

When I brought it home, all the general lights are working.

The credit light was flashing like it was a bad connection and no action.
Also the handle is down and locked..
Sorry for the details but I want to be a through as possible since I don't know what it could be..

Steps I took to analyze:
1. Checked all molex connections for fit and no apparent loose connections
2. Checked power supply from base....secure not frayed.
3. Pulled hopper seemed ok..UNK at this point.
4. Pulled upper glass and looked back there...just curious. All ok but lots of dust and pieces of straw...etc. I'm thinking was stored in a garage for a while.
4. Pulled MPU door...and SIGH

The base board that the MPU sits on top of (forgive my lack of knowledge here) has a plastic cover....in between that and the board, it was a little wet. There were signs of rust.  I think this has to be the biggest issue with this unit so far.

I took off the three screws that hold the plastic cover and pulled the cover.  Most of the discoloration was on the plastic and not the board.
I cleaned the plastic and spent some time wiping gently the board, letting it dry and checking for anyt rust touching the plugs or connections.

I let it dry, and reinstalled it all and re-seated the MPU door.

Some Success:

The SPIN REELS light lit up and it allowed me to spin the reels. That was a first! ( so far so good)

But that was it.....

Switched it off and hit the test button....got a single chime.

The lights on top are alternating fast. (Tilt mode still?)

I checked the cash box and made sure it is also seated ok but the BV keeps clicking and spinning like it can't quite reset.

This is such a nice looking machine and apparently was from the Stratosphere..I just know I'm not that far off from having it working.

I hate to take it to the repair place I know of, if its something I can do here.

ANY and all tips appreciated, I love this forum because I have no where else to turn.

Thanks in Advance, I appreciate any advice.

Tim
DFW

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bonus Sizzling 7 - NEW ACQUISITION - ALMOST working..need help!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 05:22:11 PM »
Usually seeing the mother board looking like that means the battery on the MPU exploded at some point.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline timcdfw

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 06:10:35 PM »
I wondered that but the battery looks fairly new and tested out at 3.4

Maybe it corroded, but  they just didn’t clean up that mess?

It was wet though on the board....under that plastic.

Makes me wonder if they had it sitting on the garage floor and a tiny bit of water got in

But it’s all dry now 😬

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 06:16:33 PM »
So you turned it back on was there a 61 showing? When you pushed the button did it change to 61 1? If yes then close the door and turn jp key.

the rockin elvis

Offline timcdfw

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 06:36:14 PM »
Unfortunately there are no codes.  I seem to have no red led indicators at all.
Thinking I may have a visual display issue also 😬

When the unit is on, the only light in that section is the $.25 light plus the fluorescent tubes of course too

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 06:43:34 PM »
With the machine on, do the reels move freely or are they stiff ?

the rockin elvis

Offline timcdfw

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 06:56:23 PM »
They are stiff… But immediately after putting the MPU door back on and allowed me to spin them one time.... but the spin reels button has not allowed me to spin them since....

Both of the lights on top or alternating flashing… Is this Tilt mode right?

But pushing the test button and hearing that chime..Does not seem to do too much

I can tell they really want to spin because they react when power is cut on... slight wobble etc

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 07:12:46 PM »
After you press button and it chimes - close the door and push the door lever all the way down, then turn the jackpot reset key on right side of cabinet one time and wait and see if the reels spin (about 5-7 seconds).  If they do it may be ready to insert coins.

Offline timcdfw

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 07:16:36 PM »
OK I just tried that step-by-step… The key didn’t seem to make any change when I turned it

On the coin comparitor, is that greenlight supposed to be illuminated all the time?

It is not lit up

Offline timcdfw

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 07:19:32 PM »
Pics

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 07:28:29 PM »
The candle is not significant will stop after first game played. Check wiring at display and at mb. You might have missed a plug. Need those displays

the rockin elvis

Offline timcdfw

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 07:41:09 PM »
It does  seem like a connection issue .....  gonna step  away for a minute.   I’ll try this and report back later

Thank you guys for your help I definitely feel like I’ve made some progress today  👍🏼

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 07:47:21 PM »

On the coin comparitor, is that greenlight supposed to be illuminated all the time?

It is not lit up
It does not lite up when the door is open.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal