New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT repair help  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Billsfanmd

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Billsfanmd New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT repair help
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2020, 09:33:49 AM »
If I decide to replace board.  How much are they reconditioned?

Thx

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2020, 01:07:28 PM »
IGT has stopped making these boards over 20 years ago...any board you find now will probably have a dead battery.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Billsfanmd

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2020, 01:16:48 PM »
Understand but this one may have battery acid damage. Was seeing if anyone sells these that they have tested

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2020, 04:20:02 PM »
Understand but this one may have battery acid damage. Was seeing if anyone sells these that they have tested

Check out our supporting vendors on the home page, such as Alan at KLAR, Jim at Midwest, or Krystal at SLOT RUSH.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2020, 07:25:57 PM »
Not sure if you have a 10Mhz or 16Mhz but a quick search came in @ $80 + shipping for a 10.  Even then, it's just "tested" as working.  Jim might have one for less but even then I'd doubt the battery would be replaced?
From your picture is doesn't look like the corrosion has spread too far?  Certainly not like in a pin where it can run down the board(s) in the backbox.  The battery you need is a TL-5101/P (or equivalent).  Personally, I'd try the battery replacement first.

Offline Billsfanmd

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2020, 08:23:17 PM »
Not sure if you have a 10Mhz or 16Mhz but a quick search came in @ $80 + shipping for a 10.  Even then, it's just "tested" as working.  Jim might have one for less but even then I'd doubt the battery would be replaced?
From your picture is doesn't look like the corrosion has spread too far?  Certainly not like in a pin where it can run down the board(s) in the backbox.  The battery you need is a TL-5101/P (or equivalent).  Personally, I'd try the battery replacement first.

Thx. That’s my plan. Yep not as bad as pin battery acid but my buddy def noticed corrosion on nearby components. And have not looked underneath yet :)

Offline Billsfanmd

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2020, 06:45:42 PM »
ok finally working on the slot again. Spoke to Jim about boards and batteries. Great guy!
Starting off I redid the burned connector....Looks nice with new molex. I took the nice working board out of my slot that works great (I know risky :)   When I put it in game I am working on I get a 65 1 error message which I think I read needs a reset?   What I dont understand is when I put the board back in my good game it plays great. So I guess my question is what is the 65 1 error and how do I fix?
I have original board I want to replace the battery but would love to I fixed power issue first.
Mike

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2020, 11:51:43 PM »
A list of common IGT S+ errors and their resolutions is found in a FAQ here in the S+ section. Here is a direct link:

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/

The EEPROM referenced for your error is located on the fixed motherboard in your machine. It seems reasonable that you'd get that error when installing a board from another machine, as the data on the EEPROM on the motherboard wouldn't match the data on the newly installed MPU board. Follow the directions in the FAQ I linked to in order to get past the error. Note, you may encounter additional error codes before the machine will be ready for play.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Billsfanmd

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2020, 04:49:33 AM »
Thx. After I posted I founds some  helpful videos.

I’ll post next question on here instead of new thread and that is how to get keys

My friend got 4-5 games but thinks he only has 1 set of keys. Where can I get more of the side keys that you use if you need to reset?

I’m also need some main door  Cc barrel locks and keys.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2020, 08:49:16 AM »
The reset keys are easy to find.  Post a WTB here, or search for jackpot reset key on ebay, they are the number 2341.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Billsfanmd

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2020, 09:12:22 AM »
I def will contribute...ok good news after some test button resets and turning key  like in some videos my slot is now playing :)
I have 2 last issues:

1) I am getting abuzz at the coin comparitor. I read a few fixes but not sure I understand. I cant see whats buzzing but guess it must be a coil.2) I accidentally hit cash out. I have a lot of quarters in there....IT dumps about 20 out then stops. There are still like 50 coins in the hopper when it stops. I open and close door refill then it dumps 20 more. Hopper is still pretty full and it stops. I have done this like 10 times and it will not stop. I cant play now until I fix. Is there a reset?
Almost there!

Offline Billsfanmd

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2020, 09:53:52 AM »
ok update: 3300 message is gone and game playing as it should....I just have the noisy comparitor. Its hard to troubleshoot when you cant see the issue....
Is thought I read its a rake coil? can I bypass this since I am in home use?  I cant even see how to remove the comparitor to swap with the one in my good machine. Is there a video?

Offline Billsfanmd

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2020, 03:24:38 PM »
ok more updates; These things are frustrating :)  any help with the following. Again I have good working one and one I am bringing back from the dead.
Quarter dispenser madness....on almost any win on good machine I was getting tons of coins, 3300 message, I would open close reload more coins forever on even small payouts. Swap out a diff quarter dispenser and it immediately pays off the correct coins and back for play. Does the quarter dispenser control coin output?
2) putting the dead machine back together I am using the board I just added the battery too....61-1 error message. I have tried everything I can find on line it always goes back to 61, I press the test button it goes to 61 1 and I cant get it past it....When I close door it just never lets me play. I know everything else on thismachone should be good cause plays great with a known good board.
Hope this is not too confusing..BUt I can test anything needed if I know what to look for

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2020, 03:49:36 PM »
ok update: 3300 message is gone and game playing as it should....I just have the noisy comparitor. Its hard to troubleshoot when you cant see the issue....
Is thought I read its a rake coil? can I bypass this since I am in home use?  I cant even see how to remove the comparitor to swap with the one in my good machine. Is there a video?
The buzzing comparator is caused by a weak capacitor inside it. That capacitor needs to be replaced with a fresh one and the buzzing will go away.
To remove the comparator unplug the white connector on the left side by pulling the connector not it's wires then use both hands, one on the left, other on the right
of the comparator and tug the comparator out of it's plastic mounts.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2020, 12:25:42 AM »
Quarter dispenser madness....on almost any win on good machine I was getting tons of coins, 3300 message, I would open close reload more coins forever on even small payouts. Swap out a diff quarter dispenser and it immediately pays off the correct coins and back for play. Does the quarter dispenser control coin output?

The "quarter dispenser" is called a hopper.  When the machine is trying to pay out, power is applied to the hopper motor and the hopper wheel turns and attempts to dispense coins.  As a coin passes through the hopper coin-out optics, the machine detects that a coin has been paid to the player.  Once all of the required coins have been paid, the machine turns off the power to the hopper motor and the hopper stops.

Without seeing your machine it's tough to tell exactly why your problem hopper isn't dispensing coins reliably, and the machine eventually displays a 3300 error ("hopper empty") because it detects that no coins have been dispensed by the hopper in a certain number of seconds.  There are a few possibilities:

- You don't have enough coins in the hopper.  If you only have a handful of coins in there, it may not dispense the last few coins.  You don't need thousands, but a good idea to at least have 100 coins in there.

- The agitator is broken or worn down.  There is a star agitator on the middle of the hopper wheel that helps to move the coins around if you have a lot of them in the hopper.  If there are a LOT of coins in the hopper and there's no agitator, they'll eventually jam in place until the hopper or coins are given a good shake.

- The knife is worn down or misaligned.  There is a plastic "knife" that assists in pulling the coins off the spinning hopper wheel to dispense them to the player.  If the knife is worn out or misaligned, it won't (or won't always) catch the coins and they won't make it out of the hopper.

- The wrong hopper wheel is installed.  For example, you may have a nickel hopper wheel but you're trying to run quarters in the machine.  Compare the wheel from the problem hopper to the wheel from the good hopper to see if they're identical.

putting the dead machine back together I am using the board I just added the battery too....61-1 error message. I have tried everything I can find on line it always goes back to 61, I press the test button it goes to 61 1 and I cant get it past it....When I close door it just never lets me play.

The correct method to clear a 61 error is found in this link -- please make sure you are following each step closely and in the correct order:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=21017.0
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Billsfanmd

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2020, 05:36:45 AM »
Thx. Got it all fixed

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2020, 09:09:28 AM »
Bill:
You have two threads on the same topic of "quarter dispenser madness."

Offline Billsfanmd

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2020, 09:32:52 AM »
Sorry. Newbie. Had a hard time seeing where to start thread.

The madness has been fixed :)

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2020, 11:24:10 PM »
The madness has been fixed :)

For the benefit of others who may see this thread in the future, what was the resolution to your issue?

Offline Billsfanmd

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2020, 04:50:44 AM »
I took apart the opto assembly. Mine had the plastic cover which I guess covered or protected the optic path.  Anyway when taking it apart about a 1/2 “ piece of black insulation foam had wedged in the opto path. Once I removed it and put unit back on the hopper it works perfect. I left the extra cover off

Thx everyone!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal