New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WEIRD Bally poker V2000 problem..PLEASE HELP!  (Read 6567 times)

Offline mrcrazy

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • mrcrazy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WEIRD Bally poker V2000 problem..PLEASE HELP!
« on: March 07, 2014, 08:14:43 PM »
Well I have a bally v2000 poker machine (the 3 stack) & I got it with a battery error. Let me first say I have looked through this group looking for solutions, but no luck. I replaced the battery with new (it had VERY MINOR CORROSION which I cleaned & ohmed out the traces to be sure), I even bought a ram clear chip from foxshots, still no luck. Being a video game guy & seeing the similarities of the bally MCRII game boards (tron, rally-x, journey), I almost ALWAYS had problems with the crappy cables that connect the boards... I havent tried that yet, & before I DO & just wanted to see if anyone else has a solution as no matter what I do it boots up with the old BAD BATTERY error.

Its a cool quarter machine & I really want to get it going, please, any help is appreciated.

Greg
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 06:42:13 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Merlin

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Merlin New User has no influence.
Re: WEIRD Bally poker V2000 problem..PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 12:42:56 AM »
Well I have a bally v2000 poker machine (the 3 stack) & I got it with a battery error. Let me first say I have looked through this group looking for solutions, but no luck. I replaced the battery with new (it had VERY MINOR CORROSION which I cleaned & ohmed out the traces to be sure), I even bought a ram clear chip from foxshots, still no luck. Being a video game guy & seeing the similarities of the bally MCRII game boards (tron, rally-x, journey), I almost ALWAYS had problems with the crappy cables that connect the boards... I havent tried that yet, & before I DO & just wanted to see if anyone else has a solution as no matter what I do it boots up with the old BAD BATTERY error.

Its a cool quarter machine & I really want to get it going, please, any help is appreciated.

Greg

Please forgive me for asking the obvious - but did you check the new battery's voltage with a voltmeter?

Offline mrcrazy

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 09:13:25 AM »
yep, & im getting the 3.8 volts everywhere....so I dont think its a broken trace...even swapped all the ribbon cables to different spots....same thing.. BAD BATTERY on bootup every time....

Im starting to think maybe the 6264 ram is bad? I THINK thats the chip the battery is supposed to keep the memory for....

Greg

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 10:10:15 PM »
Is the polarity correct? If polarity is correct then you may have a bad trace near the battery or some traces have been soldered together accidently. Shorted together.

If you don't get find the problem Ka-Lar Larry Weber fixes these 3 card stacks for around $125

Offline mrcrazy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 04:42:29 AM »
yeah its correct, plus I have traced the voltages with my meter with the board in my lap...im getting 3.8 volts to all the chips I SHOULD be (I think, dont have schematics) so its not a trace or bad solder.....

very strange... how do I reach this guy? I think I may send them out...

Greg

Offline mrcrazy

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 04:55:14 AM »
I looked at the members list on here & on newlifegames.net... cant find Ka-Lar Larry Weber.....

Greg

Offline mrcrazy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 05:57:17 AM »
Forget it, I found his site & sent him an email...

thanks,

Greg

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 09:11:36 AM »
Forget it, I found his site & sent him an email...

thanks,

Greg
You should call them instead of emailing. I've found they don't answer the emails very fast.. The phone number is,
702-363-9998. They are on pacific time.. Tell him NLG sent you..
Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline ricker

• Reputation Power: 14
  • ricker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 07:02:47 PM »
Ok, I'll chime in.
Different hoppers used on V2000. Does yours' have hopper control board right behind the hopper handle you use to remove hopper?
Richard

Offline mrcrazy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 07:32:20 PM »
Thanks!! yes!! It DOES & it has the two push button on top of the board... left is reset (works) the other is to clear errors & read but it does nothing for me.... seems to lock up at the bad battery message..... OH & I can get the hopper to do ANYTHING & it all looks good upon removal & inspection.

Greg

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 08:06:52 PM »
Larry is a good guy. Give him a call and tell him your problem. They might have something you can try to clear the error. It is worth a try.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 10:25:47 AM »
I have a board that is having the same "Bad Battery" error. It had a Lithium soldered in it and the error popped up.

I changed it to the proper  NiCad and still same error. I think the charging circuit has been damaged by the incorrect battery type, Lithium.

I will have to send it to K-Lar and have it repaired

Offline GOS

• Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 11:46:42 AM »
K-Lar (larry and alan ) are the experts when it comes to v2000.

Offline mrcrazy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 02:49:35 PM »
Mine ended up being the jumpers were set wrong even though I had the manual & I THOUGHT they were set right!!! doh!!

Greg

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal