New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 10x Pay No Power - Help  (Read 4484 times)

Offline rvrtrpn2002

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rvrtrpn2002 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
10x Pay No Power - Help
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:42:02 AM »
Hello.

Brand new to the forum and first time slot owner. 
I purchased a 10x Pay IGT from a private owner.  The machine worked perfectly.  Hauled it home and plugged it in - nothing.  No lights, no power.  Played with the coin tray some and then it powered up - until I shut the unit - then it turned back off.  From a layman's perspective something is loose, but I'm not sure to begin. 
Could someone give me a starting point where this might be?  When I say no power - there are no lights or LED's lit in the machine anywhere. 
Thank you in advance!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: 10x Pay No Power - Help
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 09:54:01 AM »
I'd start with the basics and simple stuff. Check the power cord, make sure it is plugged in fully at its inside connector. You can follow it where it enters the machine on the inside and see where it goes. Also make sure the power cable is in good condition, doesn't have any cuts in the cord and that its plug that connects to your wall outlet hasn't been broken inside from being bent severely right behind the plug connector. Make sure the power cord connector plugs into the wall outlet tight, not an old sloppy outlet. When a machine's general lighting doesn't come on that often means the 115vac input is not making it into the machine.

For safety, with the power cord unplugged from the wall outlet you can check the power connections in and around the power supply inside the machine. Look for darkened or burned looking marks on the connectors. Transporting a machine and getting it setup at a new location sometimes jostles connectors that were developing a problem but still working at the old location.

If you can post a few pictures of your machine, especially showing the power supply or mpu boards that could be helpful.

Welcome to NLG!     
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:56:43 AM »
Welcome to NLG!
For starters, check where the power cord plugs into the power supply in the back of the lower cabinet. Be sure to turn off or unplug the machine before attempting anything inside that deals with power or electronics. While you're in there push on the various plugs you see to confirm good seating. Lots of stuff can rattle loose during transport

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 10:07:54 AM »
I agree with rokgpsman. Sounds like the power cord just came unplugged on the inside.  :yes:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline rvrtrpn2002

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 10:19:44 AM »
Thanks so much guys!
Last night I thought the plug might be bad, so I did switch that out with no avail, so it's not the wire/plug.  But taking the reels out and looking over the actual power supply sounds like the first step, I'll do that at lunch, take some pictures and report back!
Anything else you can think I should look at while I'm there?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 11:03:40 AM »
Even though the silver box on the back wall of the machine is the "power supply", ironically, the machine will still power up with a faulty power supply. The fact you have a completely blacked out machine REALLY points toward the power cord or the the wall outlet.

Offline rvrtrpn2002

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 11:12:00 AM »
That makes me think it is truly probably something simple.  Is there an LED or something that should be lit up when it's plugged in, regardless if the off/on switch is active?  Could I have blown a fuse somewhere?

Offline rvrtrpn2002

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 01:03:23 PM »
Well I figured it out.  The power supply behind the reels had shook loose and wasn't seated properly. 
So I've attached a picture of my board... could one of your tell me what I have here?  What is it set at?  Is there a way to increase/decrease percentages through the menu easily? 
Thanks again for your help

Mike

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 01:11:01 PM »
You're using a sb 001000 chip and 363 game chips to play an S+ game. and an S+ Reel chip. The reel chip contains the payout percentage for your game. To change percentage on this set up you'll have to change that chip. Since you have the first problem fixed you should start a new thread to address this issue. That way others with this question can benefit.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:35:50 PM by Shaggy »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 01:35:19 PM »
Well I figured it out.  The power supply behind the reels had shook loose and wasn't seated properly. 
Thanks again for your help

Mike
Do you know if the machine was transported laying down on its back or side, or was it standing up during the move to your place?  Just curious if that might be what caused the power supply to come loose.

Also, like Shaggy said, please re-ask your question about changing the game percentage by entering a whole new message. Good job on figuring out the power problem!
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rvrtrpn2002

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 01:49:55 PM »
I transported it on it's back.  But I'm guessing the vibration wiggled it lose.  Works great now. 

Shaggy,  I will post my question on the new topic per your request.  I'm curious what I have and how to figure out what pay percentage it's set on.  The lady I bought it from said she adjusted something in the menu to set it "looser"- is this not an S2000 machine?  It's a 10x pay IGT.

Thanks

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 01:58:30 PM »
Yes it's an S2000. I have one also that's a double diamond. It uses the same set up and I can't change the payout on it in the menu. I have to change reel chips. This set up allows you to play S+ games on an S2000. Mine won't allow me to the place to change payout percentage.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 02:02:35 PM »
I transported it on it's back.  But I'm guessing the vibration wiggled it lose.  Works great now. 

Shaggy,  I will post my question on the new topic per your request.  I'm curious what I have and how to figure out what pay percentage it's set on.  The lady I bought it from said she adjusted something in the menu to set it "looser"- is this not an S2000 machine?  It's a 10x pay IGT.

Thanks
I found this picture of a 10 Times Pay on a slot dealer website, they said it is an S2000 and they can configure it for a payback percentage of 85-98%. Don't know if that means thru a chip change or a menu option. Does your machine look like this one, if so then S2000 sounds right. I think one of the tell-tale ways to identify is the pair of speakers halfway down the side that stick out. I think what Shaggy was saying is that even though it is an S2000 machine you can run some of the older model S+ game software in the S2000 by changing a few chips or by adding another board. That may be what someone did on the machine you have.

10 Times Pay machines, S2000 and S+
[click on photo for larger image]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:13:36 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 02:09:27 PM »
Well that was a S2000 board in your picture, so you've got an S2000. How many coins? 2-3-5??? How many paylines. I'll see if I can find out what your chip is. Just by looking when they have the little speakers on the top sides it's an S2000.

rokgpsman you were way ahead of me.  :I_agree_1:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:26:23 PM by Shaggy »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 03:10:07 PM »
rokgpsman you were way ahead of me.  :I_agree_1:

Thanks - but not enough to be significant. Plus you have a similar machine (I don't), so your experience will help with the OP questions from this point on.  I wonder what the previous owner did in the menu system that made the machine "looser" for her?

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 03:15:21 PM »
May have been a bit of lip service from the other owner. I tried to get to the menu with mine when I first got it. Then found out I had an S+ game in it. If I can't figure out the chip I'll bet we can find someone on here who can!  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 04:42:24 PM »
Hmmm, something's not right here! I checked 2 of my SS lists, and my references show SS7903 to be an 85% chip for FIVE Times Pay, 5 line game...NOT a 10 Times Pay at all.

You said the game was working perfectly when you picked it up. I am guessing you played it, however, do you know if you hit anything? If you never hit a winning combo, it would not appear as though anything was wrong.

Anyway, easy enough fix. Just order the correct SB for 10 x Pay from one of the vendors on here and install it and set it to whatever percentage you want. The vendor will know the SB chip number you're looking for. Oh, and order a Clear and a Key chip set while your at it. Out of pocket will be about $30.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 04:49:23 PM »
Hmmm, something's not right here....my reference shows SS7903 to be an 85% chip for FIVE Times Pay, 5 line game...

Let me keep checking...
Is that reference for the 5 Times Pay game on an S+ machine?
This is an S2000 running S+ software.  :Scratch-Head:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:29:17 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 04:57:29 PM »
Doesn't he need an ss chip not a sb chip? I know it's been a tough day. Sorry
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:25:39 PM by Shaggy »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 09:47:34 PM »
The SS7903 he currently has in, running concurrently with the SB001000, is for a FIVE Times game...

Many (well,probably more like MOST) games originally designed for the S+ platform had an SB chip available specific for that game. Like Double Diamond, IGT's most popular game ever, has an SB. 10xPay is no different, it has an SB chip that was made for it. Keep in mind, not EVERY game for S+ was made for S2000....but the more popular games were.

Ten Times Pay® Slots SB100068 3-Reel, 1-line, 3 Credit
Ten Times Pay® Slots SB100069 3-Reel, 1-line, 2 credit

And yes, it's been a helluva day. I know personally, without a doubt, it's been the toughest day in my NLG history...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal