New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need Help Fixing: Bally v8000 GameMagic Door Open Battery Tilt  (Read 6761 times)

Offline mrSidX

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • mrSidX New User has no influence.
Hello guys,

I am new here and I do apologize ahead of time if this topic has been covered already, though I do not see a solution/informaion easily available.

I am trying to clear an error on the Bally v8000 GameMagic,  Tilt errors:  Door Open, Battery Tilt

I had recently acquired the machine from a local who gave it away, and I was able to clear a a few issues that she couldn't, but then I come across these final hurdles. I replaced a fresh battery, but would like to confirm whether it's ok with 1.5v or need 3.5?

The door optics are giving me a big issue, as after I got the machine, I did notice the optic sensor (not the door's ir) was broken from it's leads and I managed to order a new one.  I have no idea how it wires up, and I'm not too familiar with the components.
There is a signal though that is read from the doors ir, which was tested to get 20~v to the door sensor, and the one inside thats connected to the PC is giving a pulsy signal of around 5v

IDK I've tried all kinds of combinations, but I do know I havn't turned the side key after each trial.. Is anyone familar with fixing these issues?

I just hope I can find some viable feedback before I exhaust all my process of elimination!

Thank you anyone for your help!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Need Help Fixing: Bally v8000 GameMagic Door Open Battery Tilt
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 09:55:32 PM »
Others more experienced will comment but the battery on slot machines is usually 3.0v or larger, with 3.6v the most common type. What was the old battery voltage, it should be written on the side of it? If you are not certain you can post a picture of the board it came off of or a picture of the old battery.

*** Edit typo, battery voltage  ***
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:27:24 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 10:02:03 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply...

Come to think of it, I did happen to replace it with a 1.5v lithy.  I will have to get a new 3.5v and try that ... hopefully that clears the battery issue...

:D

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 10:05:21 PM »
Hold on, why not make sure what type of battery is actually needed? Do you still have the old one? If not give others here a chance to say for sure what voltage battery is needed. Unless it is real easy to change and you just want to get on with it.

PS> I typo'd my first comment, should have said 3.6v.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:26:36 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 10:09:24 PM »
There was no battery when I got the machine.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 10:12:37 PM »
I see, well I'm pretty sure it should be a 3.6v battery. See the example photo below, if the battery holder on your board looks like this it is a 3.6v. They are the same physical size as a AA battery. The batteries shown are a popular brand but several companies make them.

Is this the Bally model that uses a cd rom drive for software during game play?

PS> Welcome to NLG, here are a couple of NLG forum areas for similar machines, in case you didn't find them. Should be lots of info there:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=60.0

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=61.0
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:18:21 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 11:02:04 PM »
Here's a Bally Game Magic manual to maybe help you get familiar with the machine. It doesn't cover everything but might be useful.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:17:55 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 10:53:12 AM »
Rokgpsman is correct, the battery MUST be higher voltage, 3.0v or 3.6v (whichever you find). You will not be able to proceed with much until that battery is replaced. You may need to perform a Clear, but lets hope not. If the battery is low, you can get wacky errors and you will be chasing your tail. Once the battery is replaced, let us know what errors you are left with.

GameMagics were not widely produced, so you will not find a ton of info on them. They are very similar in many ways to a GameMaker or EVO, and i believe many of the cabinet parts (like the door optics) will be interchangeable. I would suggest cruising the GameMaker and EVO forum threads for info.

Oh and you can turn the key on the side, you won't hurt anything...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 12:42:37 PM »
Thank you guys for your quick replies,

I have a battery on the way via online ordering,

ironically, I was in Dynasty Games talking with I think one of the younger sales guys and was told you can pick up a battery at Walmart. Skeptical, I tried to find one, but of course there were no 3.6v batteries apart from the normal. I hould have known better before wasting my time at walmart.

Anyhow, once I get the battery put in, I will see what I can resolve and report back.

As far as the sensor wiring, I tried with little success to find another post that covers optical wiring.

The cabinets optic leads broke clean off from the wiring so I ordered anew.
I picked up another GE L14G3 INFARED EMITTING LED TO-46 NOS! GAAS and need to wire it back to the cabinet optical harness. There is a 1v-5v~ pulsing signal that is coming from the wires that are coming from the PC, these are the wires for the cabinet optical sensor, and I wish I knew the wiring for the Collector and Emitter, because I am sure you need the correct polarity...
Looks like I need to brush up on my understanding of phototransistors and optics   :Scratch-Head:

thanks guys

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 02:04:08 PM »
Do the door optics look like these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALLY-6000-DOOR-OPTICS-/160721919965

As for the battery, the tech wasn't entirely incorrect. The coin type batteries (2032 I think) can be found at some retail places, as they have other uses as well. I have never seen a 3.6v lithium barrel type battery in a retail store, but haven't looked really. If you have a Batteries Plus store near you, they would have them, and will even solder them on the board for you.

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 05:07:09 PM »
Awesome,

Thanks for the info, and somehow I didn't see your link till now.

The optics sensors are similar to these in the link:
(also attached as  jpg file)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-Slot-Machine-Door-Optics-Send-Receive-Electronic-Eyes/261850565052?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D30084%26meid%3D80fd84e15c8e402eb0cb54a9bd46e543%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D371293962352&rt=nc

These IGT ones with the brackets are almost identical looking... Although I don't know if they are identical sensors as my machine or not. The door sensor looks identical with the (insert technical name here) white plastic connector piece, which connects to the wiring from the door, which is getting high to low fluctuating voltage of 20v or so, which I assume is the signal for the other optic to read?
I need to brush up on my electronics ...

Anyways, I did order 2 new Xeno batteries, so it's just a matter of time before they come. There are some batteries plus store around town.. The board is fitted with a battery "nest" for easy swap, but just in case, I am more than capable of soldering if needed.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal