New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WILLIAMS JACKPOT PARTY TEST SWITCH ON CPU DOOR DOES NOT WORK  (Read 7635 times)

Offline IGT Games

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • IGT Games New User has no influence.
  • NLG

BIG BANG PIGGY BANKIN SLOT MACHINE FIXED. :thank_you: :cool_thumb_up:

Next problem In another WILLIAMS GAME JACKPOT PARTY . PLEASE HELP ,I AM LOST

Next problem, WILLIAMS 5 LINE problem on JACKPOT PARTY because test button on CPU door doesn't work. When I turn on the game it dosn't say on the readout door open and I can't use the button on the CPU door because it does nothing. It is stuck at the factory settings due to this problem. Ican even play the game with the door opened. On bootup sometimes I see in the display LOGIC POFF hen it clears and the machine is ready to play. I need to use the button to set the volume limits etc. Please help me with this problem. I checked the switches for continuity and they check ok. What else could be the problem? OTHERWISE THE GAME PLAYS GREAT .

If you need pictures just let me know
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:51:21 AM by IGT Games »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Looking to part out a WILLIAMS BIG BANG PIGGY BANKIN
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 11:42:08 AM »
The lower power supply problem can be fixed for fairly low cost, there's a few different ways to do it, all documented here on NLG. There are rebuilt complete lower power supply boxes for sale and new lower power supply boards available that you can use to repair your old one. Or a normal pc computer power supply can be wired in. Unless you just want to part it out it isn't that hard to get it working again.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?PHPSESSID=ac79c55df15e77806fe8bb0dfce5736f&topic=346.0

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=4404.0

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=90.0
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:35:22 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline IGT Games

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 04:18:16 PM »
rokgpsman I want to thank you for that fantastic fix. Done deal works again from the dead.. Sorry I guess I won't be parting this game out but I may sell it soon.
Thank You for your help.

:thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you: :applause: :applause: :applause: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 04:22:24 PM »
You are welcome, a lot of different people contributed to those repair discussions and they have been very helpful to many owners. Be sure to ask if you have other questions about it.

There is lots of other info and interesting discussions about this machine and similar models to it in this forum on NLG:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=86.0

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:25:24 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline IGT Games

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 08:10:52 PM »
Here is a picture after a repair and then a big win. Does anyone now know how to raise the credit limit higher then 500 and please explain.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 08:40:06 PM »
We probably need to move this over to the WMS Reel games forum and out of the classifieds.

500 coins is the default hopper setting, I sent you a PM about how to set the hopper limit higher, check your messages by clicking on "My Messages" at the top of your screen. Let us know if you can't get it set the way you want to.

Here is a short explanation on how to do it:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=4124.msg23395#msg23395

What is your location in case someone is interested in buying your machine? (shipping can sometimes kill a potential deal due to long distances)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:51:44 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Bad lower power supply on a WILLIAMS BIG BANG PIGGY BANKIN
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 09:30:54 PM »
Topic moved and adjusted to reflect a repair request topic versus sale request

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 09:41:08 PM »
Topic moved and adjusted to reflect a repair request topic versus sale request

Thanks cowboygames!

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 10:16:34 PM »
Welcome, that's what we're here for
To Protect and Serve

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 10:34:05 PM »

:cool_thumb_up:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:56:55 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
Re: WILLIAMS JACKPOT PARTY TEST SWITCH ON CPU DOOR DOES NOT WORK
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 11:45:08 PM »

BIG BANG PIGGY BANKIN SLOT MACHINE FIXED. :thank_you: :cool_thumb_up:

Next problem In another WILLIAMS GAME JACKPOT PARTY . PLEASE HELP ,I AM LOST

Next problem, WILLIAMS 5 LINE problem on JACKPOT PARTY because test button on CPU door doesn't work. When I turn on the game it dosn't say on the readout door open and I can't use the button on the CPU door because it does nothing. It is stuck at the factory settings due to this problem. Ican even play the game with the door opened. On bootup sometimes I see in the display LOGIC POFF hen it clears and the machine is ready to play. I need to use the button to set the volume limits etc. Please help me with this problem. I checked the switches for continuity and they check ok. What else could be the problem? OTHERWISE THE GAME PLAYS GREAT .

If you need pictures just let me know

As soon as you open the door with the machine powered on it should show the message "door open" on the front digital display. If this doesn't happen and you can play the game with the door open that makes me think the door open signal isn't getting to the cpu board. There is a large white door switch on the right side of the cabinet that has a plunger that pops outward when the door opens. There are two wires connected to this switch. Below is a photo of the door switch, notice that the wires are connected to the bottom two terminals on the switch. On your machine the wires might be connected to the top 2 terminals and this is also ok, the switch is made with a duplicate set of terminals. The important point is that the wires go to either the very bottom or very top 2 terminals.

Compare your door switch to this photo and look for any differences. Press on your door switch plunger and make sure it is springy, moves in when you press and then pops back out when you release it.

If you look at the wires going to the white door switch you'll see that one of them is black with a gray stripe. That wire is permanently connected to ground. The other wire on the switch is the door signal wire. When the door is open the switch plunger pops outward and the 2 switch terminals being used by the wires are connected together inside the switch, which connects the door signal wire to ground. When the door is closed the door signal wire is disconnected from ground. This is what tells the cpu board the door is open or closed.

Since your machine doesn't detect that the door is open this means the problem is likely the door signal wire is never getting connected to ground. With your continuity meter you can check this. If you find that the door signal wire never gets connected to ground then you'll need to check that the wires are properly connected to the correct door switch terminals and that the door switch terminals do make contact and break contact as the switch plunger is worked in & out. Make sure the black wire with gray stripe is connected to a continuous ground connection with your meter. The door signal wire needs to be connected to the backplane board, you can check its connector and make sure it hasn't come loose or the wire isn't pulled out of the connector.

Your door switch could be bad, one of the wires could be cut or disconnected somewhere, or at worst one of the circuit boards may have a problem. If the machine doesn't know that the door is open it won't allow you to enter diagnostics/settings by pressing the pushbutton switch on the front of the card cage (the diagnostics or test button). You won't be able to use the diagnostic/test button to change settings or anything else until you fix the door open problem.

If the door switch and wiring are ok then the problem could be the backplane board, I/O board or cpu board. You will need to swap them one at a time to determine which is bad.

Report what you find and we can go from there.

Also, if you post a picture of your machine with the door open, particularly showing the door switch and its wires and the backplane board maybe we will see something that is the problem.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:12:04 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 01:14:06 AM »
To the original poster ("IGT Games"):

Nice looking game you have there!

To keep everyone on the same page, instead of editing your original post as you have new questions about your machine, please post your new questions as a reply to this thread, or create a new thread with new questions about your machine.  If you edit your original post (and remove questions that had previously been there), the thread will be very confusing to those just starting to look at it, since the first replies posted by others won't be about the new questions you've asked in the post.

Thanks, and welcome to New Life Games!
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline IGT Games

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 09:50:40 AM »
I will try everything stated in the post and I will send pictures and check continuity of the wires later today.
Thank You :thank_you:

Offline IGT Games

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 10:56:14 AM »
Well after you told me to check the ground to the switch there was no ground and that fixed the problem. Iwant to say thank you MIKE for all your help. You were on the money with your direction you gave me. I can't thank you enough.
 :thank_you: :agreepost: :I_agree_1: :me_too: :1: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :CaptainHappy: :hail: :hail: :hail: :applause: :applause:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 07:01:39 PM »
Good the hear you got it working and happy that it wasn't anything serious like a circuit board.

Enjoy the machines, they are popular models and lots of fun.

Offline IGT Games

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 08:44:03 PM »
Thank You  :cool_thumb_up:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal