New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Black Gold S9000  (Read 6662 times)

Offline Minabluemerle

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Minabluemerle New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Black Gold S9000
« on: May 17, 2016, 09:46:23 AM »
This is my first visit to the site.  A lot of good info indeed.   I hope I am posting in correct forum as I am trying to help a friend who owns this particular machine.  The problem is when powered on, after giving time to boot, the touchscreen show "no input signal" message.   I was informed that the backup batteries have been replaced.  I checked connections and the boards for obvious trouble signs and saw none.   I did not try anything else because of my unfamiliarity with it.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance, Joe  and apologies if I posted in wrong area.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bally Black Gold S9000
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 10:56:33 AM »
Do you see anything during the boot process, like some text going by as the machine boots, or is the screen always dark with nothing displayed other than the no input signal message?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Minabluemerle

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 11:24:34 AM »
Thanks for the reply,  screen stays dark til the message "no input signal".   No odd noises(pops) that I could tell. 

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 11:58:46 AM »
Can you tell us if the machine was working and then gave the message or did he just get the machine?

Offline Minabluemerle

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 12:14:24 PM »
This is what I got,  machine was working, some sort of message about battery needing replaced(I not know exact message, so please bear with me).  He had someone come to change batteries, then the message.   It seems to me that when batts were changed, maybe machine "forgot" what to do and needs reset.  I not have any kind of schematic to go by either.  Thanks  Joe

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 01:42:33 PM »
Can you post a picture of how everything is connected to the MPU (brainbox)?  I have a feeling the vga cable was not connected right or is loose, since the game was working before.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Minabluemerle

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »
I will contact owner for those pics.  I did go through and check the cables, unplugging and plugging back it, making sure pins were good in the cables.  I even tried a new vga cable from the mpu to the box on top.   I did not take off the back of the led/lcd screen(excuse my ignorance for not knowing which) where I did notice the plug was a little loose.   I was leaning toward the problem being there(at the plug). I was not really comfortable taking that apart without messing something up or unintentionally shorting something out(it is unplugged when I checked cables). Is there a schematic or diagram that shows how to take it apart? Or some instructions?   I just trying to be careful.  I will get the pics.   Thanks,  Joe

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 03:45:05 PM »
Are you plugging into a video card or to the built in VGA port? Also, check and make sure that the VGA cord from the MPU is plugged into the bottom of the top box and then from the top box to the monitor. It is not one cord. Also try running a cable directly to the mPU to the monitor itself. See if you get a signal.
-------
Charles

Offline Minabluemerle

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 04:12:53 PM »
I did try from mpu to bottom of top and from top to monitor.   The more I think on it, the connection to the back of monitor part is a little loose, can I use a different monitor to test that it putting the signal out from the mpu?  Thanks again   

Offline rwalker192

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 04:19:04 PM »
Are you getting a buzzing noise from the cpu? I've had two that after replacing the battery the board would buzz and I had to feed to monitor. If it is buzzing try switching the atx switch to the left then back to the right and see if it comes to life.

Offline Minabluemerle

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 04:27:42 PM »
That was one of the first things i listened for when turning on, any pops, buzzes, screen flashes,  nothing out of the ordinary to me.   I gonna try bringing a different monitor and try a direct connect to mpu to see maybe if something in between has gone bad.  Myself, it takes a while to think through the processes, but the added help has sped things up.  Will know more on thurs.  Will post some pics as soon as I get.  Again, much thanks for the tips,  Joe

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 05:53:00 PM »
I don't have a machine in front of me, but isn't the touch screen like a VGA cable?
could the touch screen & the monitor be connected to the wrong outputs?
Just a thought.
Good luck.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 06:24:35 PM »
The touchscreen is a DB9 male, and the vga is DBH15 Female, so the cable wouldn't fit.  I would try connecting a regular pc vga monitor to the mpu to see if you get an image.  If you don't, then we know it is the mpu that is causing the problem, or, the mpu has a video card, and the cable is being connected to the inactive vga plug on the mpu, although based on the game type being used, it is unlikely to have a vga card installed.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 07:22:13 PM »
Yup, that makes sense. Just didn't have one to look at right at the moment :Tongue_Out:
The touchscreen is a DB9 male, and the vga is DBH15 Female, so the cable wouldn't fit.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 07:48:55 PM »
For what its worth I have had that same error twice recently. Both times it was the mpu. May be a part on the mpu but I just got another and that took care of the problem.

Offline Minabluemerle

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 08:11:08 AM »
I tried using a different monitor with the vga cable from the mpu.  Nothing shows.   I will try to load pics, having trouble with my memory card.   Thanks  Joe

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 10:17:06 AM »
To be absolutely sure, test the vga cable as well, I have had that happen too.  If it works, then I vote power supply in the MPU.  For kicks, can you connect a laptop to the touchscreen lcd and see if you get an image from the laptop.  This will verify functionality on the cabinet's LCD monitor, and then you really know it is MPU related.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal