New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha Elite S9000 V32 (I Think?)  (Read 8129 times)

Offline white2262

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • white2262 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Alpha Elite S9000 V32 (I Think?)
« on: August 06, 2015, 08:44:39 PM »
Ok, I have a Bally JACKPOT 7's, I "believe" it is an Alpha S9000 Elite V32. I woke a few weeks ago to a loup "POP"
and found the Bally's screen blank. I found several blown caps on the board behind the screen. I contacted the guy
I bought the machine from & he picked up the board & had his "board guy" rebuild it. Got it in the mail today and
installed it. Still no screen & same exact symptoms. The top lights, white & blue below it, are both flashing, and the
machine will not come to ready. Any Ideas what to look for now? I will include a pic of machine for identification.

Offline EastCoastSlots

• EastCoastSlots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • East Coast Slots
Re: Bally Alpha Elite S9000 V32 (I Think?)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 09:47:41 PM »
Well it's not a v32.  The v32 are just a single 32 inch lcd and they're a lot newer.  I think they call these S9000 Towers although I'm also not 100% sure lol.  Without knowing anything else about it, it looks like the monitor is still just bad.  When you first turn on the game do you get any kind of no signal message or anything at all on that screen?
High Quality Refurbished Slot Machines
http://www.eastcoastslotsales.com
Over 5000 in stock

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 10:08:58 PM »
S9000 Elite stepper with Digital Tower is the official Bally name I believe.

Connect a regular PC LCD monitor to the vga output that is being used for the top screen and see if some text fires up.  If nothing comes up, then I would start by checking out all 3 power supplies.  24 V, 5/12volt and the one in the mpu box.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 10:48:52 PM »
No text on screen, No glow like the screen is even trying to light up. All the other lights light up.
The reels spin up, money credits, show up, panel buttons light up, BUT NO SCREEN...  :Scratch-Head:
I am a total newbie to ALL of this.

Offline EastCoastSlots

• NLG
    • East Coast Slots
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 10:54:10 PM »
Check the power input on the LCD and make sure you're getting voltage to it.  I'm sure you are but check that first. Sounds to me like 1 of 2 things happened to the LCD. Either your inverter board is out (the board that sends power to the cfl bulbs in the panel) or the panel itself is shorted. Either way you need to get back with whoever you got it from and get it repaired or replaced.
Over 5000 in stock

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 11:03:21 PM »
OK Thanks, I have a call in, waiting for a callback.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 09:57:05 AM »
If the machine plays correctly, just without the top screen working, then it is definitely something either with the power supply board on the LCD or the inverter.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 10:09:51 AM »
No machine will not play at all. It gets finished with boot up & the panel buttons go out
and the toper lights flash, bothe the white and the blue & the reel lights flash constantly.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 10:36:49 AM »
I would hook up a standard computer monitor to the vga port on the mpu and boot it up to see if you can see the boot progression and where it is giving you an error, if it even boots at all.  You might have a bad power supply on the MPU or the MPU itself went bad.  You could also pull the mpu out of the cage and put it on a table to hook up power and a vga monitor to see if anything shows up on screen.  It will obviously error out, but at least you can tell if your mpu is working.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 12:58:48 PM »
Ok, Thanks. I un some checks,O still have a warranty on the machine & I spoke with him this morning. He is gonna come next week & pull the monitor &
run some checks. I may try to see if it's the monitor or power supply as you recommend, I am such a newbie, I really don't feel to comfortable, messing
with stuff, but I need to start learning....
Thanks for your advice.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 02:41:35 PM »
I've always believed part of what makes the hobby, is just messing around with the machines.  I for one, spend most times assembling and disassembling machines and mixing things around.  These things are basically computers with specialized keyboards.  Once you get into how they work, it gets easier to figure them out.  Don't be afraid of experimenting.

Offline EastCoastSlots

• NLG
    • East Coast Slots
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 02:58:28 PM »
Hey by the way there is a quick check for voltages right by the on/off switch. Look for the 3 green LEDs. From top to bottom it's 5v 12v and 24v. It doesn't mean for sure you're getting power to any 1 part but it is basically a check for your main cabinet power supplies.
Over 5000 in stock

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 03:45:32 PM »
All stated in this thread is quite true and point blank.  A loud POP means something blew up-got that and most likely a cap or the internals of the lcd.  You or whoever found blown caps in the pwr. supply for monitor.  Still nothing.  (as stated).  There are numerous types of monitors, some have internal pwr supplies,external, touch-screen,non-touch etc.  I am going from that this game worked when you got it and just stopped as you made a old post about this.  As stated in this thread it is quite easy to hook a lcd of any source up with door open and see if you are in splash screens etc.  The game will not work as it looks for correct firmware imbedded in the vied. card on the monitor but you would know it is for sure in your 32 inch what ever screen you have.  I would deff. chk. the lwr. pwr supplies the 2 on bottom as they have big caps and give off a big bang when they POP.  Some have fans intergrated on them, some dont.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal