New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS 550 Ram Clear issue  (Read 3462 times)

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
WMS 550 Ram Clear issue
« on: February 13, 2014, 10:37:46 PM »
I have a couple   WMS  video cpu boards that  have the  "piggy back"  add ons to the PCBA slot  cpu.   The boards were pulled from working  WMS  550's.   I am  changing  the  games....(using the same number of eproms... XU2,3 17, 18, 30, 31  all  8 megs)   in the initial  Ram Clear  I get  a  "squeal"  and  2 bongs.     Clear screen /  pick the denom  shows up... but no  "click" sound when picking  denom etc...   Pull out the Ram Clear chip.... put in the  XU2....  Restart  gives me,  again,   2 bongs...   I can  go to configure...set that up... and  will go into game.... However...    I'm getting only partial sounds and  the  "game play"   is  slow and has  delayed and erratic  action and erratic sound.   Re-checked  eproms / checksum...   all  OK.  I have also tried to put the original  game eproms back in the machine and it cleared properly...   I came across  another  WMS  that had the "piggy back"  boards  4 months ago...and could change out the games with no problems...  I'm also not having any problem  changing games  with the 1.5+  CPU's.

Any ideas ? ?    Thanks. cp

Â« Reply #1 on: 01-06-2010, 18:03:05 »
Check your jumper by the sound chips, position JP3.   I'm thinking your old game sound chips may have been 4 megs.  There are a few game titles for the 550 that do have 4 meg sound chips
Pokernut
 Â« Reply #6 on: 01-06-2010, 20:23:26 »
According to WMS manual- 2 startup bongs= Bad XU-30 on CPU board. Remedy= Replace with good XU-30, Clear Ram and retest game. Also verify sound jumpers for correct eprom size.

Dan (tacman)
« Reply #7 on: 02-06-2010, 02:24:18 »
Chris, look underneath the Video Adapter (where the monitor cable plugs in) there are either 2 or 4 surface mount ram chips on that board, if 2 that is your problem, if 4 then forget what I said, you can see it without removing, older games like Mon 2 Burn and Who Dunnit don't need much, but the newer games won't work, I see everybody selling any WMS board they can dig out now, but many won't work, they were Poker or early Slot games, I can take some pics and show you if you need me to.
blueridgeslots

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal