New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Gold fish top monitor  (Read 12808 times)

Offline arnold

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • arnold New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Gold fish top monitor
« on: February 22, 2016, 03:31:13 PM »
I just installed gold fish software after a ram clear.  I got no video on top monitor and got a lost communication to top box.  I replaced board on top box and now have video.  I can see big win activity on top screen, but other than that the fish just stay frozen on top screen.  Is this normal or is there supposed to be activity on top monitor while playing, or on bonus play?  Also, when buy fish button is pressed, the game freezes and makes me reboot machine. 

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 11:27:34 AM by Ron (r273) »

Online Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: Gold fish top monitor
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 07:13:05 PM »
Was your machine working before you installed GF?
What board did you replace in the top box?
normally the fish swim around up top while the game is on.

Offline arnold

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 10:10:57 PM »
I got the machine without CPU, motherboard, and software.  After install and clear, I replaced top board that has CF from another machine to restore lost communication error.  I used the CF I bought for top box.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 09:58:55 AM »
Do you have an original WMS card in the top?  Sometimes you get weird behavior if the NANDS in the cf card are too slow.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline arnold

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 01:40:03 PM »
I used the one I bought then tried the one that was originally in top box.  Could there be a compatibility issue with top box rom chip.  I just moved top box CF board from another machine.  Is  the top box CF board called a tse that I've been reading about on nlg.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 02:13:56 PM »
Yes, that is the tsetse.  Check the Rom BIOS Chip from the one you removed.  I would have to look a the one I have to see if there's more than one version of the BIOS.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Online Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 02:32:42 PM »
Here is a pic of mine.

Offline arnold

• NLG
extra play button
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 05:28:48 PM »
When I press extra play button on gold fish game, I get a machine fault,  assert_fail condition.  Is there a fix for this condition or has anyone seen this error.  Machine has to be restarted after extra button is pressed. Thanks

Offline arnold

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 05:34:19 PM »
Yes,  that is what I have.  I did find out the original tsetse memory card was defective.  Are there any options at all for the top box in the setup menu?

Online Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 05:52:17 PM »
I have not seen any options for the topbox in any setup menu.
I'm pretty sure it either works or it doesn't. 
Yes,  that is what I have.  I did find out the original tsetse memory card was defective.  Are there any options at all for the top box in the setup menu?

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 07:16:40 AM »
Did you check the battery?
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline arnold

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 02:24:16 AM »
I replaced the battery.  No change

Online Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: extra play button
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2016, 04:31:09 PM »
Just a thought, Have you checked your connections to the Gold Fish button? correct power, etc.
When I press extra play button on gold fish game, I get a machine fault,  assert_fail condition.  Is there a fix for this condition or has anyone seen this error.  Machine has to be restarted after extra button is pressed. Thanks

Offline arnold

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2016, 02:03:26 PM »
Yes,  I get same thing on another machine.  I got pic trying to load.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 04:29:25 PM »
Have you resolved this issue with the spin button?
I just installed GF and I'm experiencing the same problem. I also notice I get the call attendant lock-up if I hit max bet on the monitor.
Like you I have to re-boot. I'm thinking it may have to do with where the max bet button gets plugged into the backplane. I'm using J3 the SPN connection and power from J22 Aux Power. I'm plugged into these ports without going through any hub.
Can someone post pictures or confirm settings.

Thanks...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 05:12:17 PM by Neonkiss »

Offline arnold

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 05:48:00 PM »
I was told its probably animator board (extra bet button board).  Im going to buy one but want to try a mermaids gold on the machine to see if it does same thing.  I got the same error on two different machines with same cpu/mpu, backboard, software combo.  wonder what animator boards are going for.  I will post again after I try the mermaids gold cpu/mpu, backboard, software combo I ordered.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 05:58:22 PM »
Thanks,
The other thing I noticed is that the button rows are backwards. Lines played is Credits, Credits are Lines Played  :Scratch-Head:

Online Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 07:29:45 PM »
If it helps, I am using J3 for the spn button, and J16 for the power.
I am not using a hub either as I set this up myself.

Online Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG

Offline buzzarama

• Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 05:41:04 PM »
Thanks,
The other thing I noticed is that the button rows are backwards. Lines played is Credits, Credits are Lines Played  :Scratch-Head:

Are the buttons mapped correctly in the I/O test? Also, I have another animator board I will send you to make sure that isn't the issue.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal