New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Gold fish top monitor  (Read 12807 times)

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Gold fish top monitor
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 05:53:28 PM »
No mapping is off,
Lines played buttons read as Hold Switch and Credit Buttons read as Line Switch
Then on the next page, Hold 4 Lamp illuminates buttons 4 and lines 3 lamp. Also Lines 4 lamp illuminates the Service button and bet 4 button.

I have a call into Paul at Spin where I purchased the button panel to see if he has run across this before. Just wondering if the connectors could have been re-pinned wrong or for another application. I don't believe the issue is with the animator board at this time.

For troubleshooting info here is the setup I'm using
NXT1 CPU
Clear is done with a 1810
O/S is SSOS-000-1490
Game is S569-000-1030
Jurisdiction is Minnesota
Have top box installed with correct flash card, but no monitor hooked up at this time.
Also, I have re-cleared and setup the machine again tonight, but same issue.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:25:28 PM by Neonkiss »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 07:36:25 PM »
Just for kicks, hook up a vga monitor to the tsetse board to see if it fixes your issue.  I've never run goldfish without a top monitor plugged in.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 05:43:38 PM »
So here is today's progress, if you want to call it that....
Got my monitor in the mail today and hooked it up to the tsetse board. Re-booted the machine and got the same problems, I wasn't surprised, but worth a try.
I then un-plugged the EBB button deck from Spin and plugged in my old one, leaving the connections to the extra spin button and controller. Checked the mapping and lines read as lines / credits read as credits. However I still have the issue where Hold 4 Lamp illuminates buttons 4 and lines 3 lamp. And Lines 4 lamp illuminates the Service button and bet 4 button. Not sure what that is all about??? but it's not correct, thinking now it may be with the backplane???

Next I got the thinking, (this is usually dangerous but I have been off the  :martini: )  is there suppose to be a wiring harness to the 4 pin connector on the EBB control board? I'm speaking of this one, the 2 X 2 connector shown below. It looks like it's marked J4

BTW the images in my top monitor are also frozen, as Arnold indicated in the beginning of this post.  :duh:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:33:12 PM by Neonkiss »

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2016, 06:28:34 PM »
I do not have anything plugged in to that connector.
they work just fine.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 06:30:30 PM »
Copy

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2016, 06:31:41 PM »
Thanks, Now I know that's not an issue.
Keep the ideas coming.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 07:23:33 PM »
Are the weird lighting issues the same on both button panels, if so, it could be the harness that goes from the door to the backplane.  Does it do this with regular games that don't require the spn hardware?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2016, 08:27:59 PM »
Are the weird lighting issues the same on both button panels, if so, it could be the harness that goes from the door to the backplane.  Does it do this with regular games that don't require the spn hardware?
No that's the head scratcher  :Scratch-Head:
Worked fine with non-spn games before. New button panel with EBB is backwards where top row is bet and bottom row is lines played.
But with a game that requires the EBB then both button panels light two buttons at one time in diagnosis mode.

I'm about ready to pull it all out of this machine and try it in a second machine to see if it replicates the same issues in the other machine.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2016, 08:35:29 PM »
Does the EBB panel work correctly in a non spn game?

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 06:02:49 PM »
More progress today, and I'm happy to say this time it is progress.
I pulled both button decks, the original and the new EBB deck from SPIN and compared the wire harness. Turns out someone had removed the wire harness from the EBB deck and installed it backwards. For future reference the connectors to the buttons are marked P-3 to P-14. Odd numbers supply the Service lamp and Lines Played, where even numbers supply the Cash Out and Credits.

Now that, that issue was corrected, I still have the frozen fish in the top monitor and a press of the EBB causes the machine to lock-up.
I removed the EBB deck, controller, monitor, testes board, and programs from the machine and installed everything in a spare machine in the garage. Cleared and set-up the machine and all plays well on that machine.

So now my issue with the original machine should be in the CPU or the backplane. I'm leaning towards the backplane, since that's where the EBB control board send its signal to. Looks like I'm going to be in the market for a backplane and I don't like the sound of that.
 :Slap: :facepalm: :muted: :censored: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Funny how I have had this machine for over a year and it plays great with non-EBB titles and I only found this issue after trying to convert the machine.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 06:21:06 PM »
Its good to hear you are getting this all sorted out!
That is strange about that button panel  :Tongue_Out:
Have you tried your cpu in the working machine yet?

Offline arnold

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • arnold New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 06:37:34 PM »
I got my mermaids gold today (cpu, backplane, and software)and will try on machine to see if it works.  I already ordered two animator boards from spin for ebb button, but if mermaids gold works it will pin point it to cpu or backplane.  Then I can try cpu on new backplane as mentioned above.  Or I can try software on new cpu to see if that works.   

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 06:42:38 PM »
Neon, move the backplane from the working machine to the other one to verifiy it is a backplane issue.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2016, 07:28:39 PM »
Neon, move the backplane from the working machine to the other one to verifiy it is a backplane issue.
That's one way, but I like Jimise idea better as it's easier to swap CPU's and see what happens.
I feel pretty confident it's the SPN port, so a quick CPU swap and set-up should verify.

I'll let everyone know..  :Eating_Popcorn:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:23:46 AM by Neonkiss »

Offline arnold

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 11:03:52 PM »
Installed mermaids gold in one machine everything works.  Swapped cpus trouble followed and mermaids gold worked on the machine gold fish was on.  I may try swapping software see if trouble follows.  Unless someone has a better idea to pin point trouble.

Offline arnold

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 11:50:51 PM »
I swapped software and don't know why but they are both working now.  The only thing I see that would be different is jurisdiction on mine.  My jurisdiction is Minnesota like neons and florida on my mermaids.  I will look closer to see if I see any other differences in cpu's. 

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2016, 04:53:00 AM »
Good work Arnold. Now you have two working machines.
May have been when you swapped the CPU, it got re-seated with a better connection.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2016, 06:46:54 AM »
Had a bit of a personal setback, so I was off this project for a few days.
Swapped CPU's, and to my surprise the issue followed the CPU. Turns out my newer 700 Mhz CPU has the problem and the 650 Mhz plays fine on both machines.
Again, this issue only appears when using software that requires the EBB and play fine on all other BB1 format games.

Rather than spend the money in purchasing a new CPU I may seek a repair of this one or a trade + $$$ for someone who does not wish to ever do a duel conversion to their BB1
I now need a 12" topbox to complete the project. I had a line on one posted here on NLG from Terry Battelle but I believe he is experiencing health issue at this time. I hope he's okay and getting better. If anyone is near him in Henderson, NV they should check in on him to see if he's doing better. We need to look out for each other when needed.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2016, 07:09:00 AM »
For kicks did you try swapping the SJUR chip?

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2016, 09:52:03 AM »
Well this post explains some things.
I was supposed to meet up with Terry in Searchlight last month to pick up some parts and had not heard back from him. Ill have to see if I can get ahold of him again.  Hope he is doing better!
Thanks for the info on Terry.

I now need a 12" topbox to complete the project. I had a line on one posted here on NLG from Terry Battelle but I believe he is experiencing health issue at this time. I hope he's okay and getting better. If anyone is near him in Henderson, NV they should check in on him to see if he's doing better. We need to look out for each other when needed.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal