New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Where do I start?  (Read 11088 times)

Offline ucanwin

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • ucanwin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Where do I start?
« on: March 19, 2016, 08:05:13 AM »
I recently picked up this Bally "Grand Old Flag" electro mechanical slot machine. It is not in working condition. It lights up, will accept one coin only, but handle will not release. If I manually allow the handle to pull, it cycles but the hopper will run continuously, even when the cycle is over. The ID plate is missing so I do not know the correct model number. Can anyone identify the model number so I can possibly find schematics for this machine? Thanks in advance, for any help with my new problem child, ha!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 128
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Where do I start?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 06:41:48 PM »
From the exterior photo the machine appears to be a model E1090. First built in 1980.
The interior probably has electronic circuit boards, if so, there is another form on the NLG site specifically for these types of machines. Nice looking machine, good luck.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 07:30:56 PM »
I am betting it started life as an EM 1090 not A E1090  if you would please open the door and take a picture just like that with the door open so I can see the inside

sincerely Jon

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 09:47:20 PM »
This machine is not an E-Series machine. It has no boards. Check out the unusual hopper and payout unit. I have not seen this type of an arrangement before where the payout disc unit is separate from the hopper unit.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 09:50:53 PM »
For the game theme alone, I wanted to say it was an early 5000, but I don't know Bally machines well at all. I will show the hubby in the morning to see what he thinks (it you guys don't come to a conclusion by then).
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 12:14:56 AM »
it definitely is a 1090 to determine the hopper on issue is a different issue then the coin in when you put a coin in does a coin accepted light on the front go on does the coin relay engage?

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 12:17:40 AM »
and please open the top unit and get a pic
 and yes that is a standard hopper for that style machine

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 128
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 06:12:11 AM »
Appears to be a 1090 or 1088. A photo of the door interior would be helpful. The 1088s have less wiring in the door compared to the 1090. Also check your glass for dates, I believe near the bottom of the glass in small print there will be Bally Manufacturing and the date the glass was first produced.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 07:43:46 AM »
oh Dave I do not believe the glass Will say ballys I think the machine has been rebuilt

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 08:50:25 AM »
When the machine is powered up, yes, the insert coin light does light up, but it is rather faint, and at the same time.....the hopper runs. The machine at that point will not accept a coin. If I disconnect the 2 plugs from the hopper payout unit (which stops the hopper from running), then the insert coin is on bright as it should be, but a coin will still not be accepted and the relay on the side of the mechanism opposite the handle does not activate.
On another note: I have checked the handle release coil by running a jumper from the yellow wire on the coin in switch to the non-orange side of the handle release coil and it does pulse. That is with the reel bundle removed. So, that coil should release when a coin is inserted, I think. That is.....if the hopper was not connected.
Picture of the upper unit is attached as requested.

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 08:58:10 AM »
Here is a picture of the door as requested.
I don't see  a name or year on the belly glass. The only marking that I see is HO15995 whatever that means.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 09:02:51 AM »
Have you checked the power supply voltages? There should be some fuses somewhere, you can check the voltages there, hopefully there are labels to say what the voltage should be. Some of the symptoms sound like a power supply problem.

Can you post a photo showing inside of lower half of cabinet with the hopper removed? And get close enough that the photo will show the details in there, thanks!
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 09:13:29 AM »
that tells me the payout relay is engaging for some reason if you look at the picture you'll see I have shoved paper under all the wiper arms that will tell us if it's in the board or if it's in the real machine if you isolated with the paper and the motor still runs it's got to be in the wiring on that board somewhere if it stops running you can pull the paper out from underneath one wiper at a time can you see which one is actually shorted it sounds like you have some experience with Bally's EM machines I hope you understand this I am not good at typing

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2016, 09:44:35 AM »
I checked the voltages at the transformer. they are 53.4 VAC and 7.06 VAC
I put paper under the fingers on the payout disc as suggested with the hopper in.......and the hopper is no longer running. The insert coin light is on but will still not accept a coin.
More pictures of the lower unit are below as requested.

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2016, 10:10:38 AM »
I put the paper under all of the payout fingers as suggested and the hopper no longer runs. I then began to remove the paper, one contact at a time, beginning at the bottom contact, and the hopper still did not run.....
until I removed the paper from the top contact.....then the hopper began to run again.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 10:25:06 AM »
now if you remove the paper very slowly one finger at a time and plug it back in you will find which wire is causing the hopper to run will work out one problem at a time let's find what's causing the short like I said remove the paper one finger at a time pull off one finger plug it in pull it down one more finger once we figure out what number is sorted then we go back and we find a shorted wire then we'll work on the coin in

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 10:40:40 AM »
Jon.....I am a little confused. You said to remove the paper one finger at a time......did that, but then you said to plug it back in. The hopper was in. What did you want me to plug in? The hopper started to run when I pulled the paper off of the top contact (#7), but not as I removed the paper from the other 6 contacts. I had to remove the coin bowl from the hopper so I could get in there to work with the paper.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 10:51:36 AM »
you found out exactly what we needed to know the top contact you called number 7 is the wire that is shorted somewhere what color wire goes to that contact

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 11:04:51 AM »
I am not sure about the wire color that corresponds to the #7 contact. I am getting continuity on the 50 coin pay (green wire), and also at the 100 coin pay (black with red stripe).

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 11:17:29 AM »
can you get a good picture of the number 7 contact

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal