New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Older Game King Slant Top main battery low - what type of battery?  (Read 3549 times)

Offline tech40

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tech40 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Slot Repair Reno
I will be replacing the main battery on an older Game King slant top. This version has the older JCM- DBV200 mounted up in the top box and I think it used a 17" monitor. All I have is a picture of the exterior to go by. I worked on these machines years ago but can't remember what type of battery that it uses. Also, after the battery is replaced do I need to reset the options - and if so - would I use keychip 017 ?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:49:37 PM by tech40 »

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Older Game King Slant Top main battery low - what type of battery?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 04:34:07 PM »
The original solder in battery is a BR-2330.  Some people like to put in a radio shack coin cell socket and CR2032 battery which makes replacement easy next time it needs it.  Personally I use a CR2354 battery and socket on mine.  It has a higher mah rating so it lasts longer than BR2330/CR2032s and it's the same as enhanced 044 boards and S2000 1270 boards so I only need to keep one type of battery for all of them.

Offline tech40

• NLG
    • Slot Repair Reno
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 07:59:06 PM »
Thank you Tilt for the great battery ideas. Once the battery is replaced and the board is returned to the machine and powered up and check the option settings and if I need to correct/reset any options. Will a Key 017 work?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 08:24:49 PM »
If Key 17 is the proper key for your game software then it will.  What is your Base/GME chip numbers?

Offline tech40

• NLG
    • Slot Repair Reno
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 06:48:19 AM »
Hi Tilt
I am not sure what the game/Base chips are because I have to drive 40 miles to repair it and the owner is not comfortable pulling the main board out to take pictures. I was sent some pics of the outside and inside/left of the machine and it looks like the CPU board is located on the lower left hand side of the case. It is an older slant top machine with the BV(JCM-DBV?) mounted in the top box - right side and the monitor looks like maybe a 17". I couldn't get a manufacture date or model number either. Trying to get as much info as I can so I only have to make one trip.
Thanks again
Kevin

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 07:27:31 AM »
You can get the base/game chip info from the accounting menu as well.  Push self test button->Accounting->Program Version Information.  It will be the M000XXXX and G000XXXX numbers.

Offline tech40

• NLG
    • Slot Repair Reno
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 05:25:10 AM »
The person who owns the machine is not there at this time so I won't be able to get the program version info. It is their second home and I will drive there next week. Looks like I will have to wait until I get there to find out what battery and keychip type to use. I have a key17 and several different battery types, so I guess I'll wing it. Can you tell by looking at the photos?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 08:41:06 AM »
Not with 100% certainty, but it looks like it may be GK4.0.  If so, then Key 17 is what you need. 

Offline ricker

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ricker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 02:19:56 PM »
Hey,

I use key 22 on my 4.0, 4.3, & 5.0

I would take both with ya.

Richard

Offline tech40

• NLG
    • Slot Repair Reno
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 08:36:47 PM »
I have a Key17 and I think I can get my hands on a Key22 just in case.
Thanks Guys

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal