New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: J10 on monther board pin out?  (Read 3953 times)

Offline woewoe

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • woewoe New User has no influence.
  • NLG
J10 on monther board pin out?
« on: July 09, 2017, 06:31:13 PM »
Does anyone have the pin out for the J10 connector on the mother board?  I' know that pins 5 and 6 go to the cash can door for the BV but I'm trying to find out what pins go to the cash can switch in the back of the cash can. 

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: J10 on monther board pin out?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 11:12:04 PM »
What model of machine are you working on?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 05:30:43 AM »
What model of machine are you working on?
s2000

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 05:41:42 AM »
I know that in a earlier post you asked about the cherry switch behind the cash can (it's useless in a home environment) and you are trying to get the bill acceptor to work.

Is the no display message gone?

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 06:02:28 PM »
The no display message only comes up when I run the BV in test mode or when I run it in calibration mode.  After I turn all the dip switches on the BV back to off the message goes away but the BV doesn't work either. 

Offline Zoinks

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Zoinks New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 04:24:18 AM »
The cash can switch runs to J11. Eight Pin connector. Top left red/white wire, top right black wire. (Pins 1 & 2?)

Ours are bypassed with a red wire jumper. (Ziptied to the main harness going to backplane just above the distribution.)

Hope this helps.

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 06:31:29 AM »
The cash can switch runs to J11. Eight Pin connector. Top left red/white wire, top right black wire. (Pins 1 & 2?)

Ours are bypassed with a red wire jumper. (Ziptied to the main harness going to backplane just above the distribution.)

Hope this helps.
Thanks Zoinks, Mine is bypassed like yours.  I disconnected and reconnected to see if it was a loose connection but it didn't help.  I'm wondering if a clearchip that I've been reading about might help?

Offline Zoinks

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 12:45:14 AM »
When you disconnect the jumper it should go into a BA error?
With the Main Door open does it display any errors?
The BA cycles normally?

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 05:50:31 PM »
When you disconnect the jumper it should go into a BA error?
With the Main Door open does it display any errors?
The BA cycles normally?

Sorry, I've  been out of town a few days.  I get the same errors with the jumper connected or disconnected.  they are "Pinter door open" "closure B"  and "Door Open M"  When I close the door all those errors clear.  The BV only cycles in test mode.  It doesn't do anything unless in test mode. The printer does cycle when I power the machine on.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 07:08:08 PM »
did the machine ever work. your bill validator may have the wrong firmware for your machine.

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 07:15:29 PM »
did the machine ever work. your bill validator may have the wrong firmware for your machine.

I bought it at an auction so I really don''t know if it ever worked. 

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 07:24:58 PM »
I will test the bill acceptor if you are willing to pay for return shipping.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 07:57:25 AM »
Before you go checking out wiring there are two things you can do to see what condition your WBA is in!  First, get into the test  diagnostics, Accounting Menu, scroll to the version menu, enter that , PV6 I think is the BV information, this will tell you the type and IDO setting of the WBA in the machine. Second, you can do a stand alone field test on the WBA, using the machine as a source for power only!, remove the cash can, remove the WBA, turn switches 123-8 on, put wba in machine, turn off switch 8, the unit should cycle briefly, now you can place a bill into the unit, if it accepts it and deposits it where the cash can should be then the unit works, you should be able to test this all day long in this state,

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 12:35:21 PM »
Before you go checking out wiring there are two things you can do to see what condition your WBA is in!  First, get into the test  diagnostics, Accounting Menu, scroll to the version menu, enter that , PV6 I think is the BV information, this will tell you the type and IDO setting of the WBA in the machine. Second, you can do a stand alone field test on the WBA, using the machine as a source for power only!, remove the cash can, remove the WBA, turn switches 123-8 on, put wba in machine, turn off switch 8, the unit should cycle briefly, now you can place a bill into the unit, if it accepts it and deposits it where the cash can should be then the unit works, you should be able to test this all day long in this state,

Hope this helps

Jim

Thanks Jim, 

It cycles good in test mode and accepts bills.  but doesn't do anything when not in test mode. 

it says  "WBA 12/13  024   V3.80-34

Also it displays "Bill Stacker Open"  when I open the circuit and the message disappears when I close the circuit. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:12:12 PM by woewoe »

Offline Zoinks

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 02:56:51 AM »
When you get the machine all the way physically closed do all the doors read closed? No 'Call Attendant' message? Does the BV Light board come on?

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 04:55:40 AM »
When you get the machine all the way physically closed do all the doors read closed? No 'Call Attendant' message? Does the BV Light board come on?
Yes all the doors show closed and no Call Attendant is displayed.  The BV light does not come on.  It only comes on in test mode.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 07:06:22 AM »
did you do a configuration of all the peripherals? 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 07:58:20 AM »
did you do a configuration of all the peripherals?
I enabled the BV in 3.3.1

printer 3.1.10.1 Data Entry
3.1.10.3 cashout remainder ($) 100000.00
3.1.10.4 printer tilts: Soft

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 09:33:55 AM »
three connectors coming from the back of the wba harness mounted to the shelf assembly, are all the wires hooked up  and are all the connectors pushed into their respective plugs??
here is the pin out information.  P10 from the mother board terminates into the three connectors that connect with the three connectors on the wba harness.

the small two pin is the +13vdc, the 4 pin with only two wires is the bezel signal, and the five pin is the tx and rx info.

pin1=13vdc red, 2=ground red/black,3=nc,4=nc, 5=billval_det blue/green (cash can door switch), 6=Mdoor_en green(cash can door switch), 7=Mreset green/black, 8=netplex_rxd  green/brown, 9=net+vdc  green/red,10=netplex_txd  green/orange,11=net ground green/blue, 12= no connection.

hope this helps.

Jim   

Signature:

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2017, 10:42:41 AM »
Thanks Jim, I traced all the wires and tested with a meter for continuity and to make sure they were going where they're suppose to and they checked good.  There is a connector that goes to the 20 pin connector the BV connects to that doesn't have anything connected to it.  You didn't mention it in your post but it is hanging off the back with the other connectors.  It's a 3 pin with a blue, purple and white wire. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal