New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: overpay problem  (Read 5112 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
overpay problem
« on: April 06, 2018, 03:53:20 PM »
Pays out 1 extra coin on almost all payouts.  I noticed that there is usually a coin the is under the coin out switch after most all payouts.  See picture, pretty sure it shouldn't be there.  any suggestions appreciated, got guy coming to pick up in the morning.
thanks
Bob
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:09:14 AM by rjpohl »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: overpay problem
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 05:38:55 PM »
I know that usually when you have a 1 coin over pay it can be fixed by adjusting the zero stop bumper. But with your coin stopping under the roller I’m not sure that’s your problem. You might want to try sending Davidlee a pm. He’s very knowledgeable with these games.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 07:43:30 PM »

Right Gary, if the payout step up is to far back it may not be running off the contact strip thus paying out one more coin then shutting off.

OR the coin shut needs to be cleaned.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:29:53 AM by DavidLee »

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 09:42:48 PM »
I don’t think that style hopper has the brake. That coin under the roller should get kicked back into the hopper bowl. For some reason it’s getting the device that kicks the coins off the coin wheel? I thought I read some where that a set of contacts are opening a little late or too slow, allowing the coin to stop under the roller.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 10:16:40 PM »
Good observation,

Can’t remember right off hand if contacts control the solenoid that operates the coin kicker. Or it’s wired directly to the hopper motor which is started by the payout relay. Good to use extra caution when working and or testing this particular solenoid. As it operates on 120 v ac.
Will refresh my memory on this machine when I get to the shop.
Nice machine, got one that is a progressive type. Doesn’t payout very good with the 5 or 6 lemons on reel 3.
I’m been thinking re-wiring the 3rd reel and adding some more fruit.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 03:21:32 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Nurbo

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 11:16:48 PM »
Hello,

I think that your tokens are too small to be properly ejected by the overide coil at the end of the payment.

I have the same problem on a 742 Tic Tac Toe.
IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 10:18:17 AM »
I'm using quarters, not tokens.  The quarter that is hung under the coin out arm/roller is also keeping the ejection arm from springing open.  added a couple more pics

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 11:26:23 AM »
Trying to understand the payout wipers.
Picture Zero-Retracted is the position after a spin with no win. (wiper is making contact with #2)
advanced 2 is picture after manually advancing 2 times
advanced 3 is picture after manually advancing 3 times (is making contact with #5)
advanced 4 is picture after manually advancing 4 times (is making contact with #5)

let me know if this is right/wrong.

thanks

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 01:02:55 PM »
There should be continuity from the contact blades to the metal receiver strips.
When the step up unit is fully retracted back.

Using a test meter or test light, I like the light as its easy to see.
With the spiral cam all the way back check for continuity between the contact blade and the metal receiver strips.
Should be continuity on the strips 2,5,10,14 and so forth.
Now manually step the unit by pushing the linkage connected to the pivot roller down 10 times.
Should still have continuity from the contacts to the 10 pay metal strips. Press the linkage one more time.
This causes the contacts to loose continuity on the 10 payout as they should have road off the metal strips.
The 14 pay will still have continuity and should LOOSE continuity by advancing the step up 4 more times.

For someone doing the for the first time the unit reset coil is located behind the board bottom left.
Just push it in and the cam should return to zero if all things are working properly.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 02:29:48 PM »
The number 2 wiper should be off the metal strip after it pays the 2nd coin. Same with a 5 coin pay, the wiper for the 5 strip should be in contact through the 4th coin, but when 5th is paid it should be off the 5th contact strips..
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 04:10:53 PM »
with spiral cam retracted there is continuity to all receiver strips.
after 2nd trip of pivot linkage continuity is lost to #2
after 5th trip of pivot linkage continuity is lost to #5
after 10th trip of pivot linkage continuity is lost to #10
after 14th trip of pivot linkage continuity is lost to #14

I believe this is correct???

Questioin:
since hopper motor does not have a break the coin ejector must come in in time, correct?  if it is late wouldn't that allow additional coins?  What contacts release the coil?

thanks
Bob
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 04:46:06 PM by rjpohl »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 04:49:29 PM »
Think of it this way, you should have continuity on a pay strip through I less coin then being paid. A two coin pay will have the connection at one paid but not two. A five coin paid will have a connection with 4 coins but not five. You want your last coin to be paid as the wiper finger comes off the wiper boards connection. This breaks the connection telling the hopper to stop the pay.
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 04:54:56 PM »
Gary, then what I reported should be right.
thanks

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 05:50:10 PM »
Yes it sounds correct
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 05:54:00 PM »
I'm just guessing but it looks to me that the ejector is not kicking in fast enough to eject the unwanted coins.  Was hoping someone could tell me what contacts control the coil to see if I could adjust to pull it in a hair sooner.  again just a guess on my part.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 06:36:09 PM »
No I think your pretty much right on. I have found that those return springs get weak and the roll pins and connecting holes wear out. I have rebuilt a coupe of those in the past. Bought new and next size roll pins and drilled out the worn holes. I would check that springs tension on that return spring first.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 06:55:30 PM »
Photo of the coil Gary mentioned about worn out parts and or weak spring.

The payout relay just left of the of the coil mentioned starts and stops the motor.

The coil is wired in parallel with the motor thus activated and deactivated at the same time.

Inspect the payout relay for free movement of the armature and the spring is still in place.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 08:22:09 PM »
check the 2 items in the yellow circles.. The roll pin and holes wear and the springs become weak..
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 04:59:55 PM »
the hole where the roll pin is at is oblong and this is amounting to about an 1/8" movement on the ejector.  I  stretched the spring back to where it connects to the roll pin which increased the strength/tension.  Adjusted the zero switch and now it is paying out correctly.  No more coins stuck under ejector.  I think I will take Gary's advise and remove roll pin, drill out and install slightly larger pin.  Then hopefully I can move tension spring back to it's normal connection.

thanks guys!
Bob

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 08:25:41 PM »
What I did was go to my local hardware store and went through the spring drawers till I found springs I could use that were just a little stronger then the original one. I figured it had been in service for year and could have lost some tension. The solenoid has more then enough strength to handle the stronger spring.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal