New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Code error 83 in e-series 1000  (Read 4400 times)

Offline filounet

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • filounet New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Code error 83 in e-series 1000
« on: July 15, 2018, 03:15:47 AM »
Hi,

I have an e-series 1000 and it gets tilt when I close the door
There is also an error code that appears

I have the impression that there is elecyticty in the slot

Do you have an idea? :Scratch-Head:

Thank you good Sunday

Filounet
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 08:32:43 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Code error 83 in e-serie 1000
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 02:37:00 PM »
Here are the error codes. The problem could be mechanical or electronic.
Swap #1 and #3 reel readers and see if the problem follows the reel reader.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 08:48:11 AM »
it does not change anything when I change the 1 and the 3
for me it is not an error code 83 that indicates a problem on the reel 3 but rather a code 8.3 which indicates a problem in the system or other?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 11:41:20 AM »
There is no error 83 or 8.3 in the books I have. I would start by reseating all the plugs on the boards. Check you ribbon cable that connect the MPU and IO boards. Look for bent or broken pins. If they are bent it’s almost impossible to straight without breaking. The only 8 that is on the E Series machines is test 8. It is setup by pushing the test button on the hopper 8 times. Your win meter will change when the test button it pressed. Is your door switch working? You should see the white light on the candle light on top of your game if it has one.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 02:29:21 PM »
There is a error 83 for E-Series, look at the pdf I attached.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 02:47:25 PM »
My bad. My manual doesn’t show codes for SDS. Just the standard Bally codes in the right column. If it’s reel 3 then the reel could be spin game too slow or the latch paw or other shaft linkages are sticky or frozen.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 02:54:07 PM »
That thin rod that the latch rotates on when a coil energizes must spin freely with thumb and forefinger.
If not then slide each latch back and forth slightly and wipe old, hard, grease out with a shot of WD40 and a rag.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 10:08:05 AM »
Is your door switch working? Yes it works

You should see the white light on the candle light on top of your game if it has one. Yes I got it but it’s always in tilt mode

If it's reel 3 then the reel could be spin game too slow or the latch paw or other shaft linkages are sticky or frozen. That thin rod that the latch rotates on when a coil energizes must spin freely with thumb and forefinger.
No that’s not the issue

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 10:09:58 AM »
You should see the white light on the candle light on top of your game if it has one. Yes I got it but it’s always in tilt mode when I close the door

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 12:52:24 PM »
Check out page 18 of this manual:
http://www.ramegoom.com/john/manuals/Bally+E-Series+Manual%20fay.pdf
Talks about being in test mode, with the decimal point after the 8.
Hope this helps.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 08:34:41 AM »
Sorry I don't understand what I have to do compared to 8.3  :Scratch-Head:

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 10:53:31 AM »
Appears to be stuck in test mode. Press the test button on the hopper and see if it changes. If not, you might have a defective hopper board, or connection between the hopper connector and the CPU.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 11:25:22 AM »
No it doesn't change anything
Can this be the 4 mhz clock that is faulty?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 11:28:00 AM »
On the hopper board there are 2 red buttons. One says test the other says reset. Of you push those buttons does anything happen? Also on the right side under the handle is a reset key lock. Look inside and make sure that the locks latch is not holding the switch closed. The reset switch is in the open position until you hit the jackpot or want to check the machines book keeping.
Next I would pull the plug off the power supply located on the back wall behind the hopper. Inspect it for any burnt connections. If that doesn’t help check the ribbon cable that connects the MPU, board on left side of the reels, to the IO board behind the reels. That grey flat cable has a red line. The red line side faces down when plugged in on both boards. Check the end plugs on the ribbon cable for broke, bent or missing pins. If they are damage you will need a new ribbon cable, or have someone replace the end plug.
Do you have a service manual? It explains how to use the hopper board to run test on the machine to find problems like bad switches, solenoids, bulbs and the reel readers.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 11:33:09 AM »
Can you take a picture of your MPU.. Does it have a small board attached to the MPU? The ram board if yours has one has problems with the connectors. The battery acids fumes can turn the connector green. Get us a pic of the MPU for us and of the IO board.
And remember...

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 08:15:25 AM »
Hi,

You are the best a big thank you  :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you:
It's the memory board that is on the MPU board
I'm lucky to have several machines and I tried another one, I have to see now what's the problem on this card, certainly the 5101 or the connectors

Have à nice day
Filounet

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 09:35:58 AM »
I would look closely at those connections on the ram board. You could also try cleaning the pins on the MPU, then try this board again.. Normally you see a 6 in the win meter if you have bad ram chips.. You could remove both 5101 ram chip and swap them to the other sockets. Check the solder joints on the board too..
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 01:43:04 PM »
If the pins on the 5101's are white and crusted that means the sockets are corroded and should be replaced.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 11:20:55 PM »
I often have problems with these memory board 5101.
Is there an equivalence to replace them?
For example memory board 6116?
Thank you

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2018, 05:42:52 AM »
No substitute.
You have to do the work, replace pins and sockets, clean legs and make sure RAM chips are good.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal