New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: SAVP 2.5 Boots and OS  (Read 2073 times)

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
SAVP 2.5 Boots and OS
« on: September 12, 2018, 07:16:36 PM »
I have a SAVP with a 2.5 brain box in it.  I keep trying to set this up from scratch but keep getting a HD authentication error and then it just keeps rebooting.  I have wiped the drive, nvram, and cabinet a number of times with no luck.  I have used 14a09 os with the boot chips shown in the picture.  Boot chips match.  What OS is needed for these boots or what os/boots combo do I need.  Thanks

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: SAVP 2.5 Boots and OS
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 05:34:41 AM »
I have a SAVP with a 2.5 brain box in it.  I keep trying to set this up from scratch but keep getting a HD authentication error and then it just keeps rebooting.  I have wiped the drive, nvram, and cabinet a number of times with no luck.  I have used 14a09 os with the boot chips shown in the picture.  Boot chips match.  What OS is needed for these boots or what os/boots combo do I need.  Thanks

I now cannot get the diagnostic screen to come up.  The diagnostic dongle is good.  The drive will load os and loaders from boot OK.  I have reseated the memory, changed all batteries, used a different hard drive and all I get is the the AVP logo screen and a reboot over and over.  Not being able to get a diagnostic screen baffles me.  Any ideas.  I don't have a spare 2.5 PCI card I can swap in it.  Thanks

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 06:24:33 PM »
BUMP   Can somebody tell me what BIOS and OS can be used in a 2.5 Brain box.  Still no solution to my problem with the slot.  I am ready to junk this brainbox and switch to a 3.0   Thanks

Offline memusa

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • memusa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 09:49:09 AM »
Os conflict with those boots, you can use a AI014-075 or a AI014-09S

Offline buzzarama

• Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 03:03:04 AM »
Are you still having issues Ted?

What memusa said about os conflict is not correct.

When using bootchips ending in
2004- 2.0
2504- 2.5
3004- 3.0
You should use OS 014-A0B or A09 for ported games (family 014) and AE011-042 or 043 for emulated games (family 011)

075 or 09S will not work with your boot chips.

I have attached a doc to help.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 05:59:32 AM »
Are you still having issues Ted?

What memusa said about os conflict is not correct.

When using bootchips ending in
2004- 2.0
2504- 2.5
3004- 3.0
You should use OS 014-A0B or A09 for ported games (family 014) and AE011-042 or 043 for emulated games (family 011)

075 or 09S will not work with your boot chips.

I have attached a doc to help.

Dave  Thanks for the info.  Ted

Offline memusa

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • memusa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 08:00:14 AM »
My mistake, Now that I see the picture again, I read the boot number wrong. At the moment I thought it was AVPSB01410C04" :duh:
I never knew that a 2.5 could handle that OS you mentioned before and the document you attached made things crystal clear  :thank_you: [size=78%]. What i do remember for those 2.5 is that the letter "c" doesn't requires a jumper and the letter "d"does. Still have to verify this..[/size]

Offline buzzarama

• Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 08:52:56 PM »
Yeah, they get confusing when they dont make significant differences in the naming conventions.

In the 9 series ones (referring to 9 series OS)
A, B are 2.0 - downloadable and non-downloadable
C, D are 2.5 - downloadable and non-downloadable
E, F are  3.0 - downloadable and non-downloadable
And the 10 or 20 before the letter signifies for sale or wap. 

In the A and B series ones (referring to A and B series OS)
B is for sale games
C is for WAP only
E is for daily fee

[/size]And the B series ones[size=78%][/size] weren't developed for[size=78%][/size][size=78%] [/size][/size]2.0 or 2.5, only 3.0 lol.[size=78%]
As far as jumper, there may be a version where the jumper is not needed but that's not intended, the jumper is only for an added step in write protection and write enabling.

:arrowthruhead:  Dave

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal