New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Haywire, can it be fixed?  (Read 31507 times)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT Haywire, can it be fixed?
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2018, 01:43:31 PM »
The board you have pictured is a 10 MHZ board. The 16 MHZ chip will make the reels act wonky. (that's a technical term) It most likely won't ruin the chip but it won't run the game either.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2018, 03:55:33 PM »
Should work. A piece of wire works too. Your dealing with low voltage so you won’t get shocked or  electrocuted.. 🧐
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline jidrd55

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • jidrd55 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2018, 10:55:28 AM »
I jumped out the reset key lock with a wire nothing happens, when I switch on the power the reels jump and there's a slight hum, when I switch the power off single numbers flash just for a second in the winner paid, credits and coins played windows 0, 3,5 & 8 just one number every time I switch it off. The led tube lights work and the bv cycles through with a grinding noise. The SP chip I got with the boards was for 16mhz, I got the 10mhz, the seller is sending the correct chip, is this the reason nothing is working?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2018, 11:15:10 AM »
Yes, I think you need 10mhz sp to get it to do anything.  Never tried it.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2018, 11:18:12 AM »
If you don’t have the correct chip, I assume that could cause what your seeing. The MPU can’t talk to those EPROMs due to there speed and programming. Your bill acceptors sounds normal. They tend to be noisy and sound like they want to blow up. 🤣
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2018, 11:24:06 AM »
Thank goodness, I thought something was wrong with the mother board. On the CPU board there is a small blue rectangular box with white pegs in it, the pegs are not in the same position in the new board as it is on the old one, will that be a problem?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2018, 11:28:21 AM »
 Doubt it will.. Post a picture so we can see.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:08:27 PM by Amechanic »
And remember...

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2018, 11:43:46 AM »
On the old board.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2018, 12:17:09 PM »
Set them like old board 1234 ON (switch pushed down on end with numbers).  You may need to turn 4 off depending on SP, but probably not.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2018, 01:09:53 PM »
Those are the dip switches used for different machine options.
And remember...

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2018, 02:07:18 PM »
1, 3 & 4 is on in this picture.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2018, 02:19:05 PM »
Hard to see them good in the pic.  1 & 2 both have to be on to change hopper limit in settings.  Leave #2 off and hopper limit will be set at 400.  So you may want to leave it off.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:34:57 PM by sixcardmark »

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2018, 02:57:06 PM »
Ok great, that chart finally makes sense. Thank you.

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2018, 06:37:10 PM »
I have a jackpot bell, but it doesn't have the right end to plug to the mother board also the wire is way to short, is this the right piece I need to attach to mother board and does anyone know where to buy the connector to the end of the bell, it is a two wire, I'll try to post a picture of it if not I will post the link to the one I bought from EBay.

Molex Plug, Female, 2 Pins, 2.54 MM, For Use With 70058 And 71851 SL Crimp Terminals.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slot-Machine-parts-IGT-9295-model-96400300-BELL-333/263982697734?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2018, 07:44:08 PM »
I just looked at my Haywire and didn’t see a JP Bell, but I didn’t pull my top glass. I don’t remember one up there tho??
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2018, 08:31:11 PM »
Call a friend on this JP Bell. He sent me this link off the old sight.. I now remember the thread. These S+ machines didn’t have a bell, but this shows you how to install one.

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/bell.htm
And remember...

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2018, 09:05:03 PM »
One of my machines has one on it.  Harness looks the same as link Amechanic posted.

Here is a pic:

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2018, 09:15:34 PM »
Yea this is my Haywire. Nothing there.
And remember...

Offline jidrd55

• NLG
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2018, 02:33:48 AM »
Thanks guys, I found a harness on Spininc, it looks like it might work.

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2018, 04:41:45 AM »
Guys this topic has become a mess. Boards, bells, comparators etc. We need to start a new thread for each new "fix" this machine needs. When a post is like this, no one down the road is going to read through all of this to find out about a bell. There is good information here that is lost because it has gotten so big everyone is going to ignore it. To the OP, Jidrd55, when you have your next question about how to fix something on this machine, please start a new thread. Thanks.........Shaggy
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal