New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Newbie with issue when powered on today.  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Logante

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Logante New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Newbie with issue when powered on today.
« on: October 10, 2018, 02:23:30 PM »
I have had this game for a little while. When I get in from work I feed any singles I have into it and then play off the credits. Last night was different. When I fed a bill into the machine it just worked like a change machine. Instead of giving me credits to play it just spit out 20 nickels like a change machine. What do I need to do to get this thing back to just throwing the credits onto the machine and not spitting out the nickels. I can feed two nickels at a time and play but personally I find this too tedious. Plus the noise from the dispensing nickels is super loud in my small home.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Newbie with issue when powered on today.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 02:36:30 PM »
Press your cash-credit button one time, then insert bill.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 04:06:35 PM »
You can try placing a cloth hand towel (guest towel), a small piece of scrap carpet, a piece of rubber mat or similar in the coin tray to lessen the sound. Be aware that if you build up a lot of credits on the machine and it gets near the credit limit it will reject the bills since adding more credits would put it over the credit limit setting.

As Mark said, if someone pressed the "cash/credit" button by mistake that will toggle the credit setting and change it to cash mode.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Logante

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 11:02:23 PM »
It does not matter if you hit the button on the game for cash/credit. I noticed that the lower light on the top of the game is flashing. When you hit the cash/credit button the top light will turn off or on but does not affect the coin dropping when you put a dollar into it.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 11:42:10 PM »
Does the machine have a lot of credits already stored on the credit meter?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Logante

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 11:48:09 PM »
No credits on it. It is really making me mad.

I just cleared the saved up credits by cashing out now the darned thing will add credits but make change and make me play two credits at a time by feeding coins. The bottom candle light flashes and the top on can be turned off or on by hitting the change button.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 04:50:13 AM »
I have had this game for a little while. When I get in from work I feed any singles I have into it and then play off the credits.

He stated this in his original post that he plays off the credits.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 05:07:44 AM »
What do you mean that you cleared and saved up credits by cashing out? Did you do this before or after your current problem? Are you showing any numbers in your game displays?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ANIslots New User has no influence.
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 06:18:16 AM »
not certain it applies here, but isnt option 8 bill pay mode 0 = changer 1 = credit or something like that

it is the bill change mode that needs changing,

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ANIslots New User has no influence.
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 06:37:39 AM »
It does not matter if you hit the button on the game for cash/credit. I noticed that the lower light on the top of the game is flashing. When you hit the cash/credit button the top light will turn off or on but does not affect the coin dropping when you put a dollar into it.

if light at top of game is flashing when you press the button then you are pressing the change/service button

Offline Logante

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 07:33:53 AM »

if light at top of game is flashing when you press the button then you are pressing the change/service button
You are correct the top light on the candle comes on or goes off with the change button NOT Cash/Credit. The bottom light on the candle is the flashing light, I do not know how to clear it.

The machine is a IGT “SUPER STARS” nickel slot machine. The manual for the slot I found online says it is a S-plus (S+). Iam just glad I didn’t put a twenty into it and have this happen. I play the thing around midnight in my garage, that’s why I am concerned about the sound. The speaker works and it can be quite loud only when it cashes out coins.

I cleared saved credits by cashing out my credits (had around 200). It spat nickels for a few min, opened the door to put the nickels back into the hopper. I got this game for $125 because the previous owner could not get it to work, had a empty hopper code. There was nothing missing or wrong with it beyond the empty hopper code. Thing is once I put nickels in it pumped them out until it was out of credits then it was fine, until thie thing decided to pull this stunt. I prefer to play off credits instead of two nickels at a time because like I said the coin mech is loud.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 07:56:18 AM »
Flashing lower candle lite means door was open.  If you play a game it should go out after the spin. 

So no one has changed any settings??  settings 5.0 & 8.0 should work the way you want.  What sp chip is in machine?

Offline Logante

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 08:07:08 AM »
Flashing lower candle lite means door was open.  If you play a game it should go out after the spin. 

So no one has changed any settings??  settings 5.0 & 8.0 should work the way you want.  What sp chip is in machine?
Only thing that I did was pull the board and turn down the sound as described in the manual. It is a pentameter on the upper edge of the board. And the flashing light does not go out when you play. It stays flashing. I am hoping someone can tell me how to check the settings for the bill reader to credits.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 08:12:06 AM »
There is a blue round knob you turn to adjust volume.  You do not have to remove the board for this.  What did you change on board?

And yes settings 5.0 and 8.0 should give credits not coins when you insert bills.

If you changed dip switch #4 change it back.  It will turn your bill val into a change machine if using sp1271.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 08:50:28 AM »
first thing you should do is to go to RICK's FAQ  on the home page,  go down to SP and SS menu, click on this , this will explain how to get into the test menu and establish what chips you have in your game.

once we know what sp chip you have, we can determine what settings have to be changed. also this will explain how to enter the test menu which you will have to get into to change your settings to correct your problem.

also check out the S+ diagnostic cards in the section prior to the S+ posts, it shows all the numbers and where they are displayed and what they mean!

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 10:16:43 AM »
Link to the instructions for finding out which SS and SP chips you have in your S+ machine:

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm

Offline Logante

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 09:52:48 AM »
Problem solved
Shortrackskater thank you for your help. The issues was in the settings and is now fixed.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 04:51:30 PM »
Thanks! But credit goes to sixcardmark, Jim, Rokgpsman! I just picked out the needed setting for ya!  :applause:
Sometimes it's hard to find the correct lines in the FAQ section.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal