New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E2270 Error Code  (Read 2870 times)

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Bally E2270 Error Code
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2021, 01:43:05 PM »
That could be the Delay Relay, it turns on the 50 VAC voltage after the logic voltages settles and the board chips are powered.

50 VAC is needed for the reels to stop. The reel solenoids are 50 VAC solenoids.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • mwade109 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2021, 08:29:53 AM »
Can you tell me where to test for the 50v to maybe determine if it is either a power issue or the relay having issues?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2021, 11:40:04 AM »
see attached?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2021, 08:18:05 PM »
The buzz noise every 20 seconds might be the door open alarm buzzer solenoid. Normal when door open.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2021, 01:45:18 PM »
Thanks but I never learned to read schamatics so I bought a used relay on eBay, put it in and , although this one does not buzz like the old one, 
I still have the damn 50. 006

Someone mentioned that might be a power issue, any idea?

see attached?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2021, 02:48:04 PM »
Check the molex connector on the power supply board. It might be overheated and oxidized. Bad connection. Scrape the pins on the PS board, remove the connectors from the molex and scrape them and reform them for tight fit. You may have to reflow the solder joints on the PS board

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2021, 11:35:37 AM »
Thanks, will be able to get to it later on today and post results.
-mike

Check the molex connector on the power supply board. It might be overheated and oxidized. Bad connection. Scrape the pins on the PS board, remove the connectors from the molex and scrape them and reform them for tight fit. You may have to reflow the solder joints on the PS board

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2021, 07:03:24 PM »
www.slotmachinerepair.com sells a freshly pinned power supply plug.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2021, 01:10:29 PM »
I went out today and removed the reels and the hopper, reset all connectors on the boards, cleaned/reconnected anywhere I found a terminal block. Put it all back together and now am where a started at a while ago, turn on, insert coin, pull arm, reels spin and don't stop, tilt lights up, get a alternating 41 then 1 on the display.  Hit the reset button on hopper and solenoids engage and grab the reels and another attempt at play happens again.

Video at:
https://youtu.be/MmO_Sq6CbVg

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2021, 04:56:33 PM »
Ok. I just watched the video. From what I see, your getting that 42 code for reel 1 because of how slow it spins. That slot machine reads how fast or slow the reels spin. Reel 1 is spinning too slow. That is what’s causing your code. Does that reel turn that slow in test 8 with the door open? If your reels spin correct with the door open, you have something rubbing on reel 1 with the door closed. If it spins slow with the door open, then you need to oil the hub in the center of the reels. There is a small oiling hole. A few drops of a light machine oil like 3 in 1 oil. Some reels also have a large flat head screw in then. Make sure that’s not tightened down. They can be removed without causing a problem.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2021, 05:10:04 PM »
The reel assembly needs to be removed and all the linkage has to be lubed and all has to move freely. Remove the reels and lube the shaft bearings which the reels are on. There is an 1/8'' hole in the hub of each reel which you can oil the needle bearings. Now with the reels removed. Lube the rest of the assembly. You will have to lay the assembly on it's side to get to the under side of it. You will see 2 Black cross shafts . One large and one small. Those cross shafts have to spin free by using just 2 fingers to rotate them. If they don't spin freely you will have the problem you have now. Study all the linkage and the pivot points and make sure they are all moving freely. Get a Zoom Spot oil bottle which has a high quality Turbine oil and the very handy tube spout to oil the reel hub needle bearings. I get my Zoom Spout oil from my local Ace Hardware.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2021, 03:07:03 PM »
I want ahead and took the reels assembly out, took the reels off the shaft, cleaned the shaft, lubed everything up and put it back together. The reels sure do spin a lot longer now! Unfortunately, the reels still do not stop.  But I did notice something new, about 5 seconds after the reels spin, you can hear a click, click, click like the sound of reels stopping but they don't.  Right after the third click the tilt light comes on.  I did a new video of it, turn your speakers up and you can clearly hear the clicks. I did it twice in case you don't hear them.
Link to my videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/mwade109/videos

-mike

Ok. I just watched the video. From what I see, your getting that 42 code for reel 1 because of how slow it spins. That slot machine reads how fast or slow the reels spin. Reel 1 is spinning too slow. That is what’s causing your code. Does that reel turn that slow in test 8 with the door open? If your reels spin correct with the door open, you have something rubbing on reel 1 with the door closed. If it spins slow with the door open, then you need to oil the hub in the center of the reels. There is a small oiling hole. A few drops of a light machine oil like 3 in 1 oil. Some reels also have a large flat head screw in then. Make sure that’s not tightened down. They can be removed without causing a problem.

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2021, 05:51:23 PM »
How well are the index levers operating? With the power off and reels out, reset each index lever back till it locks. Push each index solenoid manually and watch the index levers. They need to spring forward to engage the index wheels on the reels to stop them from spinning. You can also slide the reel mech forward to make it easier to get to the solenoids from underneath.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2021, 08:23:25 PM »
Thank you, I went out there to take a look at what you were talking about and the indexing levers as well as the small levers that are attached to the solenoid do not move very freely. I was a bit more interested when I released one solenoid and it released all three index levers.  Those small levers do not move freely on the small black shaft they are on. I took the unit out to the bench and tried to get a little lubricant to seep in there and worked them manually for a bit and when I put it back in, this is the 1st time I ever saw the reels stop and act like a slot machine! (I bought it broken) Didn't last long but indicates that is where the problem lies. Tomorrow I will see about getting those two shafts out, cleaning them and lubing them back up. I noted that on the right side there is the mechanisms for the arm and it doesnt  seem very easy to get the shaft that the Index levers are on out that side.  Any advice concerning getting these two shafts out, they are really gummed up.

How well are the index levers operating? With the power off and reels out, reset each index lever back till it locks. Push each index solenoid manually and watch the index levers. They need to spring forward to engage the index wheels on the reels to stop them from spinning. You can also slide the reel mech forward to make it easier to get to the solenoids from underneath.

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2021, 09:03:12 PM »
You don't necessarily need to pull the shafts out. Try this first: Disassemble what you can of the links on each lever and clean them well. When lubed well, the black shafts should be able to be spun fairly easily between two fingers. Lay the reel mech on its side and oil all rotating parts on the shafts with 3-1 oil. Spin the black shafts and continue to add more 3-1. Work it in and then let it sit over night.  3-1 will penetrate and do a lot of the work for you. The next day wipe up the mess and repeat the process if needed. If you absolutely have to remove the shafts, remove the screws holding the left side plate on. After that you should be able to have enough play to remove the shafts. To go any further, you're going to need to remove roll pins with a punch.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2021, 06:26:24 AM »
You don't need to disassemble anything. Just Lubricate EVERYTHING. All the linkage.  If you don't, it will never work properly.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2021, 07:02:20 PM »
Thank you everyone, everything lubricated and the machine has been working great for weeks.  But, right when I get ready to list it for sale, it decides to not work.  Guess it's better it dd it now rather than after I sold it. Powers up, nothing at all on the win meter (like no power at all), no insert coin light not even a tilt light. The buttons on the hopper do nothing. Checked all fuses in machine and on hopper, all good.  The only thing I could find was the spring on the right side of the reels directly under the plastic apparatus, the connector going to the solenoid that releases the arm, the hook end of the spring was caught up in that.  I do not know which wire it was caught on.  Any ideas how to proceed with this?

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2021, 11:46:20 AM »
Ok, seems like nobody has any ideas on my problem so I finally got a chance to take another look at it.  No signs of anything being burned, exploded, melted or anything on the three boards I can see. I did notice something I cannot explain.

With the door not locked, the hinge microswitch dismounted from its place, when I close the door (not locked but pushed all the way closed) the 'Tilt' light comes on. This is very puzzling. There is nothing that I can find that is telling it that the door is closed. But I DID notice if I put pressure under the door and lift about 1/16th of an inch the tilt light goes off.

I also noticed that if I unplug either of the plugs going to the reel mechanism, the tilt still lights but if I unplug both of the plugs going to the reels, no more tilt light.

Another question, in the door there is the microswitch for the locked position,  there is also another one, straight in from the lock and there is nothing near it that could actually trigger it.

As usual, I uploaded another video to youtube for this problem.
https://youtu.be/6QZW_X5zma4

The pics are of the 'Tilt, the microswitch that I don't know about & the spring that got caught IN the connector to the relay that releases the arm.

Help, this needs to be working and sold!

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2021, 06:22:47 PM »
Cut the 2 wires off of the lock cam micro switch and strip and wire nut them together.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal