New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 878 winner paid coin accepted and insert coin issue  (Read 806 times)

Offline SPN

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • SPN New User barely matters.SPN New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Bally 878 winner paid coin accepted and insert coin issue
« on: October 25, 2021, 11:29:38 AM »
Bally 878 and it’s a 3 line, it’s a winner paid coin accepted and insert coin issue

They all stopped working at the same time when I was changing the reel glass and I don’t get it, I have tried to clean all the switches and the beau plug on the payout relay and hopper and the 20 wire is fine and the bulbs are also fine..

What’s common on this three bulbs that can be the problem since they stoped working at the same time?

« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 04:44:25 AM by SPN »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: Bally 878 winner paid coin accepted and insert coin issue
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 01:52:09 PM »
Just my 2 cents - I would start with the wires on the left side that are taped to the 'frame'.

If not those - the blue wire(s) would be suspect to me as all 3 lights are not working. Something common. Not the red, yellow or green wires, only one lamp, then I would suspect those.

Could be a blown device on the control PCB, but I'm sure not likley as I would assume you did the replacement with the power off.

Sounds like a bad wire to the lamps to me.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 03:14:54 PM »

The wire on the left is for the fluorescent tube and working so that’s not it, and I tried to make a jumper from 30 (yellow) to the three 18 38 48 wires and they lighted up so I guess the 20 (Blue) is working fine..

This is an Bally em so there are no control pcb in the machine :)

I have tried to follow the wires without finding the problem but since it’s a em machine there has to be a issue to find I guess :)

Thanks for your advice I really appreciate the help I can get :)

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 05:51:03 PM »
Ok. I will let a member that knows EM machines take it from here.  Best I know is the control signals come from mechanical contacts on the machine.

Good luck, someone will give you some advise as to what to check next.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 172
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 11:09:00 PM »
878?

typically the common factor for those three lights (besides wire 20) is a payout relay switch - often orange/red wire 71-2 which connects to yellow wire 30 on the payout relay, but look at any payout relay switch with wire 30 on a blade.

no idea what a model 878 is tho, so can't say for sure.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 04:44:06 AM »

It was the 30 yellow wire that had bad connection where the two 30 wire meets to the float ball arm switch, I tracked the 30 and we finally made it 🥳

The Bally 878 is a Swedish model of the 831 called TRE KRONOR ( three crowns) and it’s a wide body as you can see on the picture..

Thanks for your good advice that helped me on the right track :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal