New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 ERROR’S after battery change.  (Read 1645 times)

Offline 61Wally

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
S2000 ERROR’S after battery change.
« on: December 31, 2021, 04:48:48 AM »
I changed the battery on this machine and it came up with “NETPLEX LINK DOWN” I read a bunch of threads and One suggest undoing validator, printer, ballasts, etc one at a time. I tried that shutting power off each test. I didn’t have any luck at ALL. Another thread suggested trying another board, I still came up with NP LINK DOWN. So I put the original board back in and now It goes through start up, but, displays in flashing order, CALL ATTENDANT, CLOSURE M, DOOR OPEN B.
The board that I tried is back in the other machine with, CALL ATTENDANT, CLOSURE M, MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH. I should probably make this 2 Inquiries for help. Back to the first one, If I open the door it displays DOOR OPEN MB. If I can get this one going, I will make a New topic on the other.
I have NOT attempted any key or clear chips on either machine. I would appreciate any assistance PLEASE.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU FOLKS, BE SAFE.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 ERROR’S after battery change.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 05:44:11 AM »
Trying another MPU board is the easiest way to find out if the problem is on the MPU or the backplane.

With that MPU, does the "Netplex Link Down" error pop up in another cabinet?

Configure the setting to "Upright" for the Machine Type setting in the Options.

All the "Closure" messages go away after you close doors & finish playing a game - IF all your door switches are operational.

You can check each switch in the tests.

If not, then you may have eaten circuit traces from battery corrosion.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 06:12:39 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 61Wally

• 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 06:20:02 AM »
Ok, I will try that.. Thank You So Much for your Assistance. By the way, I do pretty well getting out of the bunkers. Great Name. Going up North to play Spy Glass next Month.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 06:43:59 AM »
The Open Door MB means both the main door and the belly door are opened.

Check that the belly door has the two wires tied up or switch working.

Remember, all the the doors optics and switches depend on each other.....they ALL have to be in a closed state to get the machine running the way you want.

If the main door and belly doors have cherry switches....make sure the plunger is depressed correctly to "close" the circuit.

Check with either the machine switch tests or a multimeter on the cherry switch tabs....check wiring for continuity....a broken ground wire creates havoc and gray hair.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 07:02:45 AM »
Well I’ve got the gray hair already! So if I’m understanding this correctly, All of the closures that should happen are wired in a series circuit, so that any open will trigger an error?
Also, Is the 504 interchangeable with the 502 board?

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 07:14:03 AM »
Well I’ve got the gray hair already! So if I’m understanding this correctly, All of the closures that should happen are wired in a series circuit, so that any open will trigger an error? YES...but it's not really an error isn't it? It's just a "message" indicating the state of a switch notifying you whether it's open or closed. Any open switch or door circuit will halt game play.

Also, Is the 504 interchangeable with the 502 board? Also, YES. The 504 Version MPU has better re-routed circuit board traces for audio sound than the older, scratchy 502 version.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 07:59:03 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2021, 07:38:02 AM »
Thank You for correcting my terminology. I SHOULD be stating messages not ERRORS. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
I put the board from the problem machine into another cabinet. I set it for upright. The MESSAGE is asking to set up denominations. Be that it’s a multi-denominational machine, I need to go back to my notes to set that up. I got really confused last time setting one up. I will try and see if I can accomplish that task again and keep You All informed. I never thought there was so much to learn and then, Another style machine gets put in my lap to tackle. Fantastic Hobby to keep the mind stimulated.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2021, 07:56:29 AM »
The Open Door MB means both the main door and the belly door are opened.

Check that the belly door has the two wires tied up or switch working.

Remember, all the the doors optics and switches depend on each other.....they ALL have to be in a closed state to get the machine running the way you want.

If the main door and belly doors have cherry switches....make sure the plunger is depressed correctly to "close" the circuit.

Check with either the machine switch tests or a multimeter on the cherry switch tabs....check wiring for continuity....a broken ground wire creates havoc and gray hair.

Bunker you are not correct. Door B is the cash box door. The belly door switch is tied directly to the main door circuit and produces a door open M. If the cash box door wires are tied together it is likely a damaged mpu. The machine type mismatch can be resolved with a simple key chip procedure.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 10:59:13 AM »
Thanks Ron!
I'm only human! haha Thanks for pointing it out!
Have a Happy New Year! :cool_thumb_up:

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2022, 08:42:35 AM »
I turned the machine back on today, It’s displaying “ NETPLEX LINK IS DOWN “ If I walk away come back later I noticed display changes to “ mismatch “. Very New to me. It is somewhat cold out in my garage???

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 05:41:30 AM »
Today, I moved the machine into the house. NETPLEX ERROR is gone. When I turn machine On I’m still getting the messages of “DOOR OPEN B” and “CALL ATTENDANT”. I’ve checked continuity on the Cherry switches and they show good. I’ve even bypassed the switches, to make sure I have closed circuit. The only thing I have NOT done is replace the optics, and following the switch wires back and closing the circuit there, in case of a broken wire. Any other thoughts out there would be appreciated.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 09:35:13 AM »
Is there any other error message when it displays "Call Attendant" ?
Have you tried opening and closing the door again, once you get that error?

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2022, 09:49:06 AM »
Yes it’s displaying “DOOR OPEN MB”

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2022, 09:57:55 AM »
Check and make sure your bill (cash) box door is fully closed.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2022, 11:40:08 AM »
Everything is closed, I’m going to try tracing wiring back to backplane and terminate there, maybe there’s a broken wire hiding somewhere.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2022, 07:30:11 AM »
Everything is closed, I’m going to try tracing wiring back to backplane and terminate there, maybe there’s a broken wire hiding somewhere.

You just said the magic words...."broken wire"....depending on how bad your MPU could be corroded, it may be instead, a broken circuitry trace on the MPU.

Your best bet is to post some high res photos of up 1000kb of near the Varta battery area.
That area of an S2000 MPU board is where the corrosion usually begins....remember, these leaky Varta batteries could be up to 20 years old.

After seeing a good photo of the board, maybe someone here will be able to advise you what to do next?

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2022, 09:13:30 AM »
? for someone PLEASE, If I have access to another #504 board like this one, There are 7 chip sockets on it. If I removed my boards 7 chips, can I put them in a working #504 board and, theoretically, it should fire up in the machine if it’s NOT a wiring issue? 
2nd ? can a person take chips from a #504 board and put them in a #502 board without any problem?

Offline DB26

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2022, 02:45:23 PM »
? for someone PLEASE, If I have access to another #504 board like this one, There are 7 chip sockets on it. If I removed my boards 7 chips, can I put them in a working #504 board and, theoretically, it should fire up in the machine if it’s NOT a wiring issue? 
2nd ? can a person take chips from a #504 board and put them in a #502 board without any problem?

The answer is yes to both of your questions. Swap the chips and it will work. You only need to swap the SB, SG #1 and 2, and Version chip (and SS if you have it)

You will need to clear the errors with the attendant key, but it will work fine after that.
-Robert

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2022, 10:48:56 PM »
Ok, Here’s the latest, I replaced the board and ended up with the same messages. So it was time for old school troubleshooting” Needless to say, Somewhere from moving it from the garage into the house, I found the connector cable that goes from the “ NETPLEX EXPANSION BOARD “ up top barely plugged in. As a lot of these machines have that feed through plate just hanging there, I have been putting a “ stand- off “ and a long screw to keep it from having any tension on the connectors. As I was doing this, I noticed the bad connection. Thank You All for the help on this one, It was a B…
Sent a couple pictures of securing the “ feed through plate “.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal