New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Dynamic buttons on G23 ?  (Read 913 times)

Offline KAD

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • KAD New User barely matters.KAD New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Dynamic buttons on G23 ?
« on: January 12, 2023, 11:31:33 AM »
I just received my G23 from a major vendor sponsored on this site . The two left buttons are not working. Are they supposed to be lit? Vendor is telling me they are not used. They are edge lit and I know they are expensive. I guess for $3000 they should work. What do you guys think?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Dynamic buttons on G23 ?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 12:08:03 PM »
Not all games use all buttons.  There are dip switches that will allow all buttons to be lit.  What are your dips set to on left side of button cable?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 12:28:59 PM by sixcardmark »

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • millionaire2k New User barely matters.millionaire2k New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 04:13:38 PM »
I just received my G23 from a major vendor sponsored on this site . The two left buttons are not working. Are they supposed to be lit? Vendor is telling me they are not used. They are edge lit and I know they are expensive. I guess for $3000 they should work. What do you guys think?

I got a machine from ORS that had the left 2 buttons completely faded out.  I said to them the same thing and they told me the same thing.  I was able to set the dip switches to turn them on (I forget how).  The screens were still worn but the buttons worked.  I bought 2 new buttons for the main "repeat/max bet" buttons and just swapped them to the faded ones.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 04:47:31 PM »
For G23 - 14 button deck set 1 & 2 on, 3-6 off.

Offline KAD

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 05:44:44 PM »
Yep, 1&2 are on 2,4,5,6 are off. #2 is super faded. Do you think the company I bought the machine from should replace them?

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • millionaire2k New User barely matters.millionaire2k New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 06:39:17 PM »
I don't think so. But that is just me.  The screens fade over time, it's not sold as a new machine.  If the buttons on the right work, the left are not needed.  Very few games (I think just poker and like Blackjack) use the left buttons for anything different than the right buttons.  On a normal slot game they are just mirrors of the right.

But I do understand your desire to have the best machine possible.  Like I said I just got 2 new buttons and put them on the right, then installed the old right buttons on the left.  Afterwards it was nice, but then I realized it was really a waste and now they are fading away.  I would have been better off just keeping blanks on the left and only worry about replacing the other buttons.

NOTE: These dynamic buttons are going to be the death of us all. No matter how perfect they look today, every day that passes is 1 day closer to them fading to nothing. It's a battle you can never win.  I wish there was a more permanent fix to the fading screens.

Offline KAD

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 06:47:42 PM »
Thanks for your opinion.On some of the games the left button will do the spin and the second from the left will change the bet amount. This is on regular slot games not poker games. The edges are illuminated though.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 08:28:09 PM »
If you bought the machine from IGT, then yes, they should replace them...but you didn't.

You bought a used machine...did it come with a warranty?

Be prepared to fork out some money for new buttons soon.
The screens illumination are probably nearing or past their lifetime.

The button screens can last approx...>>>

40,000 hours at 25% brightness
20,000 hours at 50% brightness
10,000 hours at 100% brightness...give or take.

Check the manufacturing date on your cabinet side tag and do the math.
Cross your fingers & hope that IGT set these buttons to run at 25% brightness.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 01:30:45 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal