New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Storage authentication failed: System will retry in 10 seconds error  (Read 2845 times)

Offline lazzerjett

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • lazzerjett New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I have an IGT AVP G23 tall that had a problem and stopped working.  I changed all the batteries and installed a different hard drive and went through the setup and it appeared to be working but did not have the six games that were on the original hard drive and the IPC controller.  I put in the ekey0007 along with a new usb 2.0 flash drive that I put the 6 games on that I believe were the same six that were on the IPC controller and the hard drive. I turned on the machine and it automatically installed the 6 games and a message came up indicating that I could either remove the usb 2.0 and reboot or install additional games first.  I deleted the six games from the usb flash drive and added 7 additional games to it then plugged it into the machine and it automatically installed the additional 7 games then it stated to remove the ekey and reboot.  So I turned it off removed the ekey0007 and the usb 2.0 flash drive and turned it back on.  It then came up with a 1 line at the top of the screen that stated "Storage authentication failed: System will retry in 10 seconds.  It will continue in a loop doing the same thing and never completes the startup.

I did find a much earlier post that indicated a possible game conflict.  I have looked trying to find out what to expect if I delete the games I added using the ekey007 and the diagnostic key to delete the game package but I haven't found anything yet.  I don't know how to do it properly, do I delete one at a time, all the added games at once, do I need to do anything else during or after to check and see if it is working, I am searching for knowledge.

I would appreciate any help in getting it working properly.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 07:08:48 PM by lazzerjett »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Storage authentication failed: System will retry in 10 seconds error
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 03:33:12 PM »
You've got a lot of variables in there.  The best way of adding new games is to let the machine boot up normally.  Install the ekey and use setup->machine->manage packages menu.  Then insert you thumb drive and hit scan.  Select the games and hit add.  Using the boot method has been reported as causing problems with some games. 

But I'd re-install the original drive and make sure I can get the machine back up and working with that first.  After than then put your second drive in and tinker with it as you want.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 10:49:17 AM »
You've got a lot of variables in there.  The best way of adding new games is to let the machine boot up normally.  Install the ekey and use setup->machine->manage packages menu.  Then insert you thumb drive and hit scan.  Select the games and hit add.  Using the boot method has been reported as causing problems with some games. 

I have had nothing but issues with the manage packages method and never had an issue with the boot method i have no clue what i do differently than literally everyone else but thats just the way it has worked out so far.

Offline RobinAK

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • RobinAK New User barely matters.RobinAK New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 06:17:28 PM »

I have had nothing but issues with the manage packages method and never had an issue with the boot method i have no clue what i do differently than literally everyone else but thats just the way it has worked out so far.

Its exact opposite for me. I had issues with boot method. Manage packages works great for me. 

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2023, 08:41:03 PM »
I only hard load the OS obviously and package installers. I use the ekey menu/setup/game/manage packages for individual games even when adding more than one at a time.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline nlosure

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • nlosure New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 07:23:06 PM »
I just did this.  I suggest if this works for you. 

1. ekey & Diag
- wipe all three items in nvs

2. Install OS

3. Setup system

4. Install Packages/Games.

Offline sccarlso

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2023, 03:38:19 PM »
I just had this occur, and saw on another post to NOT install using the method of ekey and game loader usb in and powering on with 14b bios.

booted with ekey & diag, removed the two game packages I had just installed.  Which also wiped safe storage afterwards.

Rebooted, with ekey only in, as it forced setup.  Except it remembered all my settings as nvram wasn't cleared, so I just had to review them, they were set as they were.

After that, good.  Used the game install method using the ekey after the system booted, installed the same game loaders using that method, enabled all my games again and all was fine again.
No wiping the SSD, just remove packages you installed using the diag, resetup, and install/enable the games using the ekey method.

Won't use the method of plugging the game loader and ekey in on boot again.  While it did load, that was the cause of the Storage Authentication failed error for me.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023, 01:08:03 PM »
Lazzerjett,
Did you get this fixed or no?
If so, what worked for you?
This topic may help future NGL members coming here for help, just like you.
Thanks!
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2023, 03:31:24 PM »
I just had this occur, and saw on another post to NOT install using the method of ekey and game loader usb in and powering on with 14b bios.

booted with ekey & diag, removed the two game packages I had just installed.  Which also wiped safe storage afterwards.

Rebooted, with ekey only in, as it forced setup.  Except it remembered all my settings as nvram wasn't cleared, so I just had to review them, they were set as they were.

After that, good.  Used the game install method using the ekey after the system booted, installed the same game loaders using that method, enabled all my games again and all was fine again.
No wiping the SSD, just remove packages you installed using the diag, resetup, and install/enable the games using the ekey method.

Won't use the method of plugging the game loader and ekey in on boot again.  While it did load, that was the cause of the Storage Authentication failed error for me.

Are you not using show boots?

Offline sccarlso

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2023, 11:27:54 AM »
I am using show boots.   But installing games with many games on the USB stick all at once completed, but on reboot it returned the Storage Authentication failed error.

I read elsewhere to install games from USB after boot instead with the ekey in on 14b bios revs.  After uninstalling the games which originally were loaded all at once on bootup, then installing them post boot with the ekey in.  Then I had no problems at all, everything was fine.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2023, 07:41:52 PM »
Making this topic as "SOLVED"!  :cool_thumb_up:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal