New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Reel Spinning sounds not working during normal game play  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Cams.Cave

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cams.Cave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Reel Spinning sounds not working during normal game play
« on: October 22, 2023, 09:31:06 PM »
I have a perfectly good working Universal Slot machine. I believe its a 1983 model. The reels do not make a "spinning sound" when in normal game play but I am able to make the sound by manually going int the settings and toggling port 104. Is there a way to change/set the settings?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 09:03:03 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Reel Spinning sounds not working during normal game play
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 02:42:49 PM »
Sounds during reel spin did not come out until late 80's. Two sound chips are required and the "System" or "Master Chip" has to be programmed to call for it.

From you description that you can access it in test mode it appears your board has the two sound chips but the game's System chip is too old to call for it.
Pretty sure you cannot upgrade the system chip for that older game.

Run test #9 and post your game chip and System chip number. I'm pretty sure I still have some old data on chips and sound, maybe I can find something?

Offline Cams.Cave

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cams.Cave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 10:51:00 PM »
Thank you very much for your response! It is greatly appreciated.
When I run TEST #9, it cycles through 5 numbers: 90017, 90009, 98758, 98601, 91200. Does that tell you anything?

NOTE: I was told by the guy that I purchased from, this is a 1983 model. But the glass shows 1986. So I'm not certain, but glass could have been switched out...
*I am referencing the attached picture from the manual for the "reel spinning" sound. It can be toggled when going into the settings and I can hear the sounds, but I guess the chip is not calling it during normal game play?...

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 07:26:40 AM »
Sorry for the delay.

Yes, that tells something. Just to know, Universal never used a model number or a date of manufacture until Nevada required a date in the 1990's. So when the cabinet was made is anybody's guess. What I believe, pretty certain, they did do was label their eprom programs by year of development. Your GAME or PERSONALITY eprom number is 8758.09. So that game was developed in 1987 and was the 57th game developed that year. Note that many games developed never made it to market so there are not 56 others out there before it in 87.
The 90009 tells me what theoritical percentage payback that game has. Yours is 88.765%. Yuck! It's a money taker!
The game is called Wild Bar-3 Bar.
Your MASTER or system chip is 8601.17 The 8601 was the most common and used in almost all games from 1986 to 1988.
This 8601 DOES NOT SUPPORT REEL SOUND. And that is your issue here. And in my files I find no newer MASTER that could be used with the 8758.

How it works is the MASTER chip (I called them System chip in previous posts) controls all machine functions like payouts, error generation, etc, and calls for different sounds from sound chips. The early version sound chips had no reel sound and were one chip. Later additional sounds were added and two sound chips were then used. Newer version MASTER chips were developed to call for these new sounds.
The Personality or Game chip contains all the unique features of that game such as reel symbol locations, how much to pay for each combination, and a table for payback percentage. Much more too.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2023, 07:28:27 AM »
Oh yeah, the 91200 is how many credits the game will hold. Yours is 1200 coins.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal