New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Recommended OS build for AVP 3.0  (Read 583 times)

Offline sccarlso

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Recommended OS build for AVP 3.0
« on: January 08, 2024, 03:35:07 PM »
Greetings to all, and more importantly, those who know a lot more than I!

I have a working G23 AVP 3.0 with show boots, but would like to build a new SSD for it from scratch (Yes, I'll retain my original loaded SSD and have backups. Never know!)   :)

I'm familiar with the process, new SSD, boot w/diag & ekey, wipe safe storage/nvram/drive so all is cleared.

Then boot with ekey and a USB with the OS to load.   Configure/add games, done.  Shouldn't be difficult.

My question is...

I have an older OS version on the original SSD in there now.

And I have 18 versions of AVP 014 OS's.

At first, I figured I should just load the newest one (assuming they do hex increments as versions increase.  Don't see why they wouldn't.
And pretty certain I should be using a 14B OS.  There are 5 versions.

Image attached of the OS installs I have available.   Is there one that's recommended over others?  Or should I just use the latest, which is AI014B16?

When in doubt, always ask someone who knows!

Thanks!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Recommended OS build for AVP 3.0
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 04:05:20 PM »
That's what I do.  AI014B0E is the newest I have, so I use it.

Offline sccarlso

• sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 04:45:52 PM »
Good deal!

Thanks Tilt!  You're a wealth of information!

Offline sccarlso

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 04:58:55 PM »
Loaded perfectly!  Thanks again Tilt!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 07:43:57 PM »
You're welcome.  Glad you got it loaded up ok.  Enjoy your machine!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2024, 12:15:17 AM »
Cliff,

In the scenario that Rick posted in another thread, this is the exact procedure that I use:

“Ok, the gameking 8.3r has a very specific workflow which has worked for me.  I posted elsewhere but for the sake of expediency here is my workflow.

1. Wipe everything (you already did this).
2. Boot ekey7 with the flash drive with OS B0C only, and let it run the install.  When done pull out flash drive and ekey and reboot.
3. Configure everything until you get to the part where you add the games (you will probably need to insert ekey before you can configure anything). DO NOT ADD ANY Games.  Power down.
4.  Boot ekey 7 with flash drive containing only the gk package.  It will install the package on the drive.  When done.  Pull out flash drive and ekey, reboot.
5.  The game should boot to no games enabled, you should then have an option in the setup menu (after you insert ekey) to perform the gameking autoconfig, which will setup all the menus and enable all the default gameking options (you can then edit them manually if wish).

Typically I keep the ssd with the gameking install on it and use another drive to run just the slot games.  I have a few of my favorite slot themes installed on the gameking 8.3r build just so I don't have to swap the drive and do the whole wipe/config thing in order to play them.”

Could I use B0E instead of B0C?  I’m assuming that B0E is the newest, and in theory would contain some code fixes?

What do you think?

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 02:41:36 PM »
Good question Jason,

I don't really have a good answer though.  Updates are usually written to fix bugs and add new features.  I don't have any change logs for IGT's AVP OS software though, so I really don't know what they've changed from one version to the next.  I just use B0E because it's the latest version I have.  I know GK8.3R has some specific loading requirement, but I don't run it.  I use my 044 Game Kings to play poker on.  GK8.3R eats up a bunch of the NVRAM and doesn't leave much left for MLD games.  It doesn't use any of the MLD capabilities either so I just don't bother with it. 

I would think GK8.3R should work just fine with B0E, but I can't say for sure because I haven't tried it.  I thought B0E was the latest version they released, but sscarlso has a newer one, so I guess it wasn't.  I really don't know what the last version they released was.

Told ya I didn't really have a good answer  :Tongue_Out:

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2024, 03:20:44 PM »
8.3r works fine with B0E.

W

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2024, 04:02:44 PM »
Good to know, thanks for the confirmation  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2024, 04:05:38 PM »
Thanks guys!  I’m eager to try 0E.  Was just just chatting with Ron and it sounds like the later version in the original post is an international OS.  So 0E might be the latest and greatest non-international version.

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal