New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: need help with my 5000 plus  (Read 19026 times)

Offline athomegambler

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • athomegambler New User has no influence.
  • NLG
need help with my 5000 plus
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:11:06 PM »
Hi  my name is bill  just joined your forum and would like help on repairs on my bally 5000 plus,,, model# S43M36T-00   Ser# S891003972  also had these at the bottom of the ID plate        DCM-4-509   it has the CC-62 D coin camparitor and is a two coin quarter machine,,,  little history on it      the guy i got is found had it for some time and was trying to get it to work and had it in his garage on the floor,,,(dirty area)  he told me it was blowing fuses with the black box power supply so he bought a replacement power supply and showed me with his meter on the door dist board that he was getting the 12 volts and the 24volts ok but when he checked the 5 volts on his meter was not showing anything,,,the power supply was showing a green light and all the lights on the slot machine worked ok, but nothing else would work ,,, quarters would just drop thru to the tray.....i bought it and have cleaned it up inside and out,,,, after doing a lot of reading online and getting a bally 5000 plus operator instructions manual i pulled out the mpu board , check the fuses, and reseated some of ribbon cables,,, i got the coin system to start working,,, i can get quarters now to go down and into the hopper unit,,, also i now seem ok on the dist door board getting just a bit over 5 volts,,,,when i plug in and turn on switch i can get for a second or two numbers on the top to read outs then they go away and i am getting the 82 ,,,,,, i need to also tell you that on the bottom right side of the unit the reset key switch is missing,,, just have a hole where is goes,,, there is a micro switch mounted inside near where the hole is but not sure what it is for or if that somehow worked together with the key switch????     so far have not been able to get any of the reels to spin or any of the buttons to light or work,,,,no sounds,bells or anything like that works yet....take a look at the photos  and if anyone would like to give me a little help on what to do next,, would love to get it going    thanks again

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: need help with my 5000 plus
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »
So when you drop a coin, it goes to the hopper, but does it register on the display?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 01:03:25 PM »
Hi  No not getting anything on the display except now the 82,,,, from what i have been reading my thinking is the voltage at the door dist board on the 5 volts needs to be adj... i read that it needs to be around 5.14 to get things to work??? does that sound right,,,, the voltage now is just a little over 5 volts  like 5.1 or 5.2 volts

Offline jancsi

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • jancsi New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 01:45:13 PM »
Hi!

Try to clear RAM.
Maybe that is problem.
Jancsi from Hungary.

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 01:49:26 PM »
Hi  here are some more photos of the 5000 plus,,, the more i read about it the more i think i got a good deal,, as long as we can get it all working   

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 01:58:29 PM »
hi  reading in the operator instruction manual about a option keypad for the 5000 bally   does anyone have one they want to sell or know where i can get one and how much ,,, i think i am going to need one    thanks

Offline jancsi

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • jancsi New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 12:50:34 PM »
I buy my keypad on ebay.com some years ago, but i don't want sell it.
Jancsi from Hungary.

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 03:31:33 PM »
Ok  i will keep looking for a keypad,,,,,, ok now i have some more questions,,,,, i have been reading about the voltages on the front door dist box,,,,   when i checked the volts i missed the one that shows 7 volts so i went back and checked it and i am not getting any volts at all at that point,,,,, does that need 7 volts all the time and if so what should i check as why i am not getting 7 volts //// also at the 5 volts have read that that need to be higher like 5.14 or the machine wont work at all,,,, is that correct and how do i raise the volts at that point     thanks

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 03:40:22 PM »
There is one on eBay right now. They don't come up real often, at least to my knowledge, but I don't watch for them at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLOT-MACHINE-BALLY-5000-SERIES-PROGRAMMING-KEYPAD-NEW-/331465932296?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2ce8be08

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 07:47:23 PM »
Hi    thanks   i got that one  should have most of what i need when it gets to me to start doing some testing 

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 09:39:25 PM »
Good, I wouldn't want you be waiting another 2-3 months...you just never know when they will come up for sale, so you kinda gotta grab them if you need it! We may have a couple we'll be digging out am delisting, but I would suspect that would be a couple months at least.

Offline metex

• Reputation Power: 2
  • metex New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 11:31:24 PM »
Hi,i mostly work on these machine,first of all clear the MPU board by putting a jumper as indicated on the manual, when done check if start up process is complete without any error code on the display board.close the door and drop a coin,if the coin drops in the hopper and is not counted,the problem is a bad comparitor,you'll have to replace it.this is what i usually do.
If not,I/O board can cause this problem too,I get it rarely

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 08:24:04 AM »
ok  thanks i will get started soon on some of these tests,,,,   i have another part that is missing and not sure about the replacement,,,,,  the key reset lock set that i keep reading about on the right lower side of the case is gone,,, just a hole about the size of a dime,,, now there is a small micro switch that has two wires coming out of it,,, i have tested the micro switch and it works ok,,, it is mounted very close to the hole and i would think there was some kind of a arm that would push the switch when the key was turned ,,,, my question is what does this really do and can i replace it with another type of switch key,,,, i found this one   (see photo) and want to know if i get it and install it,, hook up the two wires to it would this work the same as the lever arm type of the setup,,, any input on this before it go and buy the new switch will help   thanks

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 10:16:49 AM »
The jackpot key switch has 2 prongs sticking out the back that the wires attach to. When you turn the key from the outside, the wires make contact.

I have them if you need one. Just noticed I don't have them listed on my site, but just email me and I will get it out to you today.

Roslyn

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 01:53:23 PM »
ok    before i order ,, question   look at the photo ,, shows the micro switch i am talking about,, you can see where the hole is on the mounting plate,,, so are you saying i can replace the stock setup of a switch lock and the micro switch with just a replacement switch that does both in one unit,,, and that would be fine with me,,, just wanted to show to make sure of  what i have   thanks

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 02:23:50 PM »
Hi  i think this is the switch that is the type that i have now,,, on mine the flat extension is broken off,,, but with this i would still have to find the key/lock switch to match this,, just wanted to post the photo to help with the replacement   thanks

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 05:12:07 PM »
That's not the jackpot switch units I have.

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 05:36:10 PM »
Hi   yes that i what i kinda thought ,,, this is a lot different than what you were talking about,,,, but i dont care if it is the same  ,,, just want to know if it will do the same function as the oem key unit and this micro switch ,,,if i mount a spring loaded key switch in the hole and hook the two wires to it,,, then when i turn the key it should do a reset to the slot the same way the stock bally set up did   correct ????   my other question really is ,,,, do i really did it at all??? what is the main reason for it,,, is it just a quick easy way to do reset without having to open the door, or is there another reason to keep this hooked up     thanks   :Scratch-Head:

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 12:48:36 PM »
Hi  got another question,,, found this ( see photo ) and just want to know if the reels will fit my 5000plus,,,, guy not sure but said it is from 5000  not sure if it was a plus or not,,,, i dont know if mine are ok or not but the price on these are low enough to pick them up as spares if nothing else,,, said they are complete assy  motors and everything,,,, said they all turn freely,,,, thanks for any feedback info on these

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 02:19:02 PM »
Hi   yes that i what i kinda thought ,,, this is a lot different than what you were talking about,,,, but i dont care if it is the same  ,,, just want to know if it will do the same function as the oem key unit and this micro switch ,,,if i mount a spring loaded key switch in the hole and hook the two wires to it,,, then when i turn the key it should do a reset to the slot the same way the stock bally set up did   correct ????   my other question really is ,,,, do i really did it at all??? what is the main reason for it,,, is it just a quick easy way to do reset without having to open the door, or is there another reason to keep this hooked up     thanks   :Scratch-Head:

Jackpot reset is used when a Handpay needs to keyed off the machine (when someone hits a jackpot larger than what the machine can physically pay out, typically only the top award for the game), and to get into and maneuver through menus in programming. A spring-loaded key switch is what they typically are (although the pic you showed is not one, so maybe the 5000 platform used a different type?).

I wouldn't let this hold me up in proceeding with the repair of your game, that's a very small component that may only be used once in a blue moon after machine is operational.

On those reels, if the seller doesn't know, then I wouldn't buy them personally. Especially if yours are not damaged or in need of obvious repair.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal