New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT s+ double mania error 65 1  (Read 2932 times)

Offline ersk3

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • ersk3 New User barely matters.ersk3 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
IGT s+ double mania error 65 1
« on: August 25, 2015, 10:26:21 AM »
I got an headache on this machine. It's an old igt s+, double mania. It will not go away from error code 65 1. I tried the main board with the game and reel chips in another machine, and it worked. I tried the main board from another working s+ in the double mania, and the same error code came. I'm pushing the test button and it will not enter the menu. I'm pressing it for a longer period, still nothing happens. If I disconnect the 3,6v battery, error code 12 appares in the display. Then I'm able to enter the menu pressing the test button. I can't figure this one out and need help.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:53:37 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT s+ double mania error 65 1
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 12:30:33 PM »
It sounds like a mother board problem, since this mpu works in a different machine but a working mpu doesn't work in double mania. Has this been working or is this how you got it? This style of S+ has the front left Mpu is there anything in the cabinet bottom possibly hitting the tray to not let it go all the way down?
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline ersk3

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 12:42:28 PM »
This is how I got the machine. I will try to swap the motherboard with an working machine. Will let you know when tested.

Offline ersk3

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 01:30:44 PM »
I changed the motherboard with a known good one, and it worked. The machine works with the other board. I don't get what could posible fail, it's not many components on the board. Is it posible to fix? Any idèa what could have failed? It would be cheaper for me to fix the old board than buying a replacement.

Thanks a lot so far

Erik

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 01:55:11 PM »
Erik great news. Check to see if there are any burnt or bent connectors, and check the underside for a burn or melt mark in case a coin may have gotten under there. A bent pin or a connection that needs to be cleaned is going to pretty easy and cheap to fix. I know they are hard to come by but K-Lar in Vegas does board repair, there are some options. And somebody else may chime in with more ideas. Good luck, you're headed the right way.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Online knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 01:04:08 AM »
According to the error code FAQ page (http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/ ), 65-1 is just bad EEPROM data on the motherboard.  Pressing the self test button for a few seconds should have cleared the error.  If not, a clear chip would likely resolve the issue, too.

If neither of those work(ed), then you might want to consider replacing the EEPROM chip on the motherboard.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 11:33:50 PM »
Jameco Electronics still sells those older 24LC04 EEPROM's at a decent price but you should also put a 8 pin DIP socket in then plug the EEPROM into that.

You know... for next time, where you don't have to fight with un-plugging and plugging multiple connectors to get the backplane board in and out just to replace a defective EEPROM.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline ersk3

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 03:52:03 PM »
A new eeprom cost me 2 usd from a local repair store, I replaced it myself. I did not fix the problem. I took out resistors and caps from motherboard and measured them, good values, same as a working motherboard. I have ordered a clear chip from ebay, it still takes some weeks before it arrives in Norway. Will keep you updated

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 04:55:32 PM »
Putting in a fresh EEPROM requires a clear.

Have you also checked your 6 pin power plug for burnt or compressed pins?

I have worked on backplane boards where the 6 pin header looked good and shiny but the tin plating would slip right off exposing a burnt pin under it.

The female connector caused it due to a compressed pin that was burnt due to a poor connection.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal