New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Reels don't spin when handle pulled or "spin reels" pressed?  (Read 6348 times)

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Midcoastsurf New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Reels don't spin when handle pulled or "spin reels" pressed?
« on: August 28, 2015, 02:29:57 PM »
I just finished replacing the battery on an IGT S+ RWB machine.  Got the 61 error, held down the reset button until it beeped to get to 61-1.  I then closed the door and latched it, turned the reset key once and the machine fired up in regular mode, spun the reels one time and showed 0 credits on the screen.  I added quarters and the the credits reflected what I put in as well as the lights behind the 5 paylines.  The handle pulled all the way down, but did not spin the reels.  Pressing the "spin reels" button also did not play a game.

What am I missing?  The reels seem to be working fine.  Did I forget to set something up after replacing the battery?

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Reels don't spin when handle pulled or "spin reels" pressed?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 03:30:28 PM »
Did you try pressing the bet one credit button and then the spin? Is the spin button lit up when you're pressing it? Do the coins go to credits or to coins played? If to credits you'll have to press bet one to make it play.  :Scratch-Head:   Kind of different....After a battery change things go back to normal. Is this a machine you had working or a new machine to you. Generally when coins put in go directly to credits the machine has been tokenized with a special sp chip.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 04:14:46 PM »
I put in 5 quarters and the game shows 5 credits. Hitting the play 5 credits button does not do anything. The button is lit. Hitting the one credit button does nothing.

This game is new to me. It did have a quarter in the comparitor. The hopper is empty for now. Is the game disabled when the hopper is empty?

Thanks

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 04:24:03 PM »
I put in 5 quarters and the game shows 5 credits. Hitting the play 5 credits button does not do anything. The button is lit. Hitting the one credit button does nothing.

This game is new to me. It did have a quarter in the comparitor. The hopper is empty for now. Is the game disabled when the hopper is empty?

Thanks

The hopper shouldn't disable anything unless it was in the middle of a payout and ran out of quarters etc. You would be getting an error then. You can try turning the reset key one more time in case it was in a hand pay situation. If it goes to play mode...great. I'm still curious about the the coins in going to credits. You might try pushing the test button until you get a 4 in the coins played window. That will tell you the sp chip and ss chip numbers. I wonder if you have a machine that is tokenized. Have you tried putting in more than 5 quarters?
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 06:55:38 PM »
Maybe try reseating the MPU

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 07:44:06 PM »
Machine rejects quarters now that it has 5 credits. I'll post the chip numbers later. If "tokenized" wouldn't credits still allow me to play a game?

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 08:05:50 PM »
Sorry, the game says 5 coins played, NOT 5 credits. All 5 Paylines are lit. Turning the reset key does nothing - door open or closed. Pushing the little gray button on the edge of the MPU board (test button?) also does nothing.  I also tried reseating the MPU.

I have another S plus machine (different theme), should I try swapping in that MPU?   I believe they are the same era as the internal layout is the same.  I do have an error 42 code, on the other game though (In separate thread),  not sure if that matters.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 08:48:56 PM by Midcoastsurf »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 11:35:13 PM »
Do you have a RAM clear chip? Assuming that the machine worked properly before the battery died, I'd try that here, as it might just be something that got a little goofy after the battery change.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 05:50:23 AM »
Sorry, the game says 5 coins played, NOT 5 credits. All 5 Paylines are lit. Turning the reset key does nothing - door open or closed. Pushing the little gray button on the edge of the MPU board (test button?) also does nothing.  I also tried reseating the MPU.

I have another S plus machine (different theme), should I try swapping in that MPU?   I believe they are the same era as the internal layout is the same.  I do have an error 42 code, on the other game though (In separate thread),  not sure if that matters.

It won't hurt to swap the boards, they are probably both 10mhz. If the problem with the reel tilt is in the other board it will follow to the new machine. If this one works in that machine you'll know there's trouble besides this mpu. I've done this before with this style of S+ and the newer style. You just have to change the trays. Not a biggie. I would do it just to see what the boards show in the other machines. You may still have to do the RAM clear, but you'll have a good idea of what's going on. Good luck. Glad it wasn't a tokenized problem.

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 08:47:33 AM »
I swapped the RWB tray into the machine with the error 42 code and I received a 61 error. I held in the test button and the machine booted and displayed a 42. The reels spun about 3 separate times before showing the code.

I tried putting the other tray in the RWB, but there is a piece of metal on the backside of the tray preventing this. I can either swap the board onto the RWB tray, or try the clear chip first.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 01:54:59 PM »
Your call on the board swap. But if you did swap them and it fired up and it does work then you can always do the clear on the RWB board. If it doesn't work the problem may not be in the mpu. But you do know the 42 error is the machine now. Since it did it with both boards, I'd check for something rubbing on reel 2. Wow you certainly keep things interesting..... :Scratch-Head:

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 08:46:43 PM »
I did the clear chip on the RWB and the clear process went all the way through to the end.  I put in 6 or 7 quarters, but the machine only counted five coins played. Any additional coins fell through to the tray. Basically, exact same situation as before. I couldn't bet one or 5 credits. Spin reel button and pulling the spin reel arm did nothing. Lower light on candle is flashing.

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 10:34:13 PM »
I swapped in the board from my Flamingo Nickels and the game would only take 3 coins (FN is a 3 coin max game. Could not bet or spin the reels. Could this be a dip switch setting?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 04:49:02 AM »
When you turn the machine on, do the reels do their maiden spin from right to left? And then show coins played? The blinking of the candle is the machine showing that the door has been opened and it is waiting for a paid game played to reset. If you have a problem with your door optics, your buttons won't work either. Try this, open your door and locate the little white button on the coin optics. Push it and it should give a credit for each push. Keeping the door open push spin reels.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 06:29:14 AM »
When inserting coins it will only accept the max coins the machine is for the type of machine. 2 coin machine, 2 coins in and any others  fall to the tray. Do the test with the door  open as Elvis mentioned.

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 08:41:17 AM »
When you turn the machine on, do the reels do their maiden spin from right to left? And then show coins played? The blinking of the candle is the machine showing that the door has been opened and it is waiting for a paid game played to reset. If you have a problem with your door optics, your buttons won't work either. Try this, open your door and locate the little white button on the coin optics. Push it and it should give a credit for each push. Keeping the door open push spin reels.

Yes, the reels do their maiden spin right to left and it shows coins played.  I  opened the door, pressed the white button five times to give it five coins played and pressed spin reels and tried pulling the reel spin arm with the door still open,  but nothing happened.  Callings played stayed at five.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 09:08:56 AM »
If you use the test button to get into the programming mode do the buttons work to advance/change options within the menus?

Have you pulled the door harness plug from the motherboard and checked the pins for corrosion and bad connections?

Offline Midcoastsurf

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 02:17:46 PM »
I unplugged and reseated all molex connectors going to the MPU. I then noticed a microswitch was taped closed. I untaped the switch and sure enough, the reels will spin if I hit Spin Reels, or Play 5 Credits (same result with door open or closed). BUT, pulling the arm down to spin the reels does nothing. The arm moves freely when the game has coins played, but the reels don't spin. Here's a pic of the microswitch....

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 03:57:57 PM »
That switch is supposed to be mounted to your handle assembly and gets tripped when the handle is pulled in turn spinning the reels

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 04:00:49 PM »
Here's a pic of it installed.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal