New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT wild cherry 2 coin not cooperating  (Read 13632 times)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT wild cherry 2 coin not cooperating
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2015, 06:38:55 AM »
Dave, I guess I don't know what you are talking about with a cherry switch.

It might be easier and faster for you to just replace the broken optic part.

My thoughts exactly.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2015, 08:12:34 AM »
Dave, I guess I don't know what you are talking about with a cherry switch.

It might be easier and faster for you to just replace the broken optic part.

My thoughts exactly.

yeah, the optics bypass might be good for machines that have a door alignment problem where someone is continually having problems with the optics not lining up, or if someone just wants to be able to play the machine normally with the door open for some reason. But under normal circumstances on a machine with no warped chassis or drooping door it just makes sense to me to replace the bad optic part.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2015, 08:59:47 AM »
Yes and add to the fact it's the early style S+. So all the parts are going to have to be bought. I think for riothecat it's faster and easier to replace the optic than to retrofit a switch, brackets etc. If it were me that's what I'd do.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline riothecat

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • riothecat New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2015, 10:11:13 AM »
Yea I think I'll replace the optics and go from there. I'll come back when I get those if I have other problems. Thanks so much.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 10:35:52 AM »
When you get your set of door optics, make sure you install them correctly.
The door optics will have red and black wires.
The cabinet receiver optics will have red and white wires.

Rudys Deals sells them cheap... Google 'em
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2015, 10:37:37 AM »
^^^Uh....I'd wish someone would remove the stupid NLG blue sticker from my picture?  :thank_you:

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2015, 02:41:43 PM »
Bunker!! How the hell are ya stranger?!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2015, 07:40:31 PM »
^^^Uh....I'd wish someone would remove the stupid NLG blue sticker from my picture?  :thank_you:

Dang! I removed the logo but it got reinstalled up in the corner......

Hey - isn't "reciever" spelled "receiver",
'i before e, except after c" according to Mr Amos,
my high school english teacher.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2015, 07:51:49 PM »
1 out of 2, batting .500 as I see it.   :applause:

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2015, 12:03:55 PM »
Bunker!! How the hell are ya stranger?!

haha! Still alive and kicking up here in the Eastern Woodlands! :p

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2015, 12:05:19 PM »

Dang! I removed the logo but it got reinstalled up in the corner......

Hey - isn't "reciever" spelled "receiver",
'i before e, except after c" according to Mr Amos,
my high school english teacher.

Haha! Thanks Rok! It's the thought and effort that counts!  :rotfl:

Offline riothecat

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »
One pic is of the swithch I am in need of. On is the location in which it lives. Need to know if anyone has one (Rudys deals is looking) and the proper wire positions. Optics on the way. Thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2015, 06:20:44 PM »
That's a pretty common pushbutton switch, they are used on a lot of machines, should be able to locate one no problem. It has 3 terminals on the backside, the center one is the COMMON, the others are the Normally Open and the Normally Closed terminals. That way it can be used in a variety of circuits. One of your switch wires goes to the COMMON terminal, the other wire probably goes to the Normally Open terminal. That way the wires are not connected until you push the switch button.

If no one can say for sure how the wires get attached you can figure it out. Just take the wires loose from that substitute switch and leave them apart in the air. Turn on the machine, then touch the 2 wires together, this is the same thing a switch will do. If that causes the machine to enter Test/Diagnostics mode then you know that the wires should be connected to the Normally Open terminal and the Common terminal. The voltage on the wires is low, probably something like 5 volts, or 12 volts at the highest, it is just a logic signal.

Actually, a pushbutton switch with only 2 terminals would also work, since there are only 2 wires that get connected, it would just have to be the correct type (Normally Open or Normally Closed, whatever your machine needs).

Is that your old switch in your photo, is it bad?

Here is one in a Williams slot machine, it is the red one on the right.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:50:06 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline riothecat

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2015, 06:32:48 PM »
The switch didn't work last time I had an issue and replaced it with a bulky one. Just trying to get it right. It only has 2 wires on it. I found one but am waiting on rudys deals.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2015, 06:36:45 PM »
I think this is the switch you need, it fits in a hole 1/4 inch size, may be available somewhere else for less:

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_121305_-1

Offline riothecat

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2015, 08:35:14 PM »
Thank you

Offline riothecat

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2015, 11:25:19 AM »
Ok got the optics in. Put the test switch in. Put it all back together, turned it on. Nothing but lights. No candle light however. Thoughts?

Offline riothecat

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2015, 11:40:54 AM »
Also not sure if the test switch is connect correctly as I don't know what it is supposed to do. Thanks

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2015, 01:57:59 PM »
Put it all back together, turned it on. Nothing but lights. No candle light however. Thoughts?

Check the power supply cable that runs between the power supply and the motherboard. Details here:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14163.0
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline riothecat

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2015, 02:13:17 PM »
All connections look good.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal