New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: The NLG Welcome Wagon  (Read 391316 times)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: The NLG Welcome Wagon
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2016, 03:48:29 AM »
Welcome to NLG.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2016, 09:30:31 AM »
:CaptainHappy: Hi peeps just thought i would make myself known to all.nice to come across a site that seems to have a clue what a Bally one arm puller is,thank god catcha later

:NLG_WELCOME:

How common are Bally slots in the UK? What kind do you have? There's plenty of categories here to post questions on your slot.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Denny

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Denny New User barely matters.Denny New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • www.designhse.wix.com/designhouse
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2016, 10:01:02 AM »
Welcome aboard !  I have some fruit machines from the UK, but they are not Bally ...  They are or were made by a company called Maygay.  I have "Eastenders", "Only Fools and Horses" and one more Can't think of name (senior moment)!  You will find great folks here and plenty of help !!

Offline jimmydmusic

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jimmydmusic New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • The jimmyd Band
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2016, 08:35:55 AM »
Hello. My name is jimmy, I'm an ole guy, just turned 60. I've been in the gaming repair business since around 1980. In 2000 I opened up my own repair shop and have been repairing all kind of electronic equipment. Old arcade games, monitors - LCD & CRT, video game boards, poker boards, just about anything that has an electronic board in it. I have been doing component level repair since 1980 and I'm always up for a challenge. I finally fixed an old Summit reel slot for a home customer after finding parts to the control and cpu boards. My latest project is fixing a bunch of old Omega 903 and 904 boards. I've worked on then at previous places I worked before going on my own but had to start all over collecting data and making a test jig. I'm also a musician/composer. I just played a reunion concert with an old band from 1976 that I was in and it looks like we will be doing some more concerts. I built my own modular synthesizer way back in 1973, designed some of the circuits, etched all the circuit boards, and it still sounds great after not firing it up for almost 35 years. I'm so back into it I'm building and adding on more modules. lol
Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum and sorry for probably to much info about myself.
~jimmy

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2016, 09:11:06 AM »
Welcome to NLG Jimmy. Lot's of stuff here.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline jimmydmusic

• NLG
    • The jimmyd Band
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2016, 09:31:33 AM »
Thanks Dave. Hey am I allowed to post a new topic on here or is there something I have to do to get that privilege.

Offline Ron (r273)

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2016, 10:53:43 AM »
Welcome Jimmy to our little part of the world for coin operated games (mostly slots).

You can post under these categories here;

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=forum

Posting in Want to buy, sell or trade you need to make a small contribution to the site.
Hope you enjoy your visits.

Ron (r273) 
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline jimmydmusic

• NLG
    • The jimmyd Band
« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2016, 02:20:51 PM »
Thanks Ron I'll try that.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2016, 04:16:22 PM »
Hi Jimmy
"Modular synthesizer"
Interesting. By chance do you like the group "Yes" and specifically Rick Wakeman?
I was just reading a little on the early synthesizers.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jimmydmusic

• NLG
    • The jimmyd Band
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2016, 04:55:52 PM »
Hi! Yes a modular synth. I just designed some new modules for it, sent the gerber files off to a board house and got them back and I've been stuffing parts on the pcb's today.
Back in '73 I heard "Switched on Bach" and also ELP (Emerson. Lake, and Palmer) first and got the synth bug then. I heard "Yes" later an of coarse I liked them also. But Keith Emerson really brought the modular synth to the progressive rock and classical rock scene.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2016, 06:05:25 PM »
Ahh Moog, Yes!

Dave

Offline jimmydmusic

• NLG
    • The jimmyd Band
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2016, 07:23:58 PM »
Sorry, hi Dave! Nah, actually better sounding then Moog. Most of the circuits I used, plus some of my own design, were from a newsletter started by Bernie Hutchins from Ithaca NY and he called it "Electronotes". He's still onlone with some of them archived and others you can purchase from his website. This was back in the early 70's through the 80's. Others donated their designs also in the newsletter. Great stuff.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2016, 07:28:09 PM »
Awesome. I'm thinking back in those days.....Shows my age. The Moog was the thing. I'm glad to see someone who has improved on the technology. The '70s were a long time ago and unfortunately I graduated in the middle.    :cool_thumb_up:

Dave

Offline Denny

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Denny New User barely matters.Denny New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • www.designhse.wix.com/designhouse
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2016, 05:21:16 AM »
Hey Shagarooni,
  I remember the MOOG, but that was Maurice "Moog" Johnson.  He was our 6 ft 6 in center on our High School basketball team.  But that was back in the middle 50's so I guess he was ahead of his time !   :24:   :24:   (Boy, am I old !!! )  :duh:

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2016, 05:59:35 AM »
Hey Shagarooni,
  I remember the MOOG, but that was Maurice "Moog" Johnson.  He was our 6 ft 6 in center on our High School basketball team.  But that was back in the middle 50's so I guess he was ahead of his time !   :24:   :24:   (Boy, am I old !!! )  :duh:

Ahead and tall for his time.  :fryingpan:

Offline John6072016

• Member since June 7, 2016
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • John6072016 New User has no influence.
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2016, 11:15:17 AM »
 :wave: I am happy to be here !
My wish, among many.  Learning something new, everyday!

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2016, 01:29:08 PM »
:wave: I am happy to be here !

Welcome to NLG John  :wave:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2016, 03:17:00 PM »

Offline HSPTuned

• HSPTuned New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2016, 02:22:21 PM »
Hello everyone, Small time slot machine owner, I'm 23 and have been around these machines all my life. They are 1 of my 3 hobbies (Drag Racing/EFI calibrator as a side job/Slot Gaming) Trying to learn more about them Through forums and this is the first one I remember a fellow member telling me about a few years back, I stumbled upon the old website an hour ago LOL. took me a bit to make it on over to this forum and register.. Anyways, I'm happy to be on board and ready to dig through the technical articles As I have a few machines I'd like to repair on my own and branch off from having to rely on someone to make it right.. Thanks for having me

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2016, 03:02:15 PM »
Welcome to NLG. I have many of your same afflictions.
Let us know how we can help you. :NLG_WELCOME:
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal