New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally/IGT 1130-5 Need Help  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Osso12

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Osso12 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally/IGT 1130-5 Need Help
« on: May 09, 2016, 03:40:08 PM »
Wow, its been several yrs since I have been on here and posted. I used to own two IGT S2000's so I know enough about slots to get me into trouble...lol
Anyway, I obtained a old (maybe 1978 or mid 70's) 1130-5 three wheel slot. I cant find any info on it on this site as of yet. Heres the back ground on it. My mom gave it to me, they have had it since 1978 or so. Its a quarter machine, and it worked flawlessly BEFORE i moved it to my home. When we first powered it up, it was in TILT mode. I told my wife I didn't know anything at all about these older machines (my brother got an almost identical model that takes silver dollars but more on his later) and to open it up but be careful with it. I did not think we could hurt this old tank. Anyway, she opens the door....pushes a button inside the door on top right hand corner. It spits all the quarters out
of the coin hopper into the collection tray, then the lights all powered off. We unplugged the machine, plugged it back in, does not come on. What has happened and what do we need to do now? Thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Bally/IGT 1130-5 Need Help
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 04:54:44 PM »
Welcome back to the NLG website.

Your comment title says "Bally/IGT 1130-5" but it can't be both a Bally and an IGT machine, right?  Those here that want to help need to know what machine you have, so the more info you can provide the more likely it is that you'll get responses.

If you can post a few photos of the machine, one showing the outside and another showing the main logic board (mpu board) that will help to identify it and get things started.

You can look inside the machine and find the fuses, check them to see if any are blown, and make sure the fuse caps are snug. When you moved it to your place did the machine get laid down on its back or side? If so there may be a loose coin inside the machine that moved somewhere and is causing a short. A loose coin can get stuck anywhere like under a circuit board, under the main power transformer, etc. When moving a machine it is usually better to remove all the coins from the hopper, this will prevent a coin from falling out of the hopper and ending up somewhere causing a problem. In fact, a lot of folks remove the hopper from the machine and move it separately, this makes the machine lighter and gets any hopper coins out of the machine.

When you plugged it back in the last time and it didn't come on, did the lights inside the machine come on? Any other indications? The main power switch inside the machine is set to ON, right?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 05:47:22 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Osso12

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 05:52:19 PM »
We transported it on its back when we moved it. We transported the machine with the coin hopper out of the machine. There are no outside lights on but a small orange light on the left hand corner towards the back of the machine. What main power switch and located where?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 06:39:40 PM »
Ok, I see that it does have both an IGT and a Bally id plate, so there goes my thinking on that.  :garfield:

That's good that you removed the hopper and its coins before moving it. Because it was laid on its side and got jostled around during the move it might be a good idea to unplug the machine, remove the hopper and carefully look around in there for any loose coins, screws or other metal objects that could be shorting something out. They could be under the main power transformer, on the back of the hopper plug, anywhere.

Since the machine was working fine before you moved it then I'd suspect that moving it did something to cause the problem. EDIT: I'd think about removing the mpu board and I/O board also just to make sure there aren't any coins behind those boards.  There may not be any large circuit boards if this is an older machine.

Also check any connectors to make sure they didn't come loose.

There should be a large chrome toggle switch inside that turns the machine off and on, often it is in the bottom half of machine in front of the hopper, maybe to the right side, unless someone has removed it and the machine has been modified to be powered up all the time. Can the previous owners give you any info about that?

With the hopper removed you can also check for a metal bracket holding several fuses.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:53:10 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 07:49:28 PM »
That looks like a Bally EM Slot machine.. They have a safety time located behind the hopper.. If the hopper runs for an extended period without paying coins, the safety time shuts the machine off.. There should be a flat metal rod that runs under the hopper and stick out.. If you push that back, it should reset the safety timer.. If your machine doesn't have the reset rod, then pull the hopper out and push the button sticking out of the metal bracket holding the safety timer, that should bring your machine back to life... I would unplug your machine and go fishing for any quarters that could be back around the back of the machine.. They like to get behind the safety time and transformer.. 

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Osso12

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 09:57:37 PM »
Ok, pulled the hopper out, pulled fuses... All fuses good... Plugged machine in and viola... Works like a charm EXCEPT its only taking one coin at a time... You cant load the machine with three quarters as the second one drops to the pay chute. Thanks at least its running.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal