New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally S6000 needs a DBV and cash can--how can I make the machine recognize it?  (Read 3277 times)

Offline Jasonmichael

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Jasonmichael New User has no influence.
  • I have the slot sickness...
Just picked up my first Bally machine (everything else is IGT) and, after a battery change and reset, it's working fine with the pseudo coin button.  But, when checking out the machine in the low quality pics on Craigslist, I did not see inside and, as it turns out, the machine is complete except for the DBV and cash can.  Apparently, like with IGT, there are several different types for any given machine type--so I am hoping the board can tell me what I should be looking for based on the photos of what's there.  Any insight would be much appreciated.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:05:22 PM by Jasonmichael »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bally S6000 needs a DBV and cash can--but which ones do I need to look for?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 04:48:17 AM »
WBA 003 is what you need

Offline Jasonmichael

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 09:51:23 AM »
Excellent--thank you!

Is it just plug-and-play or is there programming (aside from turning it on in the menu) involved?

Thanks again,

Jason

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 10:10:42 AM »
Should be plug and play.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 11:21:39 AM »
Make sure you get the right WBA with the right connector!!!    your picture appears to show a WBA 11 type connector mounted to the shelf assembly ( contacts mounted on the sides of the connector)     if you get the standard WBA with the pin type connector, you will have to change that connector on the housing assembly.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Jasonmichael

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 01:22:42 PM »
All good info--thanks everyone!  Does anyone happen to have this DBV and cash can for sale?  If so please let me know:  jasonmichael2003@yahoo.com.   

Thanks very much!

Offline Jasonmichael

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 07:00:45 PM »
Ok...got a DBV and Cash Can installed.  Now how do I activate them on the machine?  Do I need a special chip after clear like in an IGT S2000?  Or to simply turn on a setting in the menu.  Pictures of everything installed and what I see from the outside.  No codes, just zeros in the credits and credit in meter.  Any insight?

Thanks!

Jasonmichael

Offline Jasonmichael

Been searching the site and trying things.  Found the manual and set dip switch 2 as recommended-see photos.   Still just sits there looking pretty with zeros in each window. 

Offline pbwizard25

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
After you set ds2 switches you must do a clear and also make sure coin mech switch is up on the front of board.

Offline Jasonmichael

After you set ds2 switches you must do a clear and also make sure coin mech switch is up on the front of board.
Thank you.  There is no coin handling on this machine.  Do I still need to make sure the coin mech switch is up on the front of the board?  And, if so, can you give a bit more description of how that is done?  Is the coin mech switch on one of the three dip switches?

Thanks again!

Jason

Offline pbwizard25

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
There is a toggle switch on the front of the board between the test and pseudo coin buttons called the coin mech . Yes it must be up for a dbv to work even without coin.

Offline Jasonmichael

There is a toggle switch on the front of the board between the test and pseudo coin buttons called the coin mech . Yes it must be up for a dbv to work even without coin.
OK so I had no idea that that little switch had to be up.  So, I spent the entire day hopin the switch was down and I just got home, ran into my man-cave, whipped open the Bally 6000 and, much to my heart's great satisfaction, it WAS down.  So I switched it UP, powered on the machine and nearly fell out of my chair with delight when the two little green arrows (see photos) lit up!  So I grabbed a dollar ready to load the first real credits into the machine when, of course, the little green arrows went away and were replaced by the little red "Do Not Enter" sign.  So then I figured I'd might as well do a complete reset hoping that that will get me back on track--but, no, same result after the reset.  Now what?   :Scratch-Head:  :hissyfit:  :banghead:

Offline Jasonmichael

One more thing that I've noticed: unlike my IGT machines, this DBV makes absolutely no sounds when the machine is fired up or when the cash can is reinstalled.  I did have to change out the wiring harness when I put in the new WBA DBV because the harness that was in the machine had the wrong receiver in it.  The new harness has several wires that the old one didn't have.  I connected the new harness to the main board and to the power but did not connect any of the other wires on that harness because I figured they weren't needed since the old harness didn't have them.  Perhaps I'm mistaken there?  I've pictured the old harness and the wires that are not connected on the new harness.   Thoughts, gents (& Roz!)?

Offline Jasonmichael

HI all:

Tried a new DBV and it works perfectly! 

Next trick: figure out how to adjust the settings so that cashed out wins either print a ticket or go to WIN PAID when the reset key is turned. 

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Cannot believe it was as simple as turning on that little coin switch.   :duh: :duh: :duh:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal