New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My first IGT S2000 12 Times Pay has problems.  (Read 5661 times)

Offline MGB1977

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • MGB1977 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: My first IGT S2000 12 Times Pay has problems.
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2018, 08:11:20 AM »
OK.......I tried that just now (open door......turn key one time.....close door) and I get the same thing.  Display says display checked.....testing memory.......service key light comes on for one second then goes out.......then it displays.....general wheel tilt and door open M.  No wheels spin, and NO call attendant.  I did continuity checks on the bi-pass wires yesterday, but now I am questioning everything.  I used the wire through the door method. 

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2018, 08:18:08 AM »
Yep sounds like door optics.

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2018, 08:41:07 AM »
I just ran continuity tests on all wires.  Green wire from cabinet optic plug to cherry switch....ok  Red from door optic plug to cherry switch....ok  Green wire from door optic plug to purple wire on the door optic plug.....ok  All show good continuity. On the cherry switch.....Green wire to position 1......red wire to position 3.

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2018, 08:48:59 AM »
I should add.......door optics are not attached to the connectors.

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2018, 09:10:34 AM »
Should I try re-cleaning the board under where the green battery was?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2018, 11:51:58 AM »
It wouldn't hurt to clean it again but it's not likely to change anything if you did a good job the first time. If you think the door optics or bypassed door optics circuit is working ok it might be time to start shopping for another mpu board.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2018, 12:31:30 PM »
I was afraid of that. :banghead:

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2018, 01:24:32 PM »
Before buying a mother mpu board.........Does anyone know where the optics connect to the mother board or some other spot.  I would like to check and make sure that the cherry switch is getting the door closed signal to the mother board.

Thanks again for all of your help.

(edit to fix typo)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 04:59:30 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2018, 03:36:25 PM »
Before buying a mother board.........Does anyone know where the optics connect to the mother board or some other spot.  I would like to check and make sure that the cherry switch is getting the door closed signal to the mother board.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Do you mean buy a motherboard, or a mpu board?  Don't get the two confused. The mpu board is the large circuit board with the green varta battery.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2018, 04:34:02 PM »
Thank you.......I meant the MPU board.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2018, 04:57:27 PM »
That's what I figured but wanted to make sure, didn't want you to order the wrong thing. I'm not expert on S2000, so before you order a board might be good to get other opinions from people here about that being the next step to do.

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2018, 07:50:10 AM »
Sorry for all the questions.......BUT......I do not know what wire or wires tells the machine that the door is closed.  I see how the red door wire and the green cabinet wire connected to the cherry switch turns them (optics) on and off. (door open and door closed)  The green door wire connected to the purple cabinet wire completes the circle.  It is a complete circle........How does the machine (MPU board) know if the door is open or closed?  I know of no wire connected to the MPU.......It is a complete circle, except for the power to the work light.  All wires were cut....except for the green cabinet wire which is long enough to attach to the cherry switch.

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer....so.....someone please explain this to me.

Thanks!

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2018, 07:20:49 AM »
Does anyone in this group have a IGT S2000 12 Times Pay?  My MPU is part #  75510504 rev B.  I am trying to learn more before ordering a MPU. 

Thank you for your help.

Offline markb7605

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2018, 07:22:45 AM »
i do
Thank You
  Mark

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2018, 07:34:38 AM »
Sorry for all the questions.......BUT......I do not know what wire or wires tells the machine that the door is closed.  I see how the red door wire and the green cabinet wire connected to the cherry switch turns them (optics) on and off. (door open and door closed)  The green door wire connected to the purple cabinet wire completes the circle. It is a complete circle........How does the machine (MPU board) know if the door is open or closed?  I know of no wire connected to the MPU.......It is a complete circle, except for the power to the work light.  All wires were cut....except for the green cabinet wire which is long enough to attach to the cherry switch.

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer....so.....someone please explain this to me.

Thanks!

I think it would be good for you to get this door optics mod figured out on your machine. It may or may not be working, but would be for the best if you understand how it works in either case.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2018, 09:11:32 AM »
there is a way to check and see if the door optics circuit is working. get in the test mode, scroll down to the I/O tests, 4.1,  enter the input tests, scroll to the processor input test, the first item should be light pen, scroll down to the main door test,  there should be a 0 there when the door is open, when you push in or pull out the cherry switch , the zero should start changing from a 0 to a 1 and continue this until you change the position of the cherry switch. if it does not do this then you will NEVER get the machine to work.

p.s.  under normal conditions with the optics connected, when you close the door and put the latch down, the 0 will start changing to a 1 if all is good.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2018, 09:49:51 AM »
I have also ordered Clear 97.......still looking for Set key chip 45.

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2018, 10:45:25 AM »
Jim,
Thank you.  I sent you a PM.

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2018, 12:53:30 PM »
Jim,
I just ran the optics test that you posted here this morning.  On the Main Door test.....I got a 0 when the door was open.....AND....when it was closed.  Does this mean I need a new MPU board or what?

Thanks again for your help.
Jay

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2018, 01:42:54 PM »
here is the wiring for the optics:

cabinet optic;  green wire goes to J-11 pin1,  violet wire goes to J-11 pin 2.

door optic:  red/white  goes to J-19  pin 4,   green/ blue to belly switch comes out as a green wire which goes to J-19  pin 3.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal