New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier  (Read 40795 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2018, 08:21:30 PM »
Un latch the switch and compare the contacts to see if they are closed like the photo I attached.

This position completes the circuit to the handle release.
Check for continuity on the closed contacts.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »
Also try this after the coin in switch has been activated.
Manually move the handle release mechanism up and down.
See photo.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Tat2Dave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2018, 09:59:13 PM »
if this is what you are takling about? This is what mine looks like. The only difference is it looks like where it dips down on yours that part is touching, and on mine it isn't. My coin switch doesn't work at all. It has continuity when i test it, but when i tap it i don't hear anything and it wont let me pull the handle. I can move that lever up and down(handle) but nothing happens.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2018, 05:43:06 AM »
Try resetting the machine as described back one page in post #89.
The picture doesn’t show the complete stop lever, but its right at the end of the big yellow arrow.
Pull and hold that piece forward, then pull the handle

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2018, 08:41:03 AM »
David, My mind keep going to the feature unit. He had such a hard time getting it back in. You know how much of a pain those can be or at least I do. Sometime once you remove one the beau plug is a pain to get completely back in. If you don’t have good connection there you can chase your tail round and round.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2018, 08:57:29 AM »
It’s a possibility. There is not much guidance when replacing the top unit. Slowly is the best approach.
Never had a problem myself, but I’m sure it could happen.
My next move would be to jump a good yellow from a light socket to the wires on the coin switch.
Of course just one wire at a time excluding the yellow on the switch.
Next would be my low tech unit movement, in and out back and forth 1/4 of an inch.
Possibly this would help make better contact at the beau-plug.
This happens quite often after pulling out a unit and the machine just stops working when the unit is replaced.
Poor connection at the beau-plug.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2018, 10:49:24 AM »
I like the spray the cabinet plugs with a mist of WD40 then slide the plugs together s few times. I wipe off all the excess when finished. I figure if it works to get moisture out of old car distributor cap to get them started in to older days. It won’t hurt the beau plugs.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2018, 10:56:41 AM »
David, My mind keep going to the feature unit. He had such a hard time getting it back in. You know how much of a pain those can be or at least I do. Sometime once you remove one the beau plug is a pain to get completely back in. If you don’t have good connection there you can chase your tail round and round.
Top shelf (feature unit) i still don't have the glass on it yet because it's so hard to get on, and when i do get it back in the lights don't work.    I can pull that lever foreword and pull the handle and the reels spin. I haven't got my new coin switch yet, using the one i soldered back together, sent Jon my info but didn't hear back from him?

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2018, 10:59:22 AM »
Also, when i plug it in I no longer hear that thunk sound like i used to hear.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2018, 11:07:43 AM »
Also, when i plug it in I no longer hear that thunk sound like i used to hear.
That was the stepper unit coil energizing. That is what coins in 1-5.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2018, 12:51:59 PM »
As mentioned you can jump a yellow wire down to the switch and briefly touch it on to the orange to see if the hand will release.
Or the blue yellow wire or whatever color the other wire on the switch is.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2018, 01:12:17 PM »
Does the top frame and glass go easier when the top unit is out of the machine?
Most of the time it’s the latching mechanism that needs to be adjusted for a smoother transition.

For now I would concentrate on getting the machine back in running order.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2018, 02:38:50 PM »
yes the frame goes in real easy without the step up unit in there. And yes, I would rather get the other problem fixed first, I'm trying not to get discouraged with it, so I want to thank everyone again for all the help. I'll try the jumper wire next.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2018, 05:15:04 PM »
I’m sure you check the plug pins on the back of the top unit.
But it sounds like one pin might be bent over. Thus keeping the unit from sliding in all the way.
If one pin is bent, it could keep the machine from running.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2018, 03:07:54 PM »
So I'm hoping this is good news? I ran a jumper wire like you said, and when i touched the coin switch the lockout coil ( scavenger ) went in. So what does that mean? And what next??? That's where I touched the coin switch. Also when i turned it on this time i heard the thunk.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2018, 04:18:08 PM »
Great news, I got the coin switch today from K LAR, and he was nice enough to send 1 extra one.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2018, 05:29:57 PM »
Install the new switch see what happens.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2018, 06:01:19 PM »
I did, the lockout coil ( scavenger ) pulls in,. but nickels still  fall through??? I can tap the coin switch and pull the handle. Should the top lights change every time i tap the coin switch?

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2018, 06:11:42 PM »
What next? I finely feel I'm this close to fixing the main problem. :applause:

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2018, 06:18:55 PM »
I did, the lockout coil ( scavenger ) pulls in,. but nickels still  fall through??? I can tap the coin switch and pull the handle. Should the top lights change every time i tap the coin switch?
Did you try putting the coin in with the door open or closed? Usually if the doors open it causes it to be rejected due to the doors angle.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal