New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier  (Read 40831 times)

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Tat2Dave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2018, 06:42:47 PM »
Door closed, then open so i could see what it did. Would it help to adjust that screw?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2018, 06:56:20 PM »
The odds lights should move to the right starting with the second coin.

The coin mechanism usually won’t work with the door open.
Close the door insert coin. If it stops near the top of the coin mechanism then turn the screw to the right
until the coin drops through. Them maybe a fraction further.
Give it a try. This is a very fine adjustment and remember to have door closed when testing.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2018, 08:01:30 PM »
Just falls right through, turned it a little at a time.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2018, 10:42:17 AM »
Adjust the mechanism on the bench.
Turn the screw out until the coin stops or drops through the right chamber.
Then make slight turns to the right until the coin drops through.
Coin should drop through the left chamber to activate the coin switch.
Also use some compressed air to clean out any dust and debris.
When reinstalling depress the coin return lever on the unit. Located on the top left.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2018, 11:22:51 AM »
No luck, took it out and turned the screw until nickle would not fall through, and then turned screw to the right until it would fall through. Still just drops through. Is this in  the right spot? on yours from the front i see a gap, don't see a gap on mine from front

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2018, 01:19:30 PM »
Try it without the piece.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2018, 03:08:52 PM »
Nope, still the same, drops right through

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2018, 04:13:34 PM »
When you say drops right thru. It passed thru the machine into the coin tray?
Is the machine on and the coin lock out is retracted?
With the unit is out does the coin go thru the left chamber or right? It should travel thru the left side.
If it does that tells me its okay, but when in the machine the coin lockout will divert it out the right side chamber into the coin tray' if the coin lockout is not energized.

Usually the little slide lever on the back of the coin mechanism never needs to be adjusted.
Unless it has become loose or someone messed with it trying to keep the coin from running thru.
You can try to move the slide bar to see if there is a difference, but mark where its at before you do.
This is another fine adjustment.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2018, 04:22:28 PM »
Coin lockout tab needs to retract when the machine is on and stay that way until the last coin is inserted.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »
Yes, it passes through to the coin tray. yes the machine was on, and the coin lock out was retracted. But now it's not. With the coin mechanism out some times it went to the left, and some times it went to the right.
When you say drops right thru. It passed thru the machine into the coin tray?
Is the machine on and the coin lock out is retracted?
With the unit is out does the coin go thru the left chamber or right? It should travel thru the left side.
If it does that tells me its okay, but when in the machine the coin lockout will divert it out the right side chamber into the coin tray' if the coin lockout is not energized.

Usually the little slide lever on the back of the coin mechanism never needs to be adjusted.
Unless it has become loose or someone messed with it trying to keep the coin from running thru.
You can try to move the slide bar to see if there is a difference, but mark where its at before you do.
This is another fine adjustment.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2018, 07:46:57 PM »
If the lockout doesn’t retract the coin will pass into the tray.
How many years has this machine been in service with out maintenance,
as far as you know? Reason being, if all the components are good. It’s just a matter of cleaning, adjusting the contacts and lubrication of moving parts.

Try operating the machine manually however you can.
Do this after the machine has warmed up around 10 minutes.
Then play it for a good 20 to 40 minutes. Thus giving it a good workout or sorts.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2018, 08:58:40 PM »
I've had the slot machine for about 15yrs, I got it for my Mom. I was gone for 4yrs and I guess my Mom was doing kinda bad and she sold it before she passed away. I bought it back from the person she sold it to. It worked with nickels when my Mom and I had it, and it worked with nickels for the guy who had it, it worked with nickels when i got it back. The only problem it had  the lights didn't work anymore, so i contacted some one on craigslist who works on slot machines, said he would fix the lights for $300, so i dropped the machine off to him. He got all mad because i asked after about 3 or 4 days if he had any luck, said he didnt have time to baby sit me, asked how long he was gonna need to keep my slot machine, and he said a month or longer, said i could come pick it up if I wanted, so i said yes. When i picked it up it wouldn't accept nickels any more, so I think he did something to it. I am trying to learn all I can to maintain it, and want to refurbish it and add the things it's missing. ( jackpot bell, candle, ramp switch, coin counter ). So to answer you question, it hasn't been maintained very well.  Now when you say operate it manually you mean tap the coin switch to pull the lever, or move that one thing so can pull the lever?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2018, 09:16:24 PM »
$300.00 that’s out rages!! Or maybe I need to raise my fees🤔..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2018, 05:54:38 AM »
Yes, use the coin switch it’s the closest thing to a normal operation. The handle release stop will also work, but it bypasses a couple of switches. You want the machine to be active.

Try cleaning the coin mechanism again with compressed air. Then this low tech technique, squarely tap the bottom of the unit [size=78%]on a hard surface like a work bench. The sudden stop may jar out some small debris.[/size]
These mechanisms are very sensitive so the least bit of dirt could mess it up.

Post a photo of the front of the machine and looking straight inside.
Just as a refresher to what your machine is.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2018, 09:30:18 AM »
I've talked to 2 other people and they want $100hr and $150hr to fix my slot machine. The top shelf glass isn't all the way in, but when i tried putting it in the lockout coil retracted. The third real  got stuck a couple times, and spun slow a couple times. Now if 2 bells and a bar is a jackpot, shouldn't 2 water melons and a bar be a jackpot? Didn't pay out the whole time i played it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:53:02 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2018, 10:51:40 AM »
Okay the machine pretty much works.
Whatever the payout schedule reads is what the payout should be.
Did the machine land on a payout and not pay or it just didn’t stop on a payout?
So now you know the lockout retracts when the top unit is completely in.
Do the lights move across if you press the coin switch more than once?
Re the 3rd reel. All the mechanism pertaining to that reel needs to be lubricated and freed up.
The reels should be removed to make it more accessible to the mechanisms below.
Might as well lube everything under the reels.
Reels come out easy, but may take a little more time putting back.
One thing to pay attention to is the flat spot on the right side of the reel shaft.
It needs to seat on the corresponding flat area on the chassis.

Your making progress, this is good.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2018, 11:17:46 AM »
The top unit glass was not all the way on/in. I tapped the coin switch more then one time and the lights did not move across. Don't know for sure if it landed on any payouts. The coin switch just stopped working on me.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2018, 01:13:35 PM »
Well you know the coin switch works. Sounds like a loose connection or dirty contacts if it stops and starts.

Try the low tech solution as I described before. Move the units in and out back and forth 1/4 of an inch.
Do one at a time then test for a change. Start with the top unit.

Tracing down bad connections / contacts is not very easy over the internet.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2018, 03:59:06 PM »
Coin switch no longer works. I put my meter on AC and i get a reading of 12 volts, no continuity though when i test for that. I pulled the hopper out and Jons wiring diagram says the #26 on the plug should be yellow & black (38) #27 should be white & black (58) and #28 should be red & black (18) My hopper doesn't have any of thoughs on it.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2018, 04:43:21 PM »
With the machine on. Hold the coin switch down and simultaneously move the wires in the door.
Also move the white plugs and the wires going into the plugs near the door jamb, then the wires going into the machine on the left upper side.
Listen for any type of mechanical actions.

Posted a schematic of an 809 a while back. It might help.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal