New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier  (Read 40837 times)

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Tat2Dave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier
« Reply #180 on: October 14, 2018, 10:07:29 AM »
I did try 2 cherry's before I did the 3 watermelons again, and it didn't do anything with the cherry's, no noise, nothing. I' making little labels and putting on my slot machine to remember and learn where things are. I have no problem trying what you guys tell me, and don't mind doing the work, as long as you guys don't mind telling me. AND THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP. I tried watching the video on his facebook page, but all it did was spin around and around, it never started for me. Something is obviously wrong with the beau plugs on the top shelf unit because all it takes is a little wiggling for the lights to work, or not work. And when I put the glass in, they don't work. I'm kinda afraid to take things apart to clean and then put back on. But I guess I better take good pictures before and while I take apart things so I know how to put back.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #181 on: October 14, 2018, 10:28:54 AM »
Do as I suggested. Get some WD40 and spray the cabinet plugs. Then work the plugs together 4-5-6 times then wipe off the excess. Your light don’t stay on because of the tarnish built up on those plugs. You must get those clean. Another good tool to have is a contact cleaner or electronics cleaner. It runs up to $10 for a spray can and can be found at electronics stores.
As for the Video of Jon’s Facebook I’ve watch a little bits of it over the past week. There’s nothing wrong with the video, but if your trying to watch it on a phone, you need to be connected to WiFi.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #182 on: October 14, 2018, 11:31:43 AM »
When working on the beau plugs, take time to inspect the soldering for loose or broken wires.
Got to look at each and every wire. It may look like its connected, but it may just be laying in place.

You have the best EM slot machine persons helping out.
I’m sure if you machine was in front of any of these guys it would be running in a day.

Have a friend with a slot machine that he couldn’t figure out. Took to Vegas for repair.
The guy could not get it running. Took it to a person in town who was suppose to be Mr. Slot.
Still couldn’t get it going.
I met him after all this when he came to look at a machine I had for sale. He explained the situation.
Told his I would like to take a crack at fixing the machine.
Went to his house one Saturday morning, within 30 minutes had the machine running like new.
Not bragg’n, just saying there are a lot of good mechanics on this site.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2018, 11:34:44 AM »
Already got the contact cleaner and will work on getting the plugs cleaner today. There is something wrong with my Dads laptop because it wouldn't show any of the new parts on K LAR'S website when I went to buy something. Will try watching video on another laptop. Have watched some stuff on youtube.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2018, 06:20:31 PM »
Started a new job and have been doing 10hr days so been pretty tired when i get home. cleaned the beau plugs on the top shelf, If i push the top tray in real good the top lights don't work, but the lockout coil energizes. If i pull the top shelf out a little, the lights will work, but the lockout coil doesn't energize. I just tapped the coin switch, with the top lights on, and the lockout coil did energize. Also, don't remember if the coin accepted light was lighting up before or not, but it does light up when i tap the coin switch, but the lights still don't progress if i tap coin switch more then one time.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2018, 06:41:44 PM »
They say if you take a pair of needle nose pliers and turn the male pins on the plug a hair about 5 degrees that it helps with the connection of the 2 plugs. I have taken a very fine wet/dry sandpaper, 500 or 600 grit and fold it small enough to go inside the female side of the plug to clean up some of the oxidation that has formed inside that plug. You might just want to work the feature units plugs in and out a half dozen times or more too.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #186 on: October 19, 2018, 05:42:45 PM »
Thank you, I'll try that next. Gonna un screw the female beau plugs and check the solder there also.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #187 on: October 19, 2018, 06:39:48 PM »
Take note of any individual sockets that might be pushed out the back compared to others.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2018, 11:57:59 AM »
Cleaned both male and female beau plugs as good as i could. Still nothing. It's the step up that makes the top shelf lights light up every time you put up to 5 coins in? Well, i tripped it like i put more then one coin in, pulled the handle and the 3rd coin light stayed lite, it didn't go back to first coin light. From what i can see trying to look in when the top shelf is in, it looks like the plugs are just barely going in. I tried lifting it up and down a little, side to side, and no luck. IO'm gonna look in my book and figure out the wire routing and component locations, and the wire routing and connector plugs and check those. ??? Don't know what else to do???

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »
Did you ever spray the female cabinet plugs with WD40? That will help them slide together.
And remember...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2018, 02:12:14 PM »
I did all that, I even took the brackets that hold the female plugs on the back of the wall off so i could slide them on the male plugs, and the plugs don't go in very far, but i was able to slide the tray in far enough to put the glass back on.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2018, 02:28:08 PM »
Go back to post #147 referring to the odds unit reset relay and cleaning the brass contact receiver rivets.
If you can access the reset relay while the unit is in the machine. Press it down with a non conduct rod of sorts. This should reset the odds unit to coin one. This is what happens when the first coin in dropped in. If the rivets and contacts are clean the odds lights should advance.
If the reset coil doesn’t energize, the contacts on the reset coil could be dirty or out of adjustment. Or the coil is bad or a possibility of a broken wire.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:49:16 PM by DavidLee »

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2018, 05:58:59 PM »
Go back to post #147 referring to the odds unit reset relay and cleaning the brass contact receiver rivets.
If you can access the reset relay while the unit is in the machine. Press it down with a non conduct rod of sorts. This should reset the odds unit to coin one. This is what happens when the first coin in dropped in. If the rivets and contacts are clean the odds lights should advance.
If the reset coil doesn’t energize, the contacts on the reset coil could be dirty or out of adjustment. Or the coil is bad or a possibility of a broken wire.
     So my odds unit reset relay was on top of my slot machine, and you just want me to move the plastic piece so the contacts touch?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2018, 06:37:00 PM »
No don’t remove those.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2018, 06:40:06 PM »
Yes, manually activate the relay by pressing down on the white plastic armature.
This should reset the odds unit back to first coin. The lights should also indicate first coin
The coin switch should advance the odds unit at this point, if everything is clean and working properly.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 07:37:49 PM by DavidLee »

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #195 on: October 22, 2018, 07:10:40 PM »
The first two nothing happened when i pushed them in. The second two, both of them made the lockout coil de energize, and then energize.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:13:15 PM by Tat2Dave »

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try, or did everyone give up on it? Just wanted to thank everyone for all their help, I can't make any donations until I get payed again on the 2nd.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2018, 07:34:35 PM »
Let’s backup a little. Will the machine take a coin naturally?
Have you manually reset the odds unit and tried playing the machine?
Please post a photo of the complete odds unit in the machine.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2018, 11:12:41 AM »
Ok, it will not accept nickels, as far as I know I reset the odds unit. The on center line, and 1st coin light are lite on the top shelf, the winner paid, and insert coin lights are lite. The lockout coil is energized, I can tap the coin switch and it will let me pull the handle. Now if the door is closed, sometimes one of the reels wont spin. It has not paid out anything since I got it back. 2 other pictures on reply#195

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2018, 11:32:44 AM »
I did this to go from 1st coin up to 5th coin, and then reset them.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal