New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Alpha S9000 Elite - 20" LCD to round top glass conversion.  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Nurbo

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
Alpha S9000 Elite - 20" LCD to round top glass conversion.
« on: November 03, 2018, 01:11:23 AM »
Hello,

I currently own a Bally Alpha S9000 (Elite) with a 20” LCD screen.

I would like to install a new game kit that does not use the screen. So I need to install a round top glass instead of the screen.

I saw on photos that the S9000 with glass have a plate "player tracking" on which come to rest the bottom of the glass.

Could someone take pictures from the back of the top box so I can see how the mounting is done?

Thank you !
IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline pbwizard25

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Alpha S9000 Elite - 20" LCD to round top glass conversion.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 11:38:40 AM »
Hope this helps

Offline Nurbo

• Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 12:16:53 PM »
Thank you very much, that's exactly what I wanted to see  :1:
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 06:36:11 PM »
It would be a lot easier to to just take a photo of the roundtop glass part and just display the image on the lcd using a cheap media player than to go through the hassle of doing the conversion.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 09:47:12 PM »
Also consider looking into finding an updated version of the game you are trying to run. Bally did UPDATE SOME of their classics to work with the 2nd screen.

What game are you looking for?
-------
Charles

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 12:07:35 PM »
Hello,

It's funny I did not even think about it yet I had already done  this installation on an S2000. I was making  payment tables via Illustrator / Photoshop.

My Raspberry is already set to broadcast images. I have just had a look on the S9000 and the connection of the screen corresponds to my installation on the S2000, a simple VGA connector.

But when disconnecting the screen, isn’t there a risk that the machine detects a problem and goes wrong ?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 02:21:25 PM »
Well, if the game uses a plexi and not the screen for a paytable, why would it look for a monitor?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 05:01:40 PM »
If you are using a game that requires NO TOP SCREEN and is an Alpha 1 reel game, isn't it going to look for the smaller 9" screen to display the denom info?? I never had one of the Bally alphas so just curious.
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 08:26:46 PM »
Good point.  It would need that, otherwise there's no way to configure it.

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 02:55:35 PM »
Ok, I understand.

And suddenly, do you think I can do the settings on the 20" LCD before unplugging ?

In fact I have not bought the kit yet, so I can't do tests, and I would not buy it if I can't use it.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 11:45:33 PM »
WHAT GAME IS THIS YOU'RE TRYING TO RUN??? THERE MAY BE A UPDATED VERSION THAT USES THE TOP SCREEN TO DISPLAY THE PAYTABLE.

What you are trying to do is not efficient. Just my opinion. I understand you want to run this game but a touch video screen will be required at some point for the settings, credit info, denon info. etc....

If you want a glass top then you might as well convert your machine to a 9in bottom screen.

Anything is possible with these machines but your goal should be to ADD things to your machine not take them away. You know what I mean? I had an M9000 single screen for the longest time but modified it to run as a dual screen cabinet.

But without telling us what game you are trying to run, I cant tell you if there is a newer version that will LOOK BETTER than a piece of glass.
-------
Charles

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 01:08:51 PM »
But stop shouting at me !!!  :hissyfit: (humor of course!  :yes:)

Yes you're right, with the name of the game it will surely be easier ... This is the Double Diamond Line. I like atypical games like this one.

I like to modify my slot machines, it allows me to know better. My first machine was a S2000 3 reel + 1 bonus that I modified into 5 reel. Then in 3 reel. Finally I added the bill validator and the printer with TITO.

I am less familiar with the S9000 regarding possible modifications. I don't know if I need to change the harness to add a 9 " screen ...

For this new game kit, I didn't think about the settings…. :duh:  :duh:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 01:50:07 PM »
Alpha games will error out if you disconnect the monitor the next time the game updates the screen, you will get a red box with an error.  I don't know if double diamond line was ever made for the S9000 elite platorm.  If it is one of the original stepper alpha games with the little screen in the middle and topbox with plexi, it will probably require the pci card with all the SMI eproms on it and the CF card that runs the eprom software.  I've never tried to run the older style game on an S9000 elite, and honestly I wouldn't want to anyway. The S9000 elite games are a lot better.  If I were you, I would look to buy kits in the future that are meant for the S9000 elite.

The alpha cabinet is very flexible, and you can convert that to a  3 reel game (need 3 reel glass, top led bar, and side led bars, 3 reel bracket for the top with harness and of course the 3 wider reels).  You can convert it to a video 20/20 cabinet (you will need a new middle door with lcd monitor and associated bezel and mounting hardware).  You can convert it to an alpha 2 20/20 (expen$ive). 

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 10:45:11 PM »
Thank you for this analysis, it's very informative  :cool_thumb_up:

As I said I found this game atypical and that's what attracted me.

I will warn the seller that I will not take the game.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal