New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help on an old Bally machine  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Quincy21

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Quincy21 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help on an old Bally machine
« on: May 12, 2019, 02:27:59 PM »
Hello, I have recently acquired this machine and no one seems to know anything about it or where to get parts, it is in great shape and now works fine after a little wiring fix.., It is however missing the payout display :wave:, the front glass says bally as well as parts on the inside but under the hopper there is a tag that says IGT, no other information...Thank you for any help....

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 128
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Help on an old Bally machine
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 07:17:03 PM »
Check for ID tags below the handle bottom left corner.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 08:07:18 PM »
On some of these early Bally EM slot machines, the payout meters were removed when they quit working. They then just put a piece of black tape over the glass opening.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 08:34:40 PM »
The machine appears to have 809 .25 marked on the hopper.
Exterior looks like it’s near the 1090 to 1088 models.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 09:17:19 PM »
Some company built a machine out of some spare parts.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline slcjeeper

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 10:53:32 PM »
Looks like you're missing the mechanical counter. Not the easiest thing to find, but they are out there. Can you post a pic of the inside of the door at the payout window?
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline Quincy21

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 08:00:15 AM »
 Hi again, There was no tag on the side when I picked up the machine, it looks like it was torn off , just the rivets remain, and yes there is a piece of black tape over the payout window on the door..I have enclosed the photos of the inside door...also there are four wires that were taped off at the ends right near the payout window and I assume they were connected to the payout meter....Thank you all...

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 08:12:31 AM »
The counter will look similar to the one in the picture. Maybe 2x3x5
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline Quincy21

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 08:16:30 AM »
Oh Ok so its a mechanical payout meter, Ive been looking for the wrong meter, I thought it was an lcd meter...Thank you very much I will keep looking for one..

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 08:29:36 AM »
KLAR http://slotmachinerepair.com has a couple listed on their site. Maybe send Alan an email with the info on your machine to see what fits.

Offline Quincy21

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 08:31:26 AM »
Great :dancing_2: thank you so very much....

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 08:43:17 AM »
Win meter photo attached to compare wire colors This is a digital type.
Besides the meter and fixing the wires the machine runs and pays okay???

Offline Quincy21

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2019, 09:19:23 AM »
That's the colors of the four wires that are left unattached...Yes now the machine works perfectly, cleaned it all up , found a broken wire on the hopper and fixed it because it was not paying out correctly, changed a few bulbs and repaired the coin diverter....only thing missing now is the payout meter,I sent a message to KLAR and awaiting a reply...

Offline Quincy21

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »
Hi DavidLee I saw on another post that you have built a digital win meter and it looks exactly like the same circuit I had just purchased, I am going to attempt the same thing but it would really help if you could just provide me with any of the wiring that triggers the count and reset if at all possible...Thank you very much..
Lou.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2019, 04:24:13 PM »
It would be easier to find a used meter. I don't think they are made anymore.
The machine I built the meter for was a 1090. It took a lot of time to build.
Had to assemble the counter kit, design a box to fit it into and readouts needed to be rotated to face out.
Also required a transformer to drop the voltage to run the meter.
The original wires for reset and count up were used but had to run them through a relay to drop the voltage to the new counter.
Added red arrow to take up the space between winner paid and meter.

I have 1088 low mileage machine with the counter and it works, but sometimes it doesn't reset or over counts.

Offline Quincy21

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 04:32:44 PM »
Yes I think it will be too much trouble to do all that, only problem I have is locating a meter, Ive been searching for days and have not come up with any luck, but, thank you for the advise I will keep looking....

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 05:27:56 PM »
Your best bet it KLar. I myself have a NOS digital meter I’m saving.
And remember...

Offline Quincy21

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 06:25:26 PM »
Hello, what is Klar?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 06:33:41 PM »
Hello, what is Klar?
KLar or Klar. Same place you have a message into in your reply #12.
And remember...

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 116
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 07:36:07 PM »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal