New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King printer & TITO; what do I need?  (Read 1390 times)

Offline ScottyK

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • ScottyK New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game King printer & TITO; what do I need?
« on: March 15, 2020, 08:16:50 AM »
Hi everyone.

I'm still very new to this hobby, so if I seem not all that knowledgeable about this, please be patient with me.

I recently acquired a Game King 3902.  It's in a bit of a rough shape, but the price seemed right, and I'm hoping that with a little hard work, I can get it up to speed.

Anyway, I would like to install a printer and a BettorTITO into it, to go along with my WMS BB1 (Dean Martin's Wild Party).  I found an inexpensive GEN 1 printer ($15) that I feel would be adequate for the home environment, but I'm not entirely certain, so if someone could confirm that for me, I would be most grateful.  But now to the main questions (also, see attached photos of the upper cabinet as it currently looks.):

1) I see a couple of boards up top; does the printer cable attach to either of those in some way?
2) I know that the printer comes with a cable, but is there any other cable that I would need?
3) Do I need any mounting hardware for the printer, other than what is currently in place? (see photo)
4) I do have the correct front panel, which I removed in order to take the pictures, but I would need a "print ticket" or some such bezel for the front.  Does anyone know what would work here on this model and the GEN 1 printer (if that's an acceptable printer to use)?
5) I have an extra BettorTITO for a BB1; is there any way that could be adapted to work with the Game King? (I suppose I should get in touch with Jim @ Bettor Slots about that one!)

For the brief amount of time that I have been a member here, I've seen so much great help to anyone and everyone who has questions regard their machines, so I know this is a great community.  I hope to one day be as knowledgeable so that I too can help others with their slot questions.

In the meantime, thanks in advance. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Game King printer & TITO; what do I need?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 01:59:25 PM »
Gen1 will work as long as it is a net plex printer.  Printer model usually has an N after it ie. PSA-66N.  The Tito boards are all the same, the only difference is the serial cable that attaches to it, you need to source an igt compatible serial cable for the Tito board.

The printer connects to netplex.  The distribution board in the top box has 10 pin molex plugs on it.  You can use any of them.  Typically one will have a harness connected to it that ends on an 8 pin molex plug, and this plugs into the mating plug that should be attached to your printer.  If your printer does not have the 8 pin connector at the end of the cable, it is either not netplex, or someone mismatched printer with printer carrier base.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 03:28:51 PM »
Thanks, rickhunter; that's very helpful and useful information!

I'll have to check to see if the GEN 1 is Netplex or not.  Here's hoping...

Update:  Just checked; it is!

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 06:25:55 AM »
Typically one will have a harness connected to it that ends on an 8 pin molex plug, and this plugs into the mating plug that should be attached to your printer.

OK I think I know what you are describing here, and there is not a harness present, unfortunately.  Any ideas as to where I might be able to obtain one?  I did a Google search and came up empty; perhaps I'm not using the correct terminology in order to get a meaningful result.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 07:05:19 AM »
Rickhunter, you are the man!  Thanks!

One other question, though; would another cable be necessary to connect the power? (This appears to be a 3 pin Molex on the same cable coming from the printer).

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 07:48:17 AM »
That cable is not used, power is supplied through the netplex connector.  There's a 24 volt connector that plugs into the distribution board that gets sent to all the netplex connectors to power the peripherals.  That 3 pin molex is not used in this case.  I believe it is the led activity light that is also present in the connector below where the paper feeds out.

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 08:56:03 AM »
OK got it; just wanted to make sure.

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge with me; I can't thank you enough!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 09:21:37 AM »
Enjoy, 3902  continues to be a pretty cool platform.  Your next step is to upgrade the cabinet to an 044 and get yourself a superstars poker board.  :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Offline ScottyK

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 11:16:51 AM »
This is how it starts, I guess; get hooked, and then you need the next best thing!

I have already checked some of the posts on the GameKing thread about doing the upgrade to 044, so I'm fairly certain I can do that quite easily.  But with all the $$$ I'm spending now to get the thing in decent shape, I'm going to have to wait to do that.  I do like what Superstars offers, though, so the upgrade might happen sooner than I think!

Once again, thanks for all of your help with this. :hail:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal