New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS BB2 Printer Help  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Orbis

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Orbis New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WMS BB2 Printer Help
« on: September 16, 2020, 08:03:33 PM »
I have a WMS BB2 machine, and a PSA-66-001N with the GNUSA7510 TKT-2.3 FW on it.
Every Game I setup on the machine complains about PRINTER COM ERROR.
I am selecting netplex when configuring the game.

I have the cables hooked up, paper in the machine, and printer displays Green Light Ready, but I can't get the Printer COM Error to go away.

The games work fine on the machine if I have no printer selected.

I do not have another printer to test at this time but would be willing to get another one to rule it out.
If I need one I'd need to know what kind to get. (trying to get this working so I can get the TITO board working.

Thanks in Advance!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: WMS BB2 Printer Help
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 10:05:05 PM »
How are you setting up SAS?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Orbis

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 06:54:10 AM »
Here is a set of shots from the machine, and a shot of the cable I have.

Offline Orbis

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 06:55:00 AM »
Here are the other 2 shots I took.

Thanks for your review :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 08:32:33 AM »
Do you have a TITO board installed?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Orbis

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 11:52:59 AM »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 01:12:34 PM »
All the settings look right.  I would try a known working printer at this point, make sure it is a known working unit and not just an e-bay untested special.

Offline Zingsi

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Zingsi New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 05:25:22 AM »
Hello Orbis,
i also own a BB2 Machine without Tito, but with the same Problems....with my first Printer my Machine said: Printer COM ERROR
Then i got a new Printer(used but tested at another Machine of a friend)
With the new Printer my Machine says now: Printer DEVICE ERROR

Perhaps someone has an Idea? Thanks CHRIS

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 01:23:28 PM »
If you don't have a tito system installed, you need to set your sas settings to standard validation instead of system as pictured above.  You also need to set the printer as netplex.  Then the printer will print tickets, you just won't be able to do anything with them, the machine will not read the ticket back to grant credits.

Offline Zingsi

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 01:51:07 AM »
I made all the right Settings and I know this isn’t the problem
The Printer runs in other machines and goes to fault during power up process in my machine
The failure is: Printer Device Error
Anyone an idea what it could be?
Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 09:48:52 AM »
I will respectfully bow out of this conversation. 

Offline Orbis

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 06:00:03 AM »
As it turns out I have an RS-232 printer, so by selecting the printer type in the machine configuration to reflect that and not netplex I was able to get the machine up and printing.

Thanks for all the valuable help with this.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2020, 06:51:12 AM »
That's really weird that it would work.  Then you probably don't have the firmware that you posted in the printer.  If you hold the paper feed button as you power up, the machine will print a test ticket with the firmware that is actually in your printer.  I bet it is not the GNUSA type.

Offline Zingsi

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2020, 11:52:59 AM »
I solved my Printer Problem, but pls don’t laugh at me:
The failure was to put the Paper the wrong side up, so I learned to put the written side up with the two black
Boxes at the upper and lower side! So when I turned the Paper around the Printer went to green led and runs perfect !!!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal