New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Reels won’t stop spinning, E2226 Machine  (Read 809 times)

Offline Jay3361

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Jay3361 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Reels won’t stop spinning, E2226 Machine
« on: January 02, 2021, 03:22:20 PM »
Hi, I’ve had a Bally E2226-23 for about 25 years, was always problem free until one day the reels wouldn’t quit spinning.  I’m not getting any error codes at start-up.  When I try test 3 (switch test), the display shows “3......”, but no test seems to be activated.  I’ve ordered a new kick switch thinking that’s the likely culprit.  But would appreciate any suggestions.  Note that I can stop the reels by resetting the machine, and it’s then ready for the next pull...but once the lever is pulled, they simply freewheel again until they run out of energy.

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: Reels won’t stop spinning, E2226 Machine
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 04:07:15 PM »
once the wheels keep spinning - try pulling the handle again - if the handle pulls - the problem is most likely the arm/kick switches on the reel mech.

Offline Jay3361

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 08:17:40 AM »
once the wheels keep spinning - try pulling the handle again - if the handle pulls - the problem is most likely the arm/kick switches on the reel mech.

Thanks.  Yes, I can pull the handle again (and again, and again).  I’m expecting delivery of new arm/kick switches in the next couple days.  I’ll update whether that solves it.  I also have a replacement battery on the way based on advice from another E-2000 owner.  I’ll attempt each repair separately, testing the results as I go.

Offline MartynH

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MartynH New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 03:14:22 PM »

Thanks.  Yes, I can pull the handle again (and again, and again).  I’m expecting delivery of new arm/kick switches in the next couple days.  I’ll update whether that solves it.  I also have a replacement battery on the way based on advice from another E-2000 owner.  I’ll attempt each repair separately, testing the results as I go.

I just fixed an E-series 2275 (1982) model.  When I started on it, only the 3rd reel would keep on spinning but after I started working on it, then all 3 reels kept spinning.  In the end, i found that the ribbon cable that connects the MPU to the I/O board had come loose.  I reseated it and now it works properly.  To get to that cable, just unplug and remove the reel unit and its on the back wall.

Offline Jay3361

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 04:00:37 PM »

I just fixed an E-series 2275 (1982) model.  When I started on it, only the 3rd reel would keep on spinning but after I started working on it, then all 3 reels kept spinning.  In the end, i found that the ribbon cable that connects the MPU to the I/O board had come loose.  I reseated it and now it works properly.  To get to that cable, just unplug and remove the reel unit and its on the back wall.

Thanks!  I’ve got the reel mechanism, hopper & door removed now, but will reassemble it in the next couple days and give that ribbon cable a good look. 

Offline Jay3361

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 10:14:47 AM »
I relocated this machine & reassembled it.  Checked to ensure the ribbon cable between the MPU & I/O board was fully seated.  Tested and the reels still spin with no desire to stop after a pull, and I can continue to pull the lever to re-release the reels. 

I have new arm switch & kick switch on the way, as well as a new battery.  However, I noticed that the candle is lit, indicating an open door even when the door is shut.  Could that cause the reels freewheel?  Manually activating the door switch (lower hinge) didn’t have any affect on the light.  It remains on as long as the machine is powered up.

Offline Jay3361

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 11:44:58 AM »
Update: noticed the door open light/candle was lit even with the door closed & locked. I ran a switch test, no reaction when activating the door hinge switch.  I bypassed the switch and the light was extinguished.  But no affect on the free-spinning reels.

Arm & kick switches just arrived, so I’ll head back down to my shop in the next day or so to replace those.  Battery is in transit, but won’t likely be here until mid-week, so that work is still a few days out.

Offline Jay3361

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 10:31:07 AM »
I’ve jumped around a bit here so I’m going to stop this thread and start a new one with updates as a new starting point.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal